Season Ticket Prices Frozen

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, will someone help me out...

Do 16-19 year old Students count as a concessionary on matchday prices or will i have to pay adult prices?

Thanks in Advance!

You need to ask the club for a student membership application. It costs about £13 and you need a letter saying you're in FT education. For the cost you get a nice laminated card with your mug on it, show it at the turnstile and you get in at u16 rates.

Ideally the club would just do an NUS discount, but this is a good scheme. Yet every year the club are cloak and daggers about it and it gets no publicity.

Those of us in employment should have a option of sponsoring a student enabling them to get cheaper entry into the ground. This would be on the understanding that they chant on my behalf for 90 minutes, backing only the players that I like and deliver my list of insults to officials whenever they are in earshot.

Those of us in employment should have a option of sponsoring a student enabling them to get cheaper entry into the ground. This would be on the understanding that they chant on my behalf for 90 minutes, backing only the players that I like and deliver my list of insults to officials whenever they are in earshot.

This is a winning plan. I like it.

You need to ask the club for a student membership application. It costs about £13 and you need a letter saying you're in FT education. For the cost you get a nice laminated card with your mug on it, show it at the turnstile and you get in at u16 rates.

Ideally the club would just do an NUS discount, but this is a good scheme. Yet every year the club are cloak and daggers about it and it gets no publicity.

The NUS approach always seems a better option to me. Less admin involved and for those students who only make the odd game, i.e. outside of term-time, they might not bother with the membership and then might be put off by adult prices since they're generally skint.

Do i just get a letter from my college, or will my college ID/NUS card suffice?

i got in this year with a £50 U-16 ticket because i was 16 at the turn of the year, now 17. i'd imagine it'd be the same this year

fairly annoyed it would only cos me a tenner this time round but no-one at the turnstile checks who the ticket belongs to, surely if i managed to buy one i'd be sorted if i kept my head down on the way in?

i got in this year with a £50 U-16 ticket because i was 16 at the turn of the year, now 17. i'd imagine it'd be the same this year

fairly annoyed it would only cos me a tenner this time round but no-one at the turnstile checks who the ticket belongs to, surely if i managed to buy one i'd be sorted if i kept my head down on the way in?

Think you just answered your own question there!! :grin:

Probably worth risking it for a tenner haha, am i just being stupid paying 9quid a game?!

I think a big well done to the club is required here.

Yes, times are hard, (for most of us, with the exeption of perhaps professional footballers.....but that's another debate.....) but the club is losing money EVERY week. The cost of running Latics has gone up year on year but season ticket prices haven't.

To all those who are demanding a Hartlepool style ticket offer - behave yourselves - the ONLY thing which will persuade lapsed fans to return is the product on the pitch. Just look at the Golden ticket offer - £15 for 5 games and we STILL only put about 800-1000 on the gate. Price is NOT the main issue. I won't be going on Saturday because I've lost the buzz, and I'm just not bothered enough at the moment (just like a lot of the first eleven, some may argue...)

Yet another price freeze and the £10 incentive for u16's is superb. The pay on the day prices are pretty good too compared to other clubs across the league.

A difficult decision has been made which isn't going to please everyone, but name an organisation that does? It's impossible.

I think a big well done to the club is required here.

Yes, times are hard, (for most of us, with the exeption of perhaps professional footballers.....but that's another debate.....) but the club is losing money EVERY week. The cost of running Latics has gone up year on year but season ticket prices haven't.

To all those who are demanding a Hartlepool style ticket offer - behave yourselves - the ONLY thing which will persuade lapsed fans to return is the product on the pitch. Just look at the Golden ticket offer - £15 for 5 games and we STILL only put about 800-1000 on the gate. Price is NOT the main issue. I won't be going on Saturday because I've lost the buzz, and I'm just not bothered enough at the moment (just like a lot of the first eleven, some may argue...)

Yet another price freeze and the £10 incentive for u16's is superb. The pay on the day prices are pretty good too compared to other clubs across the league.

A difficult decision has been made which isn't going to please everyone, but name an organisation that does? It's impossible.

That just about sums it up for me Dan. I'll still be going because i've paid for it in advance. Normally i'd be positively gagging for top-of-the-league at home and a chance of turning them over. Can't raise the enthusiasm this time though, can see nothing but a comprehensive away win on the cards :angry:

Anyone bought a ST online in the past?

Any problems?

Any surcharge?

Yep I've bought online before - gives you the advantage of being able to pay by credit card, should you wish.

Booking fee this year is £6.56 (for MSU at least), and postage fee is £6 - or you can collect for free.