gas explosion in shaw - buckley street area

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I live just off crompton way and tbh the whole of shaw is a no go area at the minute. No way through to milnrow, and half the high street from the weavers up to shay wake is a no thru road. if you can at all avoid it i would.

My whole house shook when it went up. not surprised houses nearer to the incident have had windows blown thru

had a couple of texts from people .... seemingly could have been caused my someone attempting to leave this world!

Assuming this is true, he's still here, just not in one piece.

This would be a really sick way to kill yourself, wouldn't it? Did he hate his neighbours that much?

Assuming this is true, he's still here, just not in one piece.

This would be a really sick way to kill yourself, wouldn't it? Did he hate his neighbours that much?

don't even want to think of the either rumour nevermind mention it on here .... hope it's simply people getting a bit carried away!

hope everyone's ok

Edited by thetramdriver

That is tragic, you can't even begin to imagine what the parents must be going through.....very sad day.

agreed thoughts are with the families and friends of everyone connected with this , i hope they pull through.

You can't begin to imagine the horror of this or how people recover from it. My heart goes out to them all, especially the parents who have lost their child. Here's hoping that there are no more fatalities and everyone recovers, particularly that poor man with 80% burns. Truly awful incident.

Hearing its a 5 month old child , awful awful stuff,

GMR said the gas leak was reported to NAtional Grid at 10:40 , at 11:15 the explosion happened

That is not good news.

I have to say, twice I have had to report a gas leak British gas have been round very quickly.

I work in the warehouse just 4 houses away from this. I can honestly say I've never heard anything so loud in my life, I thought my ears had burst when it happened, I thought it was a bomb! All house alarms going off. The warehouse skylights blew out, lights shattered, roof partly collapsed. Then we ran out to see the devastation, people screaming and crying.

One of the worst things I've seen

That is not good news.

I have to say, twice I have had to report a gas leak British gas have been round very quickly.

I don't think British Gas can be blamed for not being able to send a van round in 35 minutes. In some ways it's a good thing they couldn't get a van round in time as that would have put an extra person in harms way.

Relating to that having seen an aerial picture of the devastation thank goodness it happened on a school day in an area without a nearby school.

Live about 10mins away was woken up by the sound of the explosion looked out my window and saw the smoke, only when i saw the emergency helicopter and the images on the net did i see the full nature of it. Thoughts are with those who have losts love ones or injured by this event.

had a couple of texts from people .... seemingly could have been caused my someone attempting to leave this world!

That was the general thoughts of neighbours etc in the aftermath. Had 6 kids, apparently girlfriend had left him. Only rumours though. If true, he's one selfish selfish person.

I don't think British Gas can be blamed for not being able to send a van round in 35 minutes. In some ways it's a good thing they couldn't get a van round in time as that would have put an extra person in harms way.

Relating to that having seen an aerial picture of the devastation thank goodness it happened on a school day in an area without a nearby school.

Possibly not, as the REgulator says within the hour and they were the worst performing area when they got fined last year.

Ironically the National Training Centre is 5 miles away in Chadderton.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-16286863

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/financialservices/utilities/8971256/National-Grid-fined-4.3m-over-slow-gas-leak-responses.html