Downtime Announcement

Apologies for the loss of service on OWTB since yesterday evening. As mentioned by rummytheowl a couple of days ago, following the sporadic error we had been experiencing for the past week or so, we have had to be transferred onto a new server by Invision. There were, apparently, some difficulties during this transfer and this is what caused us to go offline for such a long period.

We are, of course, up and running again but I'm afraid we might not be out of the woods yet as work on the site is still ongoing. We'll do our best to keep disruption to a minimum.

Bear with us!

Thanks,

The OWTB Admin Team.

With the benefit of hindsight,it has been one of the best things to have happened to the board. After this weekend's results it is good that people had a chance to think before posting.

Oh, and before I forget.

Have you tried switching it off and back on again? What's wrong with it? How long will it take to fix? Has it been hacked? Did I ask you how long it will take to fix? When will it be working?

Edited by beag_teeets

With the benefit of hindsight,it has been one of the best things to have happened to the board. After this weekend's results it is good that people had a chance to think before posting.

Shame Twitter didn't go down too!

#PHONENUMBER

Apologies for the loss of service on OWTB since yesterday evening. As mentioned by rummytheowl a couple of days ago, following the sporadic error we had been experiencing for the past week or so, we have had to be transferred onto a new server by Invision. There were, apparently, some difficulties during this transfer and this is what caused us to go offline for such a long period.

We are, of course, up and running again but I'm afraid we might not be out of the woods yet as work on the site is still ongoing. We'll do our best to keep disruption to a minimum.

Bear with us!

Thanks,

The OWTB Admin Team.

Thanks Steve,

Just to add, even though I've had a little rant about them over these recent issues, we're getting good support from IPB. They've always done their best for owtb.co.uk - and have given us over five years of stable platforms to work on.

Oh, and before I forget.

Have you tried switching it off and back on again? What's wrong with it? How long will it take to fix? Has it been hacked? Did I ask you how long it will take to fix? When will it be working?

I blame Gerry Taggart.

So that's what he does, rather than the visible effects of his close work with M'voto which have added a bit of a nasty streak to Bug Jean's game he is breaking servers at a 3rd party hosting company.

I think he has a better future at that than as a defender, going of his success with breaking the servers.... ^_^

If you click the symbol to the left of a thread (a dot or a star) it does that. But I know what you mean.

I really like this new style. The only thing missing for me is a "Mark all forums read" option on the "New content" results screen. Unless I'm missing something obvious.

If you click the symbol to the left of a thread (a dot or a star) it does that. But I know what you mean.

I really like this new style. The only thing missing for me is a "Mark all forums read" option on the "New content" results screen. Unless I'm missing something obvious.

Genius.