Misleading Club Statements

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem is the club have to big up all incoming news, it increases the traffic on the site and thus revenue. Bury made £30,000 last season from their website

I see what you are saying, buit it will be counter productive.

I have long since stopped F5'ing the offical site, because as I said, it all becomes over hyped.

I thought that went out with Tony Blair.

AS someone else said all you ahve to do is first signing imminent, keep peeled for latest news etc I will be intrigued with I wonder who it is.

With exciting news nonsense, I already let myself down gently as soon as I see it, knowing I am going to be underwhelmed.

Hopefully he will be a good signing but, at this stage how anyone can consider this to be particularly exciting is beyond me. Unless the club considers us having enough players to play a match exciting.

I think the point is that most of worry for the future of our club and considering the roller coaster past, it's not particularly great reading statements like that.

After today's 'exciting' news, anyone else getting bored of them?

No.

Take things with the knowledge that they'll be overhyped .

Compared with some of the postings on here, the club is the master of understatement

Edited by LaticsPete

isnt there thread somewhere claiming that Preston are signing everybody and we are being left behind when the season only finished 3 weeks ago?

posters on here wanted a signing and now thay have one and its still not good enough

considering the stories that do go on the website half the time like like kickz football or match worn shirts or the fact 2 of our best players have left recently, maybe the club thought the fans might be a little excited about our new right back

been said a thousand times on here no but damned if they do..............

maybe they should do nothing then if you want to tip up at the first friendly you can see who's signed then?

isnt there thread somewhere claiming that Preston are signing everybody and we are being left behind when the season only finished 3 weeks ago?

posters on here wanted a signing and now thay have one and its still not good enough

considering the stories that do go on the website half the time like like kickz football or match worn shirts or the fact 2 of our best players have left recently, maybe the club thought the fans might be a little excited about our new right back

been said a thousand times on here no but damned if they do..............

maybe they should do nothing then if you want to tip up at the first friendly you can see who's signed then?

You're missing the point. They hyped up a story as if it could have been ground development or a huge signing...and it was a dog :censored: non-league failure.

You're missing the point. They hyped up a story as if it could have been ground development or a huge signing...and it was a dog :censored: non-league failure.

This might no be the big exciting news.

Edited by jburbri

That says so much about the attitudes of some of our "supporters".

they never mentioned what the exciting news was did they?

the point is people build it up on here every single time like its going to be amazing and then they complain that is doesnt meet their standards.

you support Oldham Athletic what kind of signing do you expect?

and your last words sum up for me everything that is currently wrong with this club!

if thats how fans of this club welcome a player who we have never seen and only read about on message board... do you :censored:in deserve anything else?

People keep saying "you've never seen him" but do we need to? The lad has been released by a club in the same league as us who was only just a reserve by the sounds of things and even HINKLEY think he's crap. With all our top earners gone I'm sorry but i do expect a better signing than this. If this is exciting then a football league standard player would make the world implode.

People keep saying "you've never seen him" but do we need to? The lad has been released by a club in the same league as us who was only just a reserve by the sounds of things and even HINKLEY think he's crap. With all our top earners gone I'm sorry but i do expect a better signing than this. If this is exciting then a football league standard player would make the world implode.

sheff united may still be in the same division as us

but believe me that are in a different league to us!

the sooner people realise the gulf between even the top and bottom of our division is huge the better.

tbf if you are taking scouting reports from hinkleys website then you have bigger issues :crackpot::wink:

if we hadnt signed reserves from teams in the same division in the past god knows what would have happened to this club -why all of a sudden is it not good enough for todays wonderful and knowlegable Oldham fans

by the way what would you think without the hinkley fans thoughts?

Edited by palmer1

to be fair, the 'exciting news' was announced on the twitter feed, not the official website. lots do have twitter but it may have been a misinformed tweet? the lack of incoming signatures has been quiet recently so 2 in a day is not bad. lets hope we can build on it and if the club get a few quid from internet traffic then that suits me.

Well, yeah? Bit harsh to judge someone's ability when you haven't seen them play?

Just because someone think that he's crap doesn't mean that he is crap. He might of had disagreements with the Sheffield manager and thats why he was released. By sounds of it, his twitter stuff has been his major downfall at Sheffield United.

All our top earners gone? Are they? Taylor was one of the top earners, Diamond rumoured to be, and thats it.

Its our first friggin signing and its only early June, give the club a chance eh? Season doesn't start for another 2 and a bit months.

the sooner people realise the gulf between even the top and bottom of our division is huge the better.

tbf if you are taking scouting reports from hinkleys website then you have bigger issues :crackpot::wink:

if we hadnt signed reserves from teams in the same division in the past god knows what would have happened to this club -why all of a sudden is it not good enough for todays wonderful and knowlegable Oldham fans

by ythe way what would you think without the hinkley fans thoughts?

The gulf is huge I completely agree...but like someone previously said, a Premier League reserve is about League One standard. A League One reserve is Blue Square at best!

And that answer can also apply to your last question.

The gulf is huge I completely agree...but like someone previously said, a Premier League reserve is about League One standard. A League One reserve is Blue Square at best!

so you would have no thought on him persoanlly as a player?

you are just going to group him along with a couple of hundred players

and what of all these players that are reserves in league 1 like kieron lee for 2 years and then make it as proffesional in the league well above the blue square ?

so you would have no thought on him persoanlly as a player?

you are just going to group him along with a couple of hundred players

and what of all these players that are reserves in league 1 like kieron lee for 2 years and then make it as proffesional in the league well above the blue square ?

The top and bottom of it is that two sets of fans do not rate the lad. That tells me he won't be the next Lee.