New Simon Corney Interview on LP

What are people's thoughts on the half pay basic half pay bonus (or full pay basic double pay bonus depending on your outlook)?

I think it could work but you would have to be very bold! I do like the idea though. Apart from getting players to agree the other issue would be players going gung ho for a win when we're on the verge of a precious point on the promise of a massive bonus...

Simply splitting the figure in half wouldn't work. You'd only attract players if winning equated to higher earnings than the standard package. Otherwise, players would just go elsewhere knowing that the money was guaranteed every week.

It was live in Ireland on Setanta, i've got it on DVD, not sure why we wouldn't get any money. Our players and club crest are our intellectual property. Doesn't surprise me though, given that Sentanta are a bunch of Irish Pikey Cowboys…..

Unless its covered in a contract from the FA, we would have been within our rights to ask for some dosh. It would have been better to get a contract signed prior to the match though. We could potentially take them to court still, but whether we would want to do that is another thing. You don't ask you don't get though.

Again, credit to SC for giving fans the information. I'm sure someone will be along to barrack him in due course.

I've never been his biggest fan, however he is very similar to Karl Oyston. He seems to work in the same way too. Makes you appreciate how well this club is run.