If your not renewing why are you not renewing season tickets

Are you renewing and if not why not  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Are you renewing your season ticket?

• yes
    • no
  2. 2. And if not why not?

• I am renewing
    • Work Commitments
    • Family reasons
    • I would renew but im skint
    • I would renew and can afford too, but the ticket price is too high
    • I wont renew until they redevelop the ground
    • I wont renew until the product on the field is much better
    • Ive become tired of watching latics
    • Those I go with have stopped going
    • I live too far away and cant justify the transport costs anymore
    • I wont renew until a change of manager
    • I wont renew until they change the owners
    • Im switching to pay on the day but will attend most games
    • Im switching to pay on the day but will attend limited games

I sympathise with your situation, I really do, but the club's not a charity. The only way it could offer a scheme like this would be if it was subsidised (at least indirectly) by the paying fans.

At the end of the day, football is entertainment and when times are tough, you cut your cloth accordingly. Would you expect discounted meals out/cinema tickets/gig tickets because you're unemployed?

No but I'm not loyal to any of that like I am to Latics. Just as a side point, bury have a £10 ticket for the unemployed when we play them last away game so clubs do do it! Like I said, if they offered a cut price season ticket I could probably stretch to get one then at least they would get some money out of me. They should look at it as would they rather have some money from me or nothing at all?

I can understand the lack of season ticket for the unemployed. You could be employed for the full season, having got a job the day after purchase.

I do think something on an individual match basis would be reasonable though.

I suppose it comes down to proof and administration costs and the cost of people cheating the system.

No but I'm not loyal to any of that like I am to Latics. Just as a side point, bury have a £10 ticket for the unemployed when we play them last away game so clubs do do it! Like I said, if they offered a cut price season ticket I could probably stretch to get one then at least they would get some money out of me. They should look at it as would they rather have some money from me or nothing at all?

Do you think that's fair to employed fans who are having a tough time of it financially? Do you think that's fair to employed fans generally?

Presumably you have a figure in mind you'd be willing and able to spend on an ST. If the club don't (and it looks like they won't) come up with any discount, are you not attending at all? Would you not use the same money to attend fewer games as a pay on the day supporter? If not, that sounds a bit like you're spitting your dummy out because the club won't let you in cheap.

Edited by bossrocks

Personally i find that arguement ludicrous. Im single with a mortgage to pay and had 2 jobs up until recently because one just wasnt giving me the money for a life. without the scond job there is no way i would have afforded a season ticket, so i worked 50+ hours every week to give me time at the football, nights out, cinema etc.

asking for a discount because your unemployed is in my opinion scrounging, and im sorry but there is nothing i hate more than scroungers!!

Personally i find that arguement ludicrous.

I agree. If you can afford to be frivolous whilst in unemployment, you can afford to pay full price.

I'm fairly certain there are more important things money should be used for in the unfortunate event of unemployment.

I can perhaps understand a few cases where it's worth offerering subsidised tickets....

So can I, but to implement such a complicated structure to allow those who would qualify wouldn't be worth investing the time nor the effort, for such a small return.

But dan that buzz could easily come back! One fact will remain despite your absence. You possess the loudest ziga zaga known to man.

I hope so, bruv. And it may well do in time. But I'll probably never get back to the heights of butterflies on a Saturday morning, I guess I'm just that much older with wife, kids, mortgage etc.

The last game/match day experience I truly enjoyed was Notts County away last year. That was how it used to be. But I can't remember the last home game I enthused about.

As for the zigga zaggas, I just practise at home with the kids!! I'll clear my throat for Shakers away though......

Interesting article: 'Cost of following football ‘rising at a rate 3.5 times above inflation’ | http://www.thesportr...osts-inflation/

Related to this- football attendance is part of the package used to calculate RPI (retail price index) and possibly the CPI (consumer price index), so if your income is linked to those then football prices going up doesn't affect you as much. Other things used to calculate the cost of attending a football game (like travel expenses) are also linked

looking at this poll, its quite worrying if only 50% of all season ticket holders renew. there will only be kids there next year and ten pound tickets certainly aint going to boost the coffers

Think of all the sweets the little bastards will buy though

looking at this poll, its quite worrying if only 50% of all season ticket holders renew. there will only be kids there next year and ten pound tickets certainly aint going to boost the coffers

But only 97 fans have voted in this poll.

Peanuts has helped me realise just why I go, I wasn't going to renew but I think I will now - its football at the end of the day, not all that important bit it's something my owd fella has passed on to me and one that i'm trying to pass onto my two. So that's another three renewing…in the grander scheme of things you pay to watch a football match. Good performances and goals are a bonus.

Peanuts has helped me realise just why I go, I wasn't going to renew but I think I will now - its football at the end of the day, not all that important bit it's something my owd fella has passed on to me and one that i'm trying to pass onto my two. So that's another three renewing…in the grander scheme of things you pay to watch a football match. Good performances and goals are a bonus.

This is what gets me about all the armchair tacticians that come on here with their willy waving about how we are doomed one week, tactically naive, lost the dressing room, not a full back as long as there's a hole in my arse nonsense. At the start of the season (and for the last 15 or so) we have been in the 3rd division which is :censored:. Unless you are in the top 2 of this league it is still :censored:, as long as we are not in the bottom 4 nothing else matters as long as the direction of travel is forwards.

With fans stopping putting money into the club we can't move forwards, the 1 amigo has shown that he will put money in where possible but this is not being matched by the people who are supposed to have an interest in the club. It is a vicious circle that is in danger of disappearing up its own navel.