If your not renewing why are you not renewing season tickets

Are you renewing and if not why not  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Are you renewing your season ticket?

• yes
    • no
  2. 2. And if not why not?

• I am renewing
    • Work Commitments
    • Family reasons
    • I would renew but im skint
    • I would renew and can afford too, but the ticket price is too high
    • I wont renew until they redevelop the ground
    • I wont renew until the product on the field is much better
    • Ive become tired of watching latics
    • Those I go with have stopped going
    • I live too far away and cant justify the transport costs anymore
    • I wont renew until a change of manager
    • I wont renew until they change the owners
    • Im switching to pay on the day but will attend most games
    • Im switching to pay on the day but will attend limited games

Its easy to say you aint renewing, but there are so many different topics where people have given varied different reasons I think it needs clarification on just how bad the feling is around BP and the reasons why people are drifting away.

Some reasons are acceptable, Work, Family etc, but it will be worrying if the vast majority give other reasons, and send a clear message to the club.

admin feel free to add other options if ive missed anything

Edited by philliggi

I am renewing.

Reasons to not renew:

-I can't stand the constant bickering and whinging from our fans - the club / players / management can do no right. It makes me not want to go any more.

-I missed a few matches this season due to various reasons, and Golden Tickets mean I don't save a great deal by getting a season ticket (although I am not demanding compensation, and am glad the club tried something new).

-Having a season ticket is quite tying.

Reasons to renew:

-I actually enjoy the match most of the time (or at least can find positives)

-I can afford it, so I'll get one while I can

-Going to Latics is what I do

-If I don't get a season ticket, I'll stop going.

-If I stop going, by the time I start to miss it, there will be no club.

-Someone has to balance out the negativity from the misery exuded by many 'fans'.

-So I don't have to bitch and whinge on here next season when I can't get a ticket for a big cup tie

-Because I want to club to feel rewarded by existing fans, not punished, for trying a new strategy to get the fans back

-I wouldn't forgive myself if my club folded and I hadn't pledged my money to them for the season

-My 2 nephews, aged 8 and 14, have asked if they can come with us next season because their dad can't be arsed taking them

EDIT: Should point out next season is the first season the 14 yr old has shown any interest for about 6 years, and the first time ever the 8 yr old has shown any at all.

NO CONTEST

Edited by maddog

Not sure if I will renew mine. Going to miss most of September through being abroad.

Probably not going to bother with a car next year as paying for Petrol along with the rest of it just doesn't seem worth it.

Train fares have rocketed.

Tuesday games are a real pain for me to get to BP.

Probably still go to all the Saturday games I can. Doesn't seem worth getting a season ticket with the above.

Its easy to say you aint renewing, but there are so many different topics where people have given varied different reasons I think it needs clarification on just how bad the feling is around BP and the reasons why people are drifting away.

Some reasons are acceptable, Work, Family etc, but it will be worrying if the vast majority give other reasons, and send a clear message to the club.

admin feel free to add other options if ive missed anything

I'm pretty much there on deciding to renew my ST - but just out of interest; in terms of the bold bit - acceptable to who exactly?

It's an individual decision and whatever the reason is; it will be acceptable to the most important person; the person who made it.

I am renewing because Latics are my team and always will be and although I have been a bit pissed off with things over the last few years (the ground redevelopments not going through / failsworth / 3 sided stadium / golden ticket not working / Dave f*****g Penney) it would not be the same!

Keep The Faith.......... we have had a fair few :censored: years but it has to come good at some stage!

Edited by lancy lad

I voted not renewing due to work commitments*

This season, due to work i've missed about 6 home games, there's potential to miss more next season!

If i pay on the day i fear i'll pick and choose, and not go to all the ones where im not working.

* i'll probably get cold feet the night before the deadline and renew!

I'm holding back until I know what division we are in. before anybody starts calling me a 'glory hunter' or getting on my back saying you should support your team regardless hear me out.

I think that whilst our league 1 status not 100% certain I feel the club have jumped the gun a little in announcing the prices for next season. I have had a ST since 2002 after I had left school , got a proper job and could therefore afford to buy one.

Also I will admit that I felt a little aggrieved not so much by the reason for the Willy Wonka scheme but more how the club have handled it. Yes we do need more fans but the majority of people I know who took up this offer are people who attend most weeks and would have been going anyway. Then you have the compensation thing, yes I know it has been done to death on here already but if the club never intended on doing anything then why say they were going to look at compo. I personally got my ST early so it works out I am still in pocket (just) but I do sympathise with anybody who bought a ST after the discount date because they have been well and truely shafted by golden ticket.

anyhow on to my point, if the worst does happen and we do go down can anybody seriously see how the club could jusify charging £20 quid a game for league 2 football? no me neither which then leaves them with a big decision to make, do they stick with charging League1 prices for leage2 football or do they reduce match day admission thus making it pointless having paid £330 for a ST?????

Not Renewing.. voted that ST prices are too high amd will attend 'limited' games - just can't justify paying £183 for a ST when i may work every Saturday OR i may work no Saturdays - it's hard to judge. The Jump from £50-£183 is drastic aswell.

Hey Ho, i'll be at some games.. but won't have to freeze my bollocks off at say Swindon at home on a Tuesday night in December!

i will be missing the whole of December, while in Australia, but I dont see that a reason not to get a season ticket. I will be lending my book to a friend who I hope will get the bug, and get a half season one when i get back. heres hoping

If I had one and I lived within striking distance of Oldham, I'd renew.

Lancs do membership deals for those living x distance from Old Trafford. Any chance of a similar initiative?. I'd love to pay my football money to OAFC - so would loads of exiles - but as it stands nearly all of it goes to oppo clubs in the London area.

Edited by 24hoursfromtulsehill

I'm holding back until I know what division we are in. before anybody starts calling me a 'glory hunter' or getting on my back saying you should support your team regardless hear me out.

I think that whilst our league 1 status not 100% certain I feel the club have jumped the gun a little in announcing the prices for next season. I have had a ST since 2002 after I had left school , got a proper job and could therefore afford to buy one.

Also I will admit that I felt a little aggrieved not so much by the reason for the Willy Wonka scheme but more how the club have handled it. Yes we do need more fans but the majority of people I know who took up this offer are people who attend most weeks and would have been going anyway. Then you have the compensation thing, yes I know it has been done to death on here already but if the club never intended on doing anything then why say they were going to look at compo. I personally got my ST early so it works out I am still in pocket (just) but I do sympathise with anybody who bought a ST after the discount date because they have been well and truely shafted by golden ticket.

anyhow on to my point, if the worst does happen and we do go down can anybody seriously see how the club could jusify charging £20 quid a game for league 2 football? no me neither which then leaves them with a big decision to make, do they stick with charging League1 prices for leage2 football or do they reduce match day admission thus making it pointless having paid £330 for a ST?????

The average price to watch Football in League 2 is around £18 I believe

I've said it many times but renewing for me personally comes down to:

1) if I could afford it- hit and miss at the moment

2) if work commitments allow- not working so a non issue

3) if there is a club

So not voted as I don't know yet, I think I'll end up buying one.

Don't think I'm renewing.

Put will attend limited games.

Only because I'm going to university though and won't be able to make most games. May still renew, but not sure.

Will go to all the home games possible for when I'm at home. Will also make some away games that aren't to far away from Uni.

This season was the first for me without a ST for a long, long time. I haven't regretted it, and won't be renewing next year.

I've probably payed on the day for about 60-70% of the home games and a handful of aways, but the buzz just isn't there anymore. I used to wake up on a Saturday really looking forwards to the game, but it got to the point where I was dreading it, because I knew exactly what was going to happen, and I'd end up in a foul mood for the rest of the day if not the weekend. It just isn't worth it anymore.

It's not the money, although things are pretty tight at the moment, I just can't justify paying to be consistently miserable......

This season was the first for me without a ST for a long, long time. I haven't regretted it, and won't be renewing next year.

I've probably payed on the day for about 60-70% of the home games and a handful of aways, but the buzz just isn't there anymore. I used to wake up on a Saturday really looking forwards to the game, but it got to the point where I was dreading it, because I knew exactly what was going to happen, and I'd end up in a foul mood for the rest of the day if not the weekend. It just isn't worth it anymore.

It's not the money, although things are pretty tight at the moment, I just can't justify paying to be consistently miserable......

Word for word that is pretty much where I'm at...

Renewing.

Reason - I still want to. As soon as I don't, I wont.

Pretty much where I'm at I do it because I like doing it. I usually get to this stage of the season and start to wind it down and look forward to some time away from Latics but by August I will be raring to go. My expectations are that the club is going precisely nowhere quickly in its current guise but their is always hope and that hope keeps me going.

I started supporting us in 1990 and jumped on that bandwagon and enjoyed the ride. Before that their were plenty of bleak times where people stuck through Latics because it was what they did. If it hadn't had been for those who stuck with us pre 1990 then I wouldn't have enjoyed so many highs and its fair to say abject dissapointments of supporting this club thank you to you all. Hopefully we will be remembering those who stuck at it through this period of the clubs history when better days return.

I've not decided for definite but I'm probably not renewing and will attend limited games.

I find it difficult to justify an ST as I usually miss around 5 games and on top of potential offers like the Golden Ticket its just not good value for money.

I'm pretty much there on deciding to renew my ST - but just out of interest; in terms of the bold bit - acceptable to who exactly?

It's an individual decision and whatever the reason is; it will be acceptable to the most important person; the person who made it.

Yeah thats maybe just me with a poor choice of words.

basically i mean family work and finances can Force you not to go, whereas giving almost any other reason is a consious choice for you not to go. so the poll is about those who arnt getting a ticket, is it out of choice or do they have no option

I would renew but I'm Skint. Lost my job just after I'd bought this season's season ticket and haven't found a job since. The club should offer people like me who have been going since I was old enough, a deal but I won't hold my breath. The club could get something out of my or they can get nothing and lose yet another fan. Option 2 is more likely, shame really. Either way they won't be getting £300 from me!

I would renew but I'm Skint. Lost my job just after I'd bought this season's season ticket and haven't found a job since. The club should offer people like me who have been going since I was old enough, a deal but I won't hold my breath. The club could get something out of my or they can get nothing and lose yet another fan. Option 2 is more likely, shame really. Either way they won't be getting £300 from me!

Was looking at the ticket prices stuff for our game against Bury before, and noticed they offer tickets for those who are unemployed and can prove it. We shouldn definitely look at offering something like this, provided they can provide proof of unemployment.

I will go but only to selected matches and will probably miss the Tuesday night matches in the winter months ,

as well as the orinets and Brentford's of this divison.

When PD first took over the entertainment value was brill and i thought things were on the up, on reflection whether this was the after reaction to the Penny misery months we endured i don't know.

This season he appears to have gone backwards and certainly since Xmas there has been little to call "entertainment value"

I wont even start on the ground , only to say that i was a S/T holder in the old Lookers stand and transfered to the Main stand. A cow shed is better than this and it is a complete shambles of a stand.

Why should anybody pay hard earned money to sit in a shed and be bored to tears for 90 mins.

On top of all this the reality is also what the future holds , afraid each season now will be a fight with a poor budget and trying to avoid the drop each year. I know people will argue that if we don't buy S/T's then it wil make the situation worse but fact is i am now at the stage where i don't think i care anymore.

Would missing the Latics really hurt ???

Not the way things have been in the last few years .

1. well after being a S/T holders for over 40 years i will NOT be renewing next season.

Afraid too many drab , no entertainment value matches in a 3 sided hole have finally taken there toll.

I sympathise with your situation, I really do, but the club's not a charity. The only way it could offer a scheme like this would be if it was subsidised (at least indirectly) by the paying fans.

At the end of the day, football is entertainment and when times are tough, you cut your cloth accordingly. Would you expect discounted meals out/cinema tickets/gig tickets because you're unemployed?

Edited by bossrocks