£5 million

From someone who was sat round the table last August, from my usual source(s) who know the interested party. No reason to disbelieve he's been 99.9% spot on previously.

Ta.

So Blitz is saying "give me my £6m back and an extra £2m and then spend £7m on a sexy new stand and see if you can turn our £500k-£750k annual losses in to a profit that gets you your money back.

Even with sustainable development of the club it would take decades to have any hope of gaining on that basis.

Even without the debt, the football club is worth less than the loose change in my pocket.

Ta.

So Blitz is saying "give me my £6m back and an extra £2m and then spend £7m on a sexy new stand and see if you can turn our £500k-£750k annual losses in to a profit that gets you your money back.

Even with sustainable development of the club it would take decades to have any hope of gaining on that basis.

Even without the debt, the football club is worth less than the loose change in my pocket.

I believe the club itself can be bought for a token amount, but who the hell will buy a club, that in all truth could be homeless in 18 months time? The land was originally overpriced when TTA purchased it right in the middle of the land boom of the early noughties. The arse fell out of the market during 2007, but they still somehow want a similar amount to what they paid. They'd be lucky to get £5m in all reality, and that's erring on the generous side according to ex-colleagues of mine. If the lease was signed (and adhered to) then we may see people reignite their interest. However, it's the same old story with TTA, a hurdle is cleared and they put another obstacle in the way.

Edited by oafcprozac