What would you do this summer?

quite obviously the club is on a bit of a downward spiral. attendances are at an all time low, no money for investment on the pitch and redundances within the club. corney unhappy, results rubbish, no sign of ground improvement. i could go on. so what do we do?

personally, if they announce that season ticket prices are the same, and the club as a whole takes an 'as you were' attitude, it wont be long befre we are relegated. budgets seem to be cut every year, and if you run as a league 2 club for long enough, you inevitably become one.

so what to do?

well personally i think a radical overhaul of the whole club is needed and quickly. what this involves is open to debate. slashing season ticket prices and match day prices clearly doesnt work, the club just runs at a loss. personally i dont think altering the pricing structure on any level will have a radical effect on things purely due to sky tv/utd/city et al providing much cheaper football. we would need to set prices ridiculously lo to see any impact, and as with the golden ticket even then attendances only improved by 800-1000.

so whats your new and improved ideas then? they might be well thought out proposals or just random thoughts that have just come to you now. stick them down here.

One such proposal ive just thought of is a company season ticket. setting a price around £1000 per company per season, we could offer a various different packages not tried before. dont get me wrong im not talking about the usual sponsors package where you get pitch side signs, adverts in programmes etc. im talking something a little different. free use of the sponsors suite for meetings/functions 364 days a year subject to availability. free player/chaddy appearances on request, again subject to availability. Maybe a free to enter company football tournament on the pitch close season. Now these are just three ideas, but im generally thinking of things latics can virtually give away for free (it wouldnt cost much to employ someone to open the bar for every meeting, and they would also take money over the bar) if they were to add another 6 or eight suggestions to the ideas here, i dont see why they couldnt get £1000 a season for it. if 100 companies - large or small signed up, thats £100,000 extra in the coffers, and having spent next to nothing achieving it. the trick here is the pre pay element. theoretically a company could use the sponsors box on ten different occassions for only £100 a time. cheap as chips. throw in chaddy and kuqi opening their new shop in royton, and the networking chances at the tournament its a relatively attractive proposition. if latics were to link up with oldham chamber of commerse to publicise it it could be a goer.

thoughts?

like i say feel free to add any other ideas here as well.

I wouldn't say this is going to appeal to the masses... Are most of our fanbase company owners?

no but like i said you dont need masses amount of take up. you also dont need those companies who take it up to even be latics, or even football fans. with all the possible things you could include in this, which are free, even if you only got 20 companies take it up its still 20 grand you wouldnt have had

Definitely worth a try, or at the very least, the club considering, nothing to lose and as you say philliggi minimal outlay.

We've tried discounted admission etc, but until we improve facilities whichever way we can then i feel we're pissing against the wind.

Obviously a winning side is paramount too, but if fans do return they need treating better than what's on offer facilities wise at present......it's shambolic.

no but like i said you dont need masses amount of take up. you also dont need those companies who take it up to even be latics, or even football fans. with all the possible things you could include in this, which are free, even if you only got 20 companies take it up its still 20 grand you wouldnt have had

100 companies would be an excellent take up, though I don't think the facilities we have, both match day or meeting are particular good.

If we had good facilities in a new or redevloped stadium, then it would be much easier to make the money. However, we all know the issues there.

I am aware that Man City have a corporate season ticket which is about £1.5k I believe.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

Definitely worth a try, or at the very least, the club considering, nothing to lose and as you say philliggi minimal outlay.

We've tried discounted admission etc, but until we improve facilities whichever way we can then i feel we're pissing against the wind.

Obviously a winning side is paramount too, but if fans do return they need treating better than what's on offer facilities wise at present......it's shambolic.

Build a decent social club at the ground - two or three bars, games room and garden with kids facilities, decent beer and food, large screens and bring back a sense of match day occasion to BP.

Build a decent social club at the ground - two or three bars, games room and garden with kids facilities, decent beer and food, large screens and bring back a sense of match day occasion to BP.

again that would require large investment which the club do not have. realistically its not an option, and wouldnt happen overnight in anycase

If I was the club then I would do following -

1. Arrange a meeting between owners and fans ASAP

2. Simon Corney outlines exactly what his strategy is and objectives are for the new season and beyond including following -

- Stadium development

- Team building plans

- ST pricing and a joint strategy between owners and hardcore fanbase to attract an additional 1-3000 fans that is economically viable for fans and club

- Improving matchday experience

- New investment options (be it a joint owner/fan/local company funding in return for share options for the club/share on future ground sale but not to detriment [ie breaking even + x% rather than a killing or making a loss] to current owners)

The club is dying and now is the time to build relations between owners and fans so that both have a major say in the running and future of the club.

Stuff the Trust Director. I mean 3 (so there's at least a 66% majority) fan representatives on the board who provide input from the fans, have a proper say in how the club moves forward and building the initiative to extract interest, investment and new fans from schools, local companies, charities etc.

If I was the club then I would do following -

1. Arrange a meeting between owners and fans ASAP

2. Simon Corney outlines exactly what his strategy is and objectives are for the new season and beyond including following -

- Stadium development

- Team building plans

- ST pricing and a joint strategy between owners and hardcore fanbase to attract an additional 1-3000 fans that is economically viable for fans and club

- Improving matchday experience

- New investment options (be it a joint owner/fan/local company funding in return for share options for the club/share on future ground sale but not to detriment [ie breaking even + x% rather than a killing or making a loss] to current owners)

The club is dying and now is the time to build relations between owners and fans so that both have a major say in the running and future of the club.

Stuff the Trust Director. I mean 3 (so there's at least a 66% majority) fan representatives on the board who provide input from the fans, have a proper say in how the club moves forward and building the initiative to extract interest, investment and new fans from schools, local companies, charities etc.

tbh i think this would be a great idea. the last time they held a meeting it provided a lift around the club just as they were announcing season ticket sales. could do wonders at a critical time

Just get a camper van and drive it up and down the car park.

No reason.

I'm planning on me and my buddies trekking to see a dead body at the end of an old rail line. Along the way we'll encounter many obstacles to overcome and have our own enlightenments. Years later I'll look back on this summer as one of the high points of my life and maybe write a book about it after hearing about the death of one of my good friends.

I'm planning on me and my buddies trekking to see a dead body at the end of an old rail line. Along the way we'll encounter many obstacles to overcome and have our own enlightenments. Years later I'll look back on this summer as one of the high points of my life and maybe write a book about it after hearing about the death of one of my good friends.

You've always been good at telling stories.

Leaches.

It's up to everyone to do what they can, players, fans and board included. A bit of feel-good rubs off on everyone.

The close-season is probably the best time to do it too.

Brilliant