Roberto Di Matteo

Is that Champions League winning manager Roberto Di Matteo?

:grin:

Funnily enough I typed it just before they scored, so he obviosuly read what I put

They were still boring till I wrote it too!!

Mymind games worked.

:grin: :grin:

Beating th Germans on pens is good no matter which english team does it!

Edited by singe

I think I wanted Bayern to win.

But quite liked it when Chelsea equalised.

I thought the Robben penalty miss was funny.

I thought the shootout itself was good.

Overall, I don't think I really gave a toss though.

When Liverpool, Forest and Villa were in European finals I wanted them all to win. Passionately.

Are you Dave Penney, in disguise...

Very much the Italian approach, bloody effective and gave Munich occasional worries. Munich like in '99 blew it big-time missed chance after chance and Gomez well wasn't he a pile of :censored:e? Like '99 they subbed players too early (Muller) arrogant Krauts thought they had won it. Thought they'd win the shoot out but fair play to Cech who upstaged the excellent Neur.

As for John Terry, full kit and even shin-pads…..really? Classless tosser.

Chuffed to see any English club win the CL, even Chelsea! I've been Lampard's biggest critic but he was arguably MOTM last night, superb in that deep lying role then breaking. I hope he can have an Indian Summer for England in the coming weeks. I bet his Uncle 'Arry has deleted his number….

Di Matteo, well he won't get the job but not a bad thing to have on your CV and if he doesn't get it, there may be one or two clubs in his homeland that will be sniffing around…..

how the hell can he not get the job after all the :censored:e they have had since mourinho left? he has done in 4 months what they have wanted for 10 years!! if i was a chelsea fan i wouldnt even swap him for Pep!

You have to ask is he the best man for the job? Amazing success, but the problem at Chelsea remains - squad too old!

I'd give him the chance, but with seven squabillion pounds, is it the right route to take? Would Mourinho be better? Would Lambert? Mazzarri? Coppello?

Very much the Italian approach, bloody effective and gave Munich occasional worries. Munich like in '99 blew it big-time missed chance after chance and Gomez well wasn't he a pile of :censored:e? Like '99 they subbed players too early (Muller) arrogant Krauts thought they had won it. Thought they'd win the shoot out but fair play to Cech who upstaged the excellent Neur.

As for John Terry, full kit and even shin-pads…..really? Classless tosser.

Chuffed to see any English club win the CL, even Chelsea! I've been Lampard's biggest critic but he was arguably MOTM last night, superb in that deep lying role then breaking. I hope he can have an Indian Summer for England in the coming weeks. I bet his Uncle 'Arry has deleted his number….

Di Matteo, well he won't get the job but not a bad thing to have on your CV and if he doesn't get it, there may be one or two clubs in his homeland that will be sniffing around…..

The bit in bold - I thought that exact thing about Mikel. He was fantastic last night.

Funny, I thought Ashley Cole was MOTM by a long way! Lampard and Mikel did well too.

I agree, Cole was MotM. Generally speaking I don't know how Mikel makes into the Chelsea side but he was one of their best performers last night.

The way the penalty shoot out went was great entertainment. The keeper a big unit but predictable, crash the bar a couple of times to try and distract. The way Luiz hit it was stunning, Lampard very cool, but Cole had the real pressure kick. Score and game on miss and give Bastian a shot to win it. Crisply taken and then suddenly its 3-3 and all the pressure back on the sour kraut. pressure, pressure post and oh no. Drogba finishing as the hero but might not have even had that pen if Cole had missed.

Interesting Torres clearly wasnt keen was he. Feel for Spurs that must hurt, hadnt twigged a team from London not won it before obvious when you think about it.

Could Abramovich now think mission accomplished I am offski?

Don't think Torres ever takes pens, does he?