£5 million

keep hearing folk, well not hear but post on various sites about £5million that Latics got from OMBC this season...??

have I missed something here?

:detectivegm0:

TTA bought the Lancaster Club.

The council agreed a price to buy it from TTA.

As far as I can see neither transaction directly involves Latics' finances. Other than an £800k grant towards building a new stand.

I think that was the reported amount the council paid TTA (not the club) for the land at the lancaster club?

TTA bought the Lancaster Club.

The council agreed a price to buy it from TTA.

As far as I can see neither transaction directly involves Latics' finances. Other than an £800k grant towards building a new stand.

I think it important to note that it was lieu of the Lancaster site fiasco, and that they bascially returned a lot of the TTA money that they had intially spent, I don't think that the TTA particularly profited from the £5m either, it had already been spent. I am sure some people think they made £5m (not saying any of you do)

Edited by singe

Would you bother spending £5m on a stand for a club where people are falling over themselves to let everyone else know that they aren't renewing their season ticket as a pigeon looked at them funny once whilst eating an old ham sandwich?

Besides, we couldn't even fill one of our stands, why do we need 4?

Yes the money may have gone back to TTA but they (or at least SC) are our benefactors, so saying that it won't affect Latics finances is not really the case.

In regards to the stand, I believe they want partners to invest in the new development as they did all along (which makes good business sense for the club). Apparently we did have partners for Failsworth, but they pulled out after the Charity Commission shambles. God knows whether they are actively searching for new investment but the economy isn't in too good a shape, banks aren't lending and the club/council has a poor success rate when it comes to building/redeveloping stadiums.

In regards to them paying £5m without any further external investment, why should they really?

Edited by jimsleftfoot

I'm sure to build something that would benefit the club we'd be looking to spend £8m at least

I'd guess Chesterfield's main stand (3,000ish capacity?), with various office facilities, hospitality, changing room, ticketing etc cost around £4m.

£800k from the council. £750k from the Football Foundation. £2.45m from somewhere else.

I know the original proposal for the Broadway side of the ground was bigger than Chesterfield's stand. But do we need a 6,000 seater?

Would you bother spending £5m on a stand for a club where people are falling over themselves to let everyone else know that they aren't renewing their season ticket as a pigeon looked at them funny once whilst eating an old ham sandwich?

I hate that pigeon

we only need 2 stands the other 2 sides can be filled with strippers

With regards to the money TTA spent on Failsworth was £3m for the land plus additional planning expenditure. The deal stuck between Simon Corney and OMBC was that the council will develop the land at the Lancaster Club and from the proceeds of that pay them £5m (Plus a £700k grant for community work) for the land. There are stipulations that this money (which hasn't been received yet) will be spent on improving BP facilities and securing the future of Latics at the stadium. In August Simon Corney said he had agreed a 40 year lease with Blitz/Gazal for Latics to still play at BP. I understand this has not yet been signed.

With regards to the money TTA spent on Failsworth was £3m for the land plus additional planning expenditure. The deal stuck between Simon Corney and OMBC was that the council will develop the land at the Lancaster Club and from the proceeds of that pay them £5m (Plus a £700k grant for community work) for the land. There are stipulations that this money (which hasn't been received yet) will be spent on improving BP facilities and securing the future of Latics at the stadium. In August Simon Corney said he had agreed a 40 year lease with Blitz/Gazal for Latics to still play at BP. I understand this has not yet been signed.

If this was agreed in August, what's the delay?

The more and longer nobody hear's any good news or the slightest movement on development then the deeper in dwindling crowds will cut. Too many promises 'u' turned, too many false dawns and hopes dashed have already wreaked havoc in our hard core fan base. This allied with stagnation in division three is driving this club into a position that without mega cash injections we are going to struggle to avoid.

The fans are crying out for some good news and so are the ST sales!!

Come on T, you know as well as I do that knocking down the Lookers has knocked a fair old wedge off the crowd, and effectively killed home matches as a 'social event'. The Lookers was more or less always full, and the bar was always packed pre and post match, and for me that's what has gone from the 'matchday experience'. The social element was one of the key things which kept people going particularly when performances were well below par.

I was speaking to a regular 'floater' on Monday this week, who said that he had thought about attending a few times this season but had ultimately beenput off cos the facilities were so bad.

I know that it's performances which will ultimatley increase crowds, but when people aren't willing to come and spend their cash in a cold, ramshackle 3 sided dinosaur of a stadium, how do we afford to put the quality back on the pitch?

It's not a new stand we need, though, has TTA have often said during this whole process there needs to be a 24/7 earning potential. Also there is a good chance that the new stand will house the changing rooms and offices as it did in the old plans, I would think the next stand to be redeveloped would be the Main Stand as that is in awful nick.

If this was agreed in August, what's the delay?

The more and longer nobody hear's any good news or the slightest movement on development then the deeper in dwindling crowds will cut. Too many promises 'u' turned, too many false dawns and hopes dashed have already wreaked havoc in our hard core fan base. This allied with stagnation in division three is driving this club into a position that without mega cash injections we are going to struggle to avoid.

The fans are crying out for some good news and so are the ST sales!!

Could be a plan. Wait until the deadline for ST sales for the reduced price stuff ends.

Then announce everything about new stadium. And people buy full whack ST's.

Being serious though, the club said when there is something to announce, it'll be announced. Previously when stuff has been announced early about POTENTIAL deals etc, people have got all excited and then it's collasped. This way the club is avoiding that disappointment again by keeping quiet until there is something to announce which is signed, legally binding etc.

However, if no news announced about it by christmas at the very latest, then get concerned. For now, let them carry on with all the talks and not waste time telling fans that there meeting the council or some potential investors because people will think it's all done when it isn't.

It's not a new stand we need, though, has TTA have often said during this whole process there needs to be a 24/7 earning potential. Also there is a good chance that the new stand will house the changing rooms and offices as it did in the old plans, I would think the next stand to be redeveloped would be the Main Stand as that is in awful nick.

I'd argue that the loss of the Lookers and the lack of a replacement have had a negative impact on the club in ways the average punter wouldn;t even think about. As an example, the Boundary Blues lounge used to be housed in the Lookers and was always full on matchdays. There was a tuck shop, board games, playstations etc all for the kids to use, and it was hugely popular. The membership of BB has steadily declined since the loss of the lounge as there is no 'extra' experience for the kids. Those 7-16 year olds who used to meet up every fortnight and drink fizzy pop and eat sweets together were the same groups of lads who would likely then start going in tha bar together before a game when they got old enough. It kept them 'in the habit'.

The club were good enough to let BB have the tuck shop in the CRE which has proved since very popular, and they have tried to make the best of the situation, but for me, the club scored a massive OG on so many levels then the flattened the Broadway Stand.

Why would it be signed? When they can do what they want with BP from January 2014….and from what I understand the Lancaster Club deal has NOT been signed yet. So The Three Landlords now own TWO pieces of prime real estate with outline planning permission….on top of detailed planning permission for a section of BP for housing and a stand on the Broadway stand.

Of course if you've got £8 Million you can have OAFC and the remaining land, but then you'd be a mug as it is grossly overpriced….

Edited by oafcprozac

Out of interest, where as this £8m valuation of Latics come from?

Is it a price tag waving from the main stand, rumour mill, educated guess based on snippets of official statements, inside info?

From someone who was sat round the table last August, from my usual source(s) who know the interested party. No reason to disbelieve he's been 99.9% spot on previously.

Edited by oafcprozac