1st time in a long time poster, but long time viewer of opinion.

For what it is worth, just watched footie league show and yet again, goal given away at far post, no marking and basic errors, how many times this season!

christ when i used to play (which is not that long ago) I would be torn a strip for marking like that, and I was someone at local league standard who payed full back to fill in when short.

I have been a regular for the last 30 years who was starting to introduce my lad to latics, and at the same time trying to keep the devil of utd and city away for a while. but I think I am fighting a losing battle, especially after the golden ticket shambles where my 9 year old lad stated after the Yeovil game, that we shouldn't go again because"oldham are always rubbish in the second half!" and he's only been going 18 months!

I am trying to find a decent point to argue with him but am strugling. I know we are still in the division(for now) and there are still 6 games to go, but begining to lose faith, and I agree with the pricipals put in place by Paul Dickov, but again seeing the same mistakes made week after week, and again the fact (injuries/suspensions excluding) same team lines up every week is starting to annoy, and making me feel what is the point. What is the point of coming out in the press criticising and still doing nothing about it? I thought Penney was found guilty of this and look what happened to him, and tell me, what is different with the product on offer.

Again I dont mean to cause a big who ha, maybe just need a pep talk from like minded individuals.

Cheers

Matt

1st time in a long time poster, but long time viewer of opinion.

For what it is worth, just watched footie league show and yet again, goal given away at far post, no marking and basic errors, how many times this season!

christ when i used to play (which is not that long ago) I would be torn a strip for marking like that, and I was someone at local league standard who payed full back to fill in when short.

I have been a regular for the last 30 years who was starting to introduce my lad to latics, and at the same time trying to keep the devil of utd and city away for a while. but I think I am fighting a losing battle, especially after the golden ticket shambles where my 9 year old lad stated after the Yeovil game, that we shouldn't go again because"oldham are always rubbish in the second half!" and he's only been going 18 months!

I am trying to find a decent point to argue with him but am strugling. I know we are still in the division(for now) and there are still 6 games to go, but begining to lose faith, and I agree with the pricipals put in place by Paul Dickov, but again seeing the same mistakes made week after week, and again the fact (injuries/suspensions excluding) same team lines up every week is starting to annoy, and making me feel what is the point. What is the point of coming out in the press criticising and still doing nothing about it? I thought Penney was found guilty of this and look what happened to him, and tell me, what is different with the product on offer.

Again I dont mean to cause a big who ha, maybe just need a pep talk from like minded individuals.

Cheers

Matt

In the final analysis it is the management team who will be blamed for the recent abysmal football that is being served up on a regular basis however it is the players out on the pitch who are continually failing to deliver.

And yet again it's the seeming inability to do the simplest things that is the root cause of the downward spiral. Yesterday was yet another example of players failing in the basic skills (passing, marking, shooting, tackling) that ultimately brought another defeat.

There were one or two moments of great passing play that opened up Charlton but as is always the case the final shot was poorly struck.

Too many players had poor games - Simpson, Kuqi, Diallo being the worst but Furman, Lee and Brown apart, the rest were not much better. Somewhere along the way too many of the team have lost sight of what is needed out on the pitch - whether that is down to the management or the individuals themselves is open to debate.

This season is now all about survival and ensuring that we do not get dragged into the battle to avoid the final relegation spot.

:huh: