Can anyone help with former player?

I am trying to get in touch with the former Oldham Athletic player Graham Bell, is there anyone on here who could put me in touch with him, or point me in the right direction? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I can't help with Graham Bell's whereabouts, but I can tell you a bit about David Teece. I remember him well and it was David, who I thought was a very good keeper, who inspired me into becoming a goalkeeper myself. I was about 12 at the time, persuaded my sports teacher to let me play in goal and I never played anywhere else until I gave up at the tender age of 34. Never reached the dizzy heights of professional though, as much as I dreamed about it. We signed David from Hull City and, IIRC, his first game was against them in a 9-0 defeat. I'll stand to be corrected on that though.

This is an extract from http://www.webservicesbc.com/latics/Kz.html - "David Teece (1956-59) joined Athletic from Hull having previously been at Hyde United and he made 91 appearances in goal for Athletic after he finally forced his way into the team. He was a qualified FA coach who also played for Buxton and Chadderton. He coached AVRO in the Manchester League. When he retired from football he became a draughtsman and fitter at British Aerospace. David died in 2007.

teece.jpg

Edited by Bristolatic

Bristol you had the pleasure of seeing him in action but I've got a record that David Teece's debut was against Carlisle 18 Aug 1956 , drew 2-2. However in 1958 Hull did score 9 against him at Boothferry Park!

Spot on Pete. Well corrected :imnotworthy:

I got confused; my parents came from Hull and moved to Oldham before I was born. We used to go to Hull regularly to visit rellies. Dad and I went to Boothferry Park and endured the 9-0 drubbing during one of our visits. I was thinking it was the first time I'd seen David Teece but, of course, I had seen him play many times prior to that. It's surprising what age does to your, er, whatsit, thingummy, doo-dah. Oh, yes, memory. That's it.

Spot on Pete. Well corrected :imnotworthy:

I got confused; my parents came from Hull and moved to Oldham before I was born. We used to go to Hull regularly to visit rellies. Dad and I went to Boothferry Park and endured the 9-0 drubbing during one of our visits. I was thinking it was the first time I'd seen David Teece but, of course, I had seen him play many times prior to that. It's surprising what age does to your, er, whatsit, thingummy, doo-dah. Oh, yes, memory. That's it.

Out of interest, how many Latics fans would've gone to watch Oldham at Hull in the 50s? Was there an away following at that time?

• 3 weeks later...

Shouldn't bump this but I would really appreciate it if someone could help me contact Graham Bell, the former latics player?

Have you tried emailing the club to see if he keeps in contact with anyone there? Roy Butterworth may have an idea about him.

Thanks for the response, who is the person you mention? Some sort of former players association chairman?

Roy Butterworth is one of the match day commentators on Latics World. He has been around the club for years (he's in his 70s now) and is also involved with the hospitality side of things. Maybe start off by emailing enquiries@oldhamathletic.co.uk