Football League to discuss return to 7 substitutes

7 subs or 5?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you prefer

7 for footy manager definitely!

And I would prefer 7 in real life too, gives more options on the bench and most clubs have big squads. To even it up I would say 7 subs, 5 can be anyone and 2 HAVE to be youth team players. Good experience for them and gives them a chance to get some game time most probably during a heavy win or defeat!

7 for footy manager definitely!

And I would prefer 7 in real life too, gives more options on the bench and most clubs have big squads. To even it up I would say 7 subs, 5 can be anyone and 2 HAVE to be youth team players. Good experience for them and gives them a chance to get some game time most probably during a heavy win or defeat!

2 have to be youth players? What about two that have been at the club x amount of years or have come up through the ranks? Pointless having two youth players on the bench just for rules, if they ain't gunna be used, stick them in the squad for youth game's on saturday morning.

i say revert to three, and bring back the entertaining days when the likes of beckford went in goal when gerrard got injured. for those who dont remember, more recently windass went in net when we played leicester. vice versa sometimes a keeper ended up playing upfront.

it makes it much more tactically challenging for the manager, and much more entertaining for the fans.

bring back 3!