Senior Squad - as of now

Who's under contract? (1st June)

Alex Cisak (2013)

Luke Simpson (second year of scholarship)

Glenn Belezika (2013 plus a further one year option)

Jean-Yves Mvoto (2013)

James Tarkowski (2013)
so about 11 players to make us competitive needed for next season?

Carl Winchester (2013)

Dean Furman (2013)

Connor Hughes (2013)

David Mellor (2013)

Matt Smith (2013)

Shefki Kuqi has an option that he can trigger (but not the club) but no official word on it yet.

Paul Dickov intends to offer contracts to

Dean Bouzanis, Holiday in Aus

Bradley Diallo,

Youssouf Mchangama,

Kirk Millar,

Filipe Morais, Linked with several clubs.

James Wesolowski, Rumours agreed in chron

Robbie Simpson. Holiday in Marbella 1st June

Who's in?

Byron Walker (trialist striker/winger from Herne Bay)

Who's out?

Paul Black (released)

Mathew Carr (released)

Zander Diamond (released)

Keanu Marsh-Brown (released and Yeovil)

Phil McGrath (released)

Josh Parker (released)

Djeny Bembo-Leta (released)

Ryan Brooke (released and Altrincham)

Reuben Reid (released)

Chris Taylor (Milwall out of contract signs on 14th June.)

Kieren Lee (Sheff Weds out of contract signs on 14th June)

OTHER

Confirmed interest in Damian Reeves out of contract at Alty - Lives in Donny linked to Donny has trained at Latics.

Unknown

Oumare Tounkare out of contract at Sunderland and released.

Nathan Clarke released by Huddersfield not yet fixed up.

so about 11 players to make us competitive for next season? Edited by welshgaz

Didn't realise the season started tomorrow. Sick of reading boring post about our squad and players leaving. 11 weeks until the season starts. If in 10 weeks our squad is lite and we haven't signed anyone then whinge all you want. Until then its pointless and a bit sad

Didn't realise the season started tomorrow. Sick of reading boring post about our squad and players leaving. 11 weeks until the season starts. If in 10 weeks our squad is lite and we haven't signed anyone then whinge all you want. Until then its pointless and a bit sad

Chill out fel

Nah he is spot on mate.

It's the 1st June and people keep going on about the size of the bloody squad.

My guess is it's going be like this day after day for the next 7 or 8 weeks.

I agree with Greeney and you too.

Some people are typing like tommorow is the first day of the season, and Preston have signed the whole of Chelseas first team.

It's not like our squad will look anytihng like it does now.

Besides, so may said we needed a clear out at the end of the season, get rid of the under performers. I am sure some of them are the same now panicking as we have not signed anyone yet.

I'd like to think (but don;t assume!) that if the Cisak tweet is about him goiug (rather than signing our deal :-),) its becase Bouzanis has now signed up.

I do thing the club and PD, were wrong to back itself into a corner by saying a two week deadline was imposed nonetheless, of course, he could have been misquoted.

Now is not the time to panic, it awlays should ahve been waiting till much nearer the season starts.

I would say a steady Eddie type is likely to want everythign sorted and ship shape though!

As far as I read it, two people on this thread question the quality of the squad as it stands now. - expressing an opinion and nothing pointless or sad really.

The post by Hallamblue provides a nice checkpoint as at June 1st - that's all it is - there's a lot of water to flow under that bridge before we will have any inkling of what the season may hold for us. :smoking:

As far as I read it, two people on this thread question the quality of the squad as it stands now. - expressing an opinion and nothing pointless or sad really.

The post by Hallamblue provides a nice checkpoint as at June 1st - that's all it is - there's a lot of water to flow under that bridge before we will have any inkling of what the season may hold for us. :smoking:

to be fair, I donlt think he just meant this thread.

I wasn't questioning the strength of the current squad - albeit if we turned up with this squad at the start of the season we'd be more than struggling; I was merely asking for an update.

Hallam's post gives us an idea the kind of holes PD will be looking to fill.

Of course this XI would go down, we'd be fielding three keepers...

We need to chill and get some perspective. Hopefully Wes will sign up soon and then we will start to get the outline of a first team.

I'd like Tonks, Morais and Simpson too - they're all very welcome.

Bit off subject but didnt realise Hyde went up last year, wonder if anyone knows any good players that they might have?

Agree with the abve ages to go, no rush come this time in 4 weeks we will probably know if those offered have signed but wont have signed more than 1 or 2 new players wouldnt have though

Remember as well we will use a lot of loans and would be a waste to start paying out on that before August, calm down

To be fair i think the person who started the thread asked a valid question didnt moan about the squad

If Simpson and Morais signed tomorrow all of a sudden we would be ok according to some lol utter madness

Bit off subject but didnt realise Hyde went up last year, wonder if anyone knows any good players that they might have?

Agree with the abve ages to go, no rush come this time in 4 weeks we will probably know if those offered have signed but wont have signed more than 1 or 2 new players wouldnt have though

Remember as well we will use a lot of loans and would be a waste to start paying out on that before August, calm down

To be fair i think the person who started the thread asked a valid question didnt moan about the squad

If Simpson and Morais signed tomorrow all of a sudden we would be ok according to some lol utter madness

Scott Spencer (ex Latics), Danny Hall (ex Latics), Adam Griffin................... pattern forming???

Who's under contract? (1st June)

Alex Cisak (2013)

Luke Simpson (second year of scholarship)

Glenn Belezika (2013 plus a further one year option)

Jean-Yves Mvoto (2013)

James Tarkowski (2013)

Carl Winchester (2013)

Dean Furman (2013)

Connor Hughes (2013)

David Mellor (2013)

Matt Smith (2013)

Shefki Kuqi has an option that he can trigger (but not the club) but no official word on it yet.

Paul Dickov intends to offer contracts to

Dean Bouzanis, Holiday in Aus

Bradley Diallo,

Youssouf Mchangama,

Kirk Millar,

Filipe Morais, Linked with several clubs.

James Wesolowski, Rumours agreed in chron

Robbie Simpson. Holiday in Marbella 1st June

Who's in?

Byron Walker (trialist striker/winger from Herne Bay)

Who's out?

Paul Black (released)

Mathew Carr (released)

Zander Diamond (released)

Keanu Marsh-Brown (released and Yeovil)

Phil McGrath (released)

Josh Parker (released)

Djeny Bembo-Leta (released)

Ryan Brooke (released and Altrincham)

Reuben Reid (released)

Chris Taylor (Milwall out of contract signs on 14th June.)

Kieren Lee (Sheff Weds out of contract signs on 14th June)

OTHER

Confirmed interest in Damian Reeves out of contract at Alty - Lives in Donny linked to Donny has trained at Latics.

Unknown

Oumare Tounkare out of contract at Sunderland and released.

Nathan Clarke released by Huddersfield not yet fixed up.

Whats the latest with this byron walker ???