I'm back

Any of you making the trip over on Monday? What are your thoughts on the game?

If you're after any advice or tips to make your journey a pleasant one then please ask away.

I'm guessing that a lot of people will bail seeing as it's on Sky and according to some on here we all hate the club now and don't want to watch us anymore. I'll be there seeing as it's a quick trip on the tram for me from Heeley (assuming they're running) and if it's typical Latics (the bad kind) you'll win 2-0 with ease and we won't pass the half way line, but it it's typical Latics (the good kind) we'll scrape a 1-0 win but we've not won at Hillsborough in over 80 years (although we've barely played there tbf)

I'm guessing that a lot of people will bail seeing as it's on Sky and according to some on here we all hate the club now and don't want to watch us anymore. I'll be there seeing as it's a quick trip on the tram for me from Heeley (assuming they're running) and if it's typical Latics (the bad kind) you'll win 2-0 with ease and we won't pass the half way line, but it it's typical Latics (the good kind) we'll scrape a 1-0 win but we've not won at Hillsborough in over 80 years (although we've barely played there tbf)

i find it quite funny that no matter what the result, you can always guarantee "ITS TYPICAL LATICS"

i find it quite funny that no matter what the result, you can always guarantee "ITS TYPICAL LATICS"

Maybe it's because the vast majority of our results are typical latics? Can't wait for the day we start regularly grinding out results against the 'riff raff' of the division, not that I want us to lose our edge against the bigger teams.

Typical Latics for me is:

Conceding late goals

Losing to teams lower than us in the league home or away regardless of our form

Beating promotion candidates regardless of our form

I'm guessing that a lot of people will bail seeing as it's on Sky and according to some on here we all hate the club now and don't want to watch us anymore.

You can understand people not travelling with it being on Sky. Quite a lot of beer tokens in the pub watching the game instead of match ticket and travelling costs if you're lucky enough to find some fuel.

If you fancy a pub visit near the ground, The New Barrack Tavern is a great pub which welcomes away supporters. Loads of Real Ales and food.

Think it's open around 830/9ish.

I think its shows Latics inconsistancy

Promotion form for an entire season isn't typical Latics but then again neither is relegation form for an entire season

In fact if you look at it we are the type of club who like to stick around a division for years in the last 50 years we have had 4 promotions and I think 4 relegations. I sometimes envy the West Broms and Birminghams of this world who have promotions and relegations every other season even the likes of Chesterfield Wycombe and Northampton who bob up and down between leagues 1 and 2 get to see atleast a promotion to celebrate every 5 years it seems.

Promotion form for an entire season isn't typical Latics but then again neither is relegation form for an entire season

In fact if you look at it we are the type of club who like to stick around a division for years in the last 50 years we have had 4 promotions and I think 4 relegations. I sometimes envy the West Broms and Birminghams of this world who have promotions and relegations every other season even the likes of Chesterfield Wycombe and Northampton who bob up and down between leagues 1 and 2 get to see atleast a promotion to celebrate every 5 years it seems.

im 27 and realistically ive only seen 2 relegations. was about for the division 2 title but too young to appreciate it

Surely the fact that we never go up or down and always finish at around the same point in the table shows how consistent we are.