Taylor signs for Millwall

Most people were arguing that PD should be given another year (despite 2 less than impressive full seasons under his belt) as he was building something here - thus needed to be afforded patience and more time - and we were all sick of the new manager/summer clearout/starting afresh routine.

I was happy to go along with the above so long as we kept hold of the players with which we could build a team around such as Furman, Cisak, Lee, Morais, Taylor, Simpson etc.

Out of the above two have gone (including the best of the bunch), two appear to be 50/50 and we should be ok with Furman and Cisak as they are in contract.

Anybody else not fully trust PD to build pretty much a new squad from scratch?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most people were arguing that PD should be given another year (despite 2 less than impressive full seasons under his belt) as he was building something here - thus needed to be afforded patience and more time - and we were all sick of the new manager/summer clearout/starting afresh routine.

I was happy to go along with the above so long as we kept hold of the players with which we could build a team around such as Furman, Cisak, Lee, Morais, Taylor, Simpson etc.

Out of the above two have gone (including the best of the bunch), two appear to be 50/50 and we should be ok with Furman and Cisak as they are in contract.

We've lost two players who have gone to Championship clubs. If those kind of opportunities crop up, players will almost always snap them up and there's not a thing Dickov can do about it. We may yet keep the rest of the squad. Personally, I think Wesolowski, who you missed, is the most important player to get signed up.

We've lost two players who have gone to Championship clubs. If those kind of opportunities crop up, players will almost always snap them up and there's not a thing Dickov can do about it. We may yet keep the rest of the squad. Personally, I think Wesolowski, who you missed, is the most important player to get signed up.

Wonder how many Championship sides are interested in Wes?

For goodness sake

Good luck, Chris, and thanks for the years of service. I hope you find your top form again, but I think you could have done better than a one year deal at Millwall. Still, playing in a terrific stadium backed by passionate (but, sadly, surviving brain donor) fans should bring out the best in you.

+1

Irrespective of Lee getting Player of the Season and being consistent he's a Right Back and I'd have thought not too difficult to replace whereas we've now got to try and find a suitable replacement at Left Wing who's going to put the balls in for Kuqi or whoever to get the goals.

So we're looking for a young enthusiastic naturally gifted left footed midfielder that oozes skill and has potential to make the left wing position his own and eventually make us a tidy profit - provided he doesn't piss off on a free like Taylor.

Has David Mellor left and nobody told me?

My prediction - IF Dickov gives him a chance on the left side of midfield I reckon you'll be saying Chris who? by October.

Going off the last two years I reckon that Dickov is the right manager to build a new squad for us from scratch, but I'm not convinced that he'll be the man to get the best out of it.

and eventually make us a tidy profit - provided he doesn't piss off on a free like Taylor.

And there's the rub - a great many of us were saying we wished we'd sold him when we would have got the big bucks (IIRC a couple were after him under Shez) when he had a terrible run of form for a while (under David mostly). No way we can expect him to manage his career to arrange pay days for the club to his detriment.

And there's the rub - a great many of us were saying we wished we'd sold him when we would have got the big bucks (IIRC a couple were after him under Shez) when he had a terrible run of form for a while (under David mostly). No way we can expect him to manage his career to arrange pay days for the club to his detriment.

Although apparently we should have expected precisely this from Chris Porter.

Although apparently we should have expected precisely this from Chris Porter.

Porter was a bit different, we would still have been expecting large compensation if he had gone to Plymouth etc when out of contract, but his agent spotted the Scotland loophole.

All the best Chris

Cant help but think he has :censored:ed the club over however, surely he could have spoke to corney and said i am leaving on a free so sell me at the start of last season

Some of his displays have been unbelieveable where he has bagged the only goal for us in a 1-0 win or that game at brentford 2 years ago, best preformance i have seen from him in my opinion

All the best Chris

Cant help but think he has :censored:ed the club over however, surely he could have spoke to corney and said i am leaving on a free so sell me at the start of last season

Some of his displays have been unbelieveable where he has bagged the only goal for us in a 1-0 win or that game at brentford 2 years ago, best preformance i have seen from him in my opinion

Yeah but he wouldnt have got the nice signing on fee which players tend to get when the clubs are getting them on a free. Its ok though as he supports the club ;-)

Yeah but he wouldnt have got the nice signing on fee which players tend to get when the clubs are getting them on a free. Its ok though as he supports the club ;-)

and how would you know that?i know lee didn't get a signing on fee so how do you know taylor did,and do you really expect him to ask to be sold last season to make the club some money,why would he want to do that when he doesn;t know what is going to happen at oldham..if oldham where in with a chance of the championship he probably wouldn;t have gone anywhere

I'm suprised I aint more angry for Taylor 'doing the dirty'.. Genuinely reckon he gave it as long as he could, for as long as he belived.. Might be a naive un, just think it was last chance saloon for him.

No doubt he wanted it to work here.. Had he not been a blue, possibly would've seen it differently

Edited by longtimeblue

Taylor hasn't done the dirty, the club should have signed him to longer contract if they wanted a fee.

Slavery was abolished in this country nearly 200 years ago. A club can't force a player to sign a longer contract.

Totally different situation to Porter IMO.

Great servant to the club, played out of his best position most of the time, and stayed as long as he could.

I'm a bit surprised he's gone darn sarf, and only on a 1 year deal, but I think he'll do alright at Championship level.

Good luck Chris