As a Latics fan...Who are you supporting in the derby?

Manchester Derby  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Who d'ya want to win?

i want united to win, purely because i'll be watching the game with a city fan..

but it's win-win as a neutral - city win and anything could happen in the last two games, united win and city are humiliated and have won nothing despite being such a good team, and a draw still leaves a good end to the season.

ultimately want united to win the title, because they'll win it as a team. city have the better players but it's all individuals and theyre arrogant (swansea away expecting to win)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

'Hate' and 'Scum' aren't realistic portraitures are they? I can imagine why it 'matters' to those who think they are.

It seems to many others and me it's very realistic. Once again not to you though.

Manchester City are an abhorrent football club. Rotten from top to bottom; bent board members in the FA, rent-a-quote twats (Vieira) talking utter :censored: week-in, week-out, their fans with this false sense of entitlement when they've won the league fewer times than Huddersfield Town. For :censored: sake. They're an utter joke, the ground isn't full when they're top of the league and it was half-empty when they were down in this league. Which is where they belong. When the oil cretins get bored of the horrible fans, piss-poor support and general lack of interest in the club and the all-around losing mentality within the club, take their money back home and leave Citeh to go out of business I will probably die laughing.

The embodiment of every single thing wrong with modern football, encapsulated within one subsidised, half-empty council house wasteland in a part of Manchester you wouldn't set on fire, as it would be a waste of petrol.

Reasons to support city.

1. Ive had 12 accumulators (all permed) at the start of the season on the 4 league winners. All have city on them.

2. United fans are generally cocky, horrible - shove it in your face plebs. They believe the whole world is obsessed with them. City fans are generally just idiots. I can put up with idiots.

3. Most of my mates are city fans

4. Alex Ferguson

5. Gary Neville

6. Terry Christian

7. If United do blow it, it will be the biggest collapse in the Premier League era. 8 points up with 6 to play. No matter who thats to, I always enjoy a good collapse.

8. BetFred have already paid out on United.

9. Im sick of the same sides winning things. I was gutted Everton and Spurs didnt get to the cup final for the same reason.

10. All the above

Reasons to support united:

NONE.

It seems to many others and me it's very realistic. Once again not to you though.

No, that's right - not to me. I couldn't give a toss about either of them, which from an Oldham fans' perspective, seems a more realistic stance.

i want united to win, purely because i'll be watching the game with a city fan..

but it's win-win as a neutral - city win and anything could happen in the last two games, united win and city are humiliated and have won nothing despite being such a good team, and a draw still leaves a good end to the season.

ultimately want united to win the title, because they'll win it as a team. city have the better players but it's all individuals and theyre arrogant (swansea away expecting to win)

A city fan who was a United fan until 3 years ago by any chance? haha!

The Mrs is a city season ticket holder

My stepdad's a city season ticket holder..

Out of my mates who are city fans around 60% go to games

Out of my mates who are united fans i only know of one who goes (no joke) and i also know of two "united fans" who try to pass off going to the soccer aid matches in united shirts as "yeah we've been to old trafford a few times over the last couple of years" (again no joke)

I voted city...

1) because i'll be on a promise...

2) my stepdad will be in a good mood and probably buy me somethin

3) i hate united 'fans'

I want United to lose. I don't want City to win, I just want United to lose.

I can't stand either of them, but United are the bigger of two evils. Majority of their "fans" are a disgrace as they actually have no interest in United, they just want other teams to fail so they can take the piss. They call City fans bitter and obsessed with United, but they are far more bitter and obsessed with City (and Liverpool. And Arsenal. And Chelsea etc...) I am convinced they take more pleasure in others failing, than themselves succeeding. Which is bizarre, because if I supported a club who were that successful, I wouldn't care less about any other club.

And thats only one of the reasons. I think Pukka got it spot on with his post.

I once overheard Lags on a Boundary Blues coach chastising someone or saying something mildly complimentary about United.

To be fair to him it was an epic rant which, in parts, was quite beautiful. Having heard it I can't imagine that he would want to call them anything else but 'scum' and the moderators of this forum should be grateful that he's so being measured. ;)

Manchester City are an abhorrent football club. Rotten from top to bottom; bent board members in the FA, rent-a-quote twats (Vieira) talking utter :censored: week-in, week-out, their fans with this false sense of entitlement when they've won the league fewer times than Huddersfield Town. For :censored: sake. They're an utter joke, the ground isn't full when they're top of the league and it was half-empty when they were down in this league. Which is where they belong. When the oil cretins get bored of the horrible fans, piss-poor support and general lack of interest in the club and the all-around losing mentality within the club, take their money back home and leave Citeh to go out of business I will probably die laughing.

The embodiment of every single thing wrong with modern football, encapsulated within one subsidised, half-empty council house wasteland in a part of Manchester you wouldn't set on fire, as it would be a waste of petrol.

What he said...

Mike Summerbee, Dennis Tueart *shudder*

Edited by dazlatic

I'll be watching in the pub purely because some guys from work have suggested it. I will be hoping that they both lose, and that Mario does something to add his his litany of Cityesque classics. Then both of their grounds fall down.

I'll be watching in the pub purely because some guys from work have suggested it. I will be hoping that they both lose, and that Mario does something to add his his litany of Cityesque classics. Then both of their grounds fall down.

will you get many City fans in your neck of the woods?

Andre Marriner on the pitch.

GMP off it.

Gun to my head if I have to pick one, it's Citeh. A few years ago I quite liked City but they then got a corrupt Thai bloke with dodgy human rights in and then sold it to some Arabs who are using the club as an advert for their backwards oil rich state.

I agree with the posters about United buying success too. They've spent as much money as others they deride for the same thing.