Ben Haim... £30k a week

Have to feel sorry for the fans but its hight time that club went bump!

I, like a few others on here have an affinity to Rangers as a second club and have been gutted by what has been happening up there. However with Pompey its a totally different story because in Scotland they are on nothing like £30k a week..............that is top 4 English Premier League wages.

Have to feel sorry for the fans but its hight time that club went bump!

I, like a few others on here have an affinity to Rangers as a second club and have been gutted by what has been happening up there. However with Pompey its a totally different story because in Scotland they are on nothing like £30k a week..............that is top 4 English Premier League wages.

Rangers owe £50 million to the tax payer i.e. us which would pay for several hospitals and schools basically because they couldn't be bothered to pay it over 10 years they deserve to go under just as much as Portsmouth.

Rangers owe £50 million to the tax payer i.e. us which would pay for several hospitals and schools basically because they couldn't be bothered to pay it over 10 years they deserve to go under just as much as Portsmouth.

While your general point is sound, you won't get several hospitals for £50m.

Half a small hospital, maybe!

Leeds, Portsmouth, Swindon, Darlington, Southampton, Ipswich, Exeter, Wrexham, Rotherham, Bournemouth, Middlesborough, Luton, Stockport, Crystal Palace, Port Vale and several others have gone into administration while still owing tax in the last 10-15 years including OLDHAM ATHLETIC.............. believe it or not there are lots of clubs that are very badly run........

You missed the point of my post, Portsmouth have been living like a top 4 prem club.............. The greedy league gives them £40+ million per year up there while in the SPL they get aprox £2m for actually winning the league!

All points made it has :censored: all to do with schools and hospitals, this is a football forum not a political one...........dont get me started on immigration and how much money could be saved and put towards our soldiers and former forces hero's.

Rangers owe more much more than portsmouth do. Very Glad to see them go bust.

They have lived beyond heir means for years.

I wouldn't shed a tear if the same happened at Portsmouth either.

Edited by pukka

Leeds, Portsmouth, Swindon, Darlington, Southampton, Ipswich, Exeter, Wrexham, Rotherham, Bournemouth, Middlesborough, Luton, Stockport, Crystal Palace, Port Vale and several others have gone into administration while still owing tax in the last 10-15 years including OLDHAM ATHLETIC.............. believe it or not there are lots of clubs that are very badly run........

You missed the point of my post, Portsmouth have been living like a top 4 prem club.............. The greedy league gives them £40+ million per year up there while in the SPL they get aprox £2m for actually winning the league!

All points made it has :censored: all to do with schools and hospitals, this is a football forum not a political one...........dont get me started on immigration and how much money could be saved and put towards our soldiers and former forces hero's.

I'd love to hear your views on immigration :)

i think going back to the topic, it is absolutely disgusting that Ben-Haim is claiming 30k a week - he's not an outstanding player is he?

Football is :censored:ed up from the top - Rooney, 250k a week is your prime example, i'm sure he's the highest paid player in the PL with Eto'o on was it 40million a year in Russia? i mean, who needs that?

Football needs sorting - but it's corrupt within the governing body, Blatter is as bent as it goes (not in a gay way) and until FIFA has a big shake up, nothing at all will change in football, but i'd love them to prove me wrong...

If you think £36k is top 4 of the premiership then you are on cloud cuckoo land. That's not even premiership really.

Rooney is on a reported £160k unless he has signed a new contract when I wasn't looking. The highest paid player is Yaya Toure on £220k a week.

From a selfish point of view, I wouldn't mind them (Pompey) going tits up as it takes a relegation place. Just wait until October as I've booked the hotel on a very good weekend away now.

Rangers owe more much more than portsmouth do. Very Glad to see them go bust.

They have lived beyond heir means for years.

I wouldn't shed a tear if the same happened at Portsmouth either.

Again point missed, I am not saying Portsmouth are worse I am saying they have had a lot more help.

I was using the hospitals and schools thing as just an example not trying to start any political arguement.

The point is Portsmouth are in a mess because they lived beyond their means predominantly signing contracts that they couldn't afford to uphold which is why you have the situation Ben Haim which amounts to living beyond their means.

Rangers are in this mess because they decided to pay players decent money but not the tax man effectively living beyond their means.

Your suggesting its a different situation I disagree with you I don't think their is much difference just the name of the debtor you only get into the situation of administration by not paying the bills both Rangers and Portsmouth haven't done that.

Again point missed, I am not saying Portsmouth are worse I am saying they have had a lot more help.

Point missed by yourself though. Pompey therefore had the potential to be able to get the money back. Rangers didn't.

If you think £36k is top 4 of the premiership then you are on cloud cuckoo land. That's not even premiership really.

Rooney is on a reported £160k unless he has signed a new contract when I wasn't looking. The highest paid player is Yaya Toure on £220k a week.

From a selfish point of view, I wouldn't mind them (Pompey) going tits up as it takes a relegation place. Just wait until October as I've booked the hotel on a very good weekend away now.

CUCKOO CUCKOO

Dont talk stupid, apart from the likes of ManUre, Citeh and Chelski.......... Spurs and Arsenal have a wage structure in place. Just googled Spurs average earnings and some of their fans are talking about aprox earnings on a forum. They reckon the likes of Sandro and Assou-Ekotto will be earning a maximum of £35k per week which I would guess is about right. They cant all be on £160k per week otherwise Rooney would be sulking again.

And Spurs were, errrrr let me see 4th in the greedy league!

I hope you used PlayerShare WebShop for your travel arrangements and hotel!

http://www.spendandraise.com/xtra/shop/retailers/?search=Hotels.com&order=alpha&page=A

I thought that but in 2010 the average prem wage was 22k a week

The average salary in the Premiership is around £22k per week according to many sources

but according to the following link, it suggests that the higher paying sides pay their players between £50k-£60k per week

http://www.sportingi...-madrid-010501/

with the average salary at Man City being aproximately £86,280 per week

Edited by Tommy_Fent

i think going back to the topic, it is absolutely disgusting that Ben-Haim is claiming 30k a week - he's not an outstanding player is he?

If the powers that be at Pompey were stupid enough to sign him on that weekly wage, and have given him a contract saying they will continue to pay him that amount throughout his 2/3 year contract, then they should pay up. I personally don't think he is being particularly unreasonable. If I go in work tomorrow and the boss tells me my wage is going to be cut by 80/90% then I think i'd be unhappy as well...

No wonder Footballs in a mess when it makes you wonder if any of them can even count.

BH wants £2Mill to rip up his final year of a contract that pays him £36k week ie ( £1.872 Mill year)

Sounds a good deal for pompey to do and can see why they struggle financilally ??

When a club goes bump once it's usually bad management and some bad luck , when they go twice !!!!!!!!!!