Birmingham not budging over friendly

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't blame them. We're a mega game for them. You can see why they are digging in.....seriously though, it's a bit sad on their part.

if we organised a game but dumped them for a better offer then its unproffesional on our part and they should be peed off

i thought they had dropped out so we organised the city game

we should play Birmingham if thats what we organised on that date

why cant we just change the dates of one of the games?

We don't know the full story but I would hope that we wouldn't scrap a friendly for no reason or just to play those :censored:houses down the road. Word gets around, plus you never know when you might want a favour off someone like Birmingham

IF (and I stress IF) we have just said - no to birmingham cos we have got a better offer after accepting, it smacks of a lack professionalism and I will be telling my mates who were going to go to teh city game, not to go on principle. (I get it free so thats different)

Play Birmingham get around 1800 max probably around 100 from Brum or play the English Champions get around 5/6000 with them supplying 1000/2000 fans plus matchday revenue no brainer for me, only thing i would say is if we have dumped on Birmingham and arranged the City without cancelling then someone deserves a rollocking but give me City pre season over any other side.

Play Birmingham get around 1800 max probably around 100 from Brum or play the English Champions get around 5/6000 with them supplying 1000/2000 fans plus matchday revenue no brainer for me, only thing i would say is if we have dumped on Birmingham and arranged the City without cancelling then someone deserves a rollocking but give me City pre season over any other side.

Completely agree.

You see friendlies postponed all the time something we have been victims before now.

I can't imagine Birmingham having much diffculty organising another friendly

But yes, we have to be wary of p'ing off Birmingham.

sod brum. its all about the gate money. would we be really that upset if mossley had dumped us so they could play city? ok its a little unprofessional - if thats whats happened - but who cares. how often is it we ever do business with a club like them anyway? i can only really remember kilkenny, and bruce over the last 20 years. and if they have a hang up about this 5 years down the line its their sour grapes. sod em!

I dont blame them in the slightest. If they have a written agreement to play then it as to be mutual to cancel it. If they insist then it must be played surely or penanties must be a possibility. I bet now if they do insist they'll send a youth side and let it be known via the club website. I really do wonder what goes on at our club at times.

Of course I'dwant the city game for the cash it will generate, but why didn't they seek this vigorously in the first place?

seems the default position for many is that if there's a fault it always lies at Latics' door.

A lot of condemnation without knowing the facts.

If it is a situation where there is blame on our part fair enough. But let's not get the rope ready straightaway.

seems the default position for many is that if there's a fault it always lies at Latics' door.

A lot of condemnation without knowing the facts.

If it is a situation where there is blame on our part fair enough. But let's not get the rope ready straightaway.

Really?

1 - Mick - "SACK THE BOARD" which we can assume is a joke.

1 - Lags - Genuine blame

Everyone else is saying "if..." or "maybe..."

Sometimes the positive people are more doomy gloomy just by looking for the doomy gloomy!!

Really?

1 - Lags - Genuine blame

Sometimes the positive people are more doomy gloomy just by looking for the doomy gloomy!!

That last paragraph is so perfectly put!

Really?

1 - Lags - Genuine blame

Now try reading mine for the word 'if'