• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In fairness though, I hate sitting down at the football. And it kills any atmosphere.

We English football supporters too readily accept any :censored: that's thrown at us. Ridiculous ticket prices, being ordered to sit down, etc. It's no wonder British football atmospheres are so crap.

it does make the atmosphere :censored: if people sit down, since they knocked the Broadway stand down we've got different types of fans scattered around. Beforehand if you wanted to back the team you sat in that section of the Chaddy or in the Broadway Paddock towards the RRE and no one ever hassled you because an entire block would stand up meaning those who wanted to sit stayed away

it does make the atmosphere :censored: if people sit down, since they knocked the Broadway stand down we've got different types of fans scattered around. Beforehand if you wanted to back the team you sat in that section of the Chaddy or in the Broadway Paddock towards the RRE and no one ever hassled you because an entire block would stand up meaning those who wanted to sit stayed away

Disagree there, I sat above that section in the much missed Lookers and there were nearly as many stewards as there were fans. A big bunch of lads relocated from the singing section of the Chaddy to that area and were the most stewarded section of fans I've ever seen. "Pizzahead" and that grumpy chief steward were on top of them every minute of every game. These were lads that followed the club the length and breadth of the country, home games were made a misery for them and many of them have drifted away.

We've 2 or 3 at work we don't use now - i'll sell you one for £34.99 plus P&P - though it will have the anti-cat filter so you might not want it?

Got outbid atthe last minute. Thank Gaaaaaaaawd.

Went for £43 if you wanted to sell yours.

Had a 300m range and a button for Morse code.

Turns out I also bid for a wheelchair.

Our stewards are not that bad then to some grounds i have been to in the past. Especially Hartlepool who chuck you out if you stand up for a while. you have to abide by the rule at all football grounds if you are in an all seater stadium

If you're not happy about the way stewards 'steward', volunteer and make a difference!!

Or maybe that would change your perceptions a tad.........

Wouldn't want to be a steward, if I ever was though I wouldn't talk to fans the way I've been spoken to by the power mad knobs.

There are ways of stewarding without treating someone like a mug just because you can.

I've been going to Latics home and away since 1989 and NOT ONCE have i been even spoken to by a steward, at BP or otherwise, let alone threatened with ejection or ordered to sit down, move, shut up etc etc. I like to drink. A lot. I like to curse. I like to sing. I get frustrated when we play badly, which is often.

Perhaps if you don't continuously overstep the mark and behave like a knob the horrible nasty stewards will stop being mean to you!

Edited by Break The Silence

I've been going to Latics home and away since 1989 and NOT ONCE have i been even spoken to by a steward, at BP or otherwise, let alone threatened with ejection or ordered to sit down, move, shut up etc etc. I like to drink. A lot. I like to curse. I like to sing. I get frustrated when we play badly, which is often.

Perhaps if you don't continuously overstep the mark and behave like a knob the horrible nasty stewards will stop being mean to you!

I personally don't act like a knob. As I said last week I was stood at the top blocking noones view for less than a minute waiting for the whistle, hardly think that warrants being told to "move away from me"

Got outbid atthe last minute. Thank Gaaaaaaaawd.

Went for £43 if you wanted to sell yours.

Had a 300m range and a button for Morse code.

Turns out I also bid for a wheelchair.

I went up to 30 odd quid for a 80's Les Dennis worn pink suit, from his heyday with Dustin Gee.. It still cuts me deep I missed out