To be fair he had no chance.

Our fans wrote off Furman after a season ':censored:e not even a footballer' Reece Brown ':censored:e not even a footballer' hounded out Adebola, Eardley, Davies and Lomax ':censored:e not even footballers' and are trying to make Kuqi :censored: off ':censored:e 16 lucky gols'

So Colbeck, who possibly was :censored:e, never had a chance at BP.

'Our fans' - so who exactly are you referring to? A tiny minority who happen to vocalise their negative opinions? Certainly not me or anyone I watch and discuss Latics with. This type of 'lump us all in together' comment does my head in. :nnnng:

Rant over.

'Our fans' - so who exactly are you referring to? A tiny minority who happen to vocalise their negative opinions? Certainly not me or anyone I watch and discuss Latics with. This type of 'lump us all in together' comment does my head in. :nnnng:

Rant over.

Yep. Our fans. If they shout the same :censored: all the time and nobody corrects them, then 'our fans' will just have to do. And maybe they are in the minority, but its not a tiny one.

Yep. Our fans. If they shout the same :censored: all the time and nobody corrects them, then 'our fans' will just have to do. And maybe they are in the minority, but its not a tiny one.

Who the :censored: are you to correct people?

I am sorry I dont boo anyone but I talk to people around me about performances, its called having an opinion.

I personally thought Colbeck was :censored: and if some plonker next to me tried to "correct me" I would be rather upset about it!

Who the :censored: are you to correct people?

I am sorry I dont boo anyone but I talk to people around me about performances, its called having an opinion.

I personally thought Colbeck was :censored: and if some plonker next to me tried to "correct me" I would be rather upset about it!

OK sorry, if they shout the same :censored: all the time and nobody talks nicely to them to express an opposite opinion.

Bit of an oxymoron your post, ironic as your probably a spotty moron.

Has anybody ever asked any players what they think of 'our fans'?

Even sean gregan and lee hughes think we are harsh, pretty clueless and overall quite :censored:e, and they were pretty much admired! Eardleys opinion is quite well documented, Taylor thinks the same, so did Wellens. ronnie moore was a bit of a :censored:, but he was right about the fans.

Even sean gregan and lee hughes think we are harsh, pretty clueless and overall quite :censored:e, and they were pretty much admired! Eardleys opinion is quite well documented, Taylor thinks the same, so did Wellens. ronnie moore was a bit of a :censored:, but he was right about the fans.

You have spoken to them all personally have you?

At times I think we expect too much (former Prem, League Cup final, FA Cup semi-final, blablabla) and this may explain the negativitity that flies around now and again but a crap player is a crap player and a crap manager is a crap manager and anyone that is willing to part money to watch their local team has every right to voice an opinion, constructive or deconstructive. If I was a shareholder of a company I'd want my say.

Edited by excharnwoodlatic

I'm sure, via Latics Player, Penney said Colbeck had a touch of Tom Finney about him.

Tom Finney has just turned 90 though to be fair.

Bless his little heart, he ran around a lot. Couldn't fault his effort. Just struggled with the 'take the ball with you and cross it' part of the job. Hope it works out for him at Grimsby, he was a trier if nothing else.

Am i right in thinking we paid more for him than we did for Furman? :petesake:

Tom Finney has just turned 90 though to be fair.

Bless his little heart, he ran around a lot. Couldn't fault his effort. Just struggled with the 'take the ball with you and cross it' part of the job. Hope it works out for him at Grimsby, he was a trier if nothing else.

Am i right in thinking we paid more for him than we did for Furman? :petesake:

This is the Joe Colbeck , I remember!.

A cross country runner but no footballer!

If you think the problems are purely down to our fans you are living on another planet have you ever been and watched another team and sat in the home stands I have I've been to Bolton and I heard a few people slagging off Kevin Nolan when he was on the fringes of the England team.

I'll steer clear of thr drivel posts and focus on the player in question.

I try to, usually, look for the positives & defend our players; to be realistic with my expectations of them and thus rate them accordingly.

I think the positives from watching Joe Colbeck were that appeared to be able to put his boots on correctly and remembered to breathe whilst running.

How a spend on £60K was ever sanctioned on him i'll never know. Awful.