Sunday the 1st July 2012 - Is this the day it all starts

Or do we have to wait for Monday and see who turns up for training???????????????????? :gathering2:

Of course Big Gerry will have to check all the passports :boxer: for next weeks little trip to Portugal, just to make sure their all in order :sign0007:

Ian G.

Counting down the days til the season starts. Just booked my train tickets for the August games, i think there was some link i was supposed to use but i couldn't remember what it was so i just bought them at the station instead.

(not really, i just thought it'd be funny to make blood shoot out of o4u's ears)

Does anyone think on here that we should give paul black a trial so he can earn a contract. We are very low on numbers at left back it would be worth a shout, it happened to Kelvin Lomax a few years ago

Does anyone think on here that we should give paul black a trial so he can earn a contract. We are very low on numbers at left back it would be worth a shout, it happened to Kelvin Lomax a few years ago

it happened because Ronnie released him then got sacked

Sheridan got the job and gave him another chance

another example of a player that was not good enough staying too long and producing nothing, also done nothing elsewhere

cant see Dickov changing his mind a month later about Black

Edited by palmer1

better than Eardley that Lomax ;)

I agree though Dickov is unlikely to change his mind on Black who IMO isnt good enough. I would rather we took a punt on someone else, they may also prove to be rubbish but you never know we could unearth another player like Lee, which we wouldnt do by sticking with Black

Counting down the days til the season starts. Just booked my train tickets for the August games, i think there was some link i was supposed to use but i couldn't remember what it was so i just bought them at the station instead.

(not really, i just thought it'd be funny to make blood shoot out of o4u's ears)

:grin:

If anybody's in need of the link here it is!

http://www.spendandraise.com/xtra/shop/retailers/?search=Virgin&order=alpha&page=A

Book train travel for any route via the Virgin link in PlayerShare WebShop and Latics will end up with 2% of your spend.

Thanks to all who have used it recently. Spends at Virgin, Amazon, M&M Sports and JJB all bringing money through in recent days.

commanding all-effort CB but if people thought Diamond and Greegs lacked pace this guy takes the biscuit.

JYM isnt the quickest nor is Tarky - have Brown alongside him though and it could work i suppose

Not one i would have signed (if this is true), but then again beggers can't be choosers and he will gives his all and do us a job; i suppose that's all we can expect.

Also seen on twitter someone says in for Doherty and Matt Oakely???

Can't get wiki on my phone for some obscure reason : what does it say on there?

I'd be happy if its true!

It says at the end of the article; "He signed a one year contract with League One side Oldham Athletic on 1st July 2012".