yeah my mate just text me this the other day

ive actually heard the vassell story myself, but thats not my point. he has quite clearly made the story up, going to the lengths of writing the piece himself, after hearing an unfounded rumour. its embarrassing

Oldham have captured there second signing of the summer by securing the services of Darius Vassell on a two year contract. Vassell fell out of favour at the Walkers Stadium and will become a free agent when his contrat expires. Dickov spent plenty of time with Vassell at Manchester City and thinks he will shine at this level. "Darius is player i know well from my time at Manchester City, he is a natural finisher and knows the game inside out, his knowledge and experience are key ingredients will fit in well with what im trying to build here". It is the first time Vassell will have played at the third tier, scorer of over 50 top flight goals and 6 international goals, he will surely relish the challenage next season.

Delighted with this. Will tear the league apart next season for me. Him and Shef up front with Simmo just in behind.