I don't understand the misconception that Morais hasn't got a deent delivery. He can cross, and he can deliver a decent ball in. He doesn't do it everytime, and therein is one of the reasons he's been in the SPL & League 1 rather than the Premier League. But, if he leaves fr pastures new; we will miss him.

He is one of, if not the only player who provides a forward impeteus from his position. His first thought is to always go forward. Simpson for all his positives; does tend to slow play by looking back or sideways in his link-up play. Morais goes for the positive, the forward movement 9 times out of 10. If it's posible, watch some footage (or remember; probably easier!) of our throw-in's. We're crap at throw-in's and have been for, like, 15 years. But Morais is the only player who looks to provide movement, to get free of a defender and actually look to give us an attacking option - and IMO, that sums him up.

He added workrate & effort to his game in the second half of the season - and when you add to skills and ability; you have a player who will not be easy to replace.

I do often wonder who certain fans would actually see as realistic & suitable replacements for our players - as we've had plenty of posters recently who have said the likes of Chris Taylor, Kieron Lee, Robbie Simpson, Filipe Morais et all are "easily replaceable". They're not IMO.

I don't understand the misconception that Morais hasn't got a deent delivery. He can cross, and he can deliver a decent ball in. He doesn't do it everytime, and therein is one of the reasons he's been in the SPL & League 1 rather than the Premier League. But, if he leaves fr pastures new; we will miss him.

He is one of, if not the only player who provides a forward impeteus from his position. His first thought is to always go forward. Simpson for all his positives; does tend to slow play by looking back or sideways in his link-up play. Morais goes for the positive, the forward movement 9 times out of 10. If it's posible, watch some footage (or remember; probably easier!) of our throw-in's. We're crap at throw-in's and have been for, like, 15 years. But Morais is the only player who looks to provide movement, to get free of a defender and actually look to give us an attacking option - and IMO, that sums him up.

He added workrate & effort to his game in the second half of the season - and when you add to skills and ability; you have a player who will not be easy to replace.

I do often wonder who certain fans would actually see as realistic & suitable replacements for our players - as we've had plenty of posters recently who have said the likes of Chris Taylor, Kieron Lee, Robbie Simpson, Filipe Morais et all are "easily replaceable". They're not IMO.

Agree with your final paragraph that they are not 'easily' replaceable - but mainly because, for a club with our budget to find and acquire players as good will prove difficult.I am pleased that Simpson has signed and I would have loved it if Morais had signed. Sadly it is looking like Filipe is going elsewhere.

He's an uncut diamond thats slowly being polished... I cant help feel he will have a big season with whoever he signs for next year

I think that could be an argument in our favour? Morais seems to be a confidence player; needs the confidence of team-mates and fans alike (I know we're not the best for that..), but uprooting and moving sticks throws him back into the unknown where he will require that process of settling in again. To be fair to him though, we don't know his actual situation regarding family & happiness etc. If he moves down south I wouldn't begrudge him at all, I would however be annoyed if he ended up somewhere like Doncaster, or Preston.

There were rumours on twitter a few days ago that he has signed for Leeds? Can't see it myself, quite a few Leeds fans seemed to be suggesting he was signing though!

That was a fake rumour posted on the "rumours" site.

100% fake.

If he does go to Leeds i'd be very surprised, he was good when he first arrived then went off the boil and was mostly terrible until Dickov dropped him. Second half of last season he took the Simpson mantle of being our Talisman with some decent goals and very good assists. But I don't think he's Championship quality. Maybe Warnock thinks he can do Taraabt with him?

Anyhow all will be revealed, and i'll be sorry to lose the Morais we had from his equaliser from Charlton onwards. Perhaps I won't be as sorry to see the Morais that threw the towel in at Carlisle leave. He won't be on peanuts though and it provides leverage for other targets. Young Hughes will play more than his fair share next season and I think he's got half a chance if given a decent run and patience is shown with him.