Boycott the City Game?

Wow - Just about sums the thread up really

Spot on! Glad I'm going on holiday, else I'd have a difficult decision to make - to boycott or not to boycott. Or to do what I pretty much always do, and ignore pre-season friendlies entirely!

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps if we go out of business and end up semi professional, it will be a lot cheaper for bitter and twisted fans to be bored.

But there again in the main that won't happen due those who are stating £15 is too much on here. Cos those are the ones that actually attend BP. Oddly quite a few who are stating the opposing view don't go anymore. :censored:ing bizarre if you ask me!

I'm not paying £15 for a friendly. I have no desire to watch another team's players - massive or not.

Nor am I pissed off I can't use my ST vouchers.

Nor am I chucking any toys anywhere.

Nor am I boycotting anything.

I'm just not going.

But there again in the main that

won't happen due those who are stating £15 is too much on here. Cos those are the ones that actually attend BP. Oddly quite a few who are stating the opposing view don't go anymore. :censored:ing bizarre if you ask me!

Not moi, ST and happy to add £15 to the coffers to see us play city.

Pound to a penny, if the ST voucher was in use for this game, most would be used or sold to others at a discount on the £15.

It's a pre-season friendly, most fans don't normally bother to turn up so when we've got a chance to make a little money we should grab it with both hands.

Meanwhile, if the club decided to change other terms of the season ticket, would you go along with that?

When I renewed my Season Ticket it was with the expectation that I would get 23 league games, 1 friendly (of my choice) and friend for £5, some discount vouchers etc.

When the brum game was on, that was the one I intended to go to (I can't get to the Hudds game), so I expected to be able to go to the alternative game that has been arranged. I would have accepted some degree of extra payment, to cover plod, but the plod cost is not £15 per person, so that is a dishonest claim by the club, plain and simple.

The fact that the club makes a loss does not enable it to promise one thing and then change it at will.

Which other games will have their admission price changed to cover "police costs"?

/\

This

i think it's about time this thread came to an end...

Yes, i admit i over-reacted with a 'boycott' as such, but i made my point that £15 is a steep amount to watch an 'Elite Development Squad' - i for one will not be attending and will put my money towards the charity game and the Hudds game instead.

I agree with many that the club should be taking the opportunity to make money in any way possible, but where do they draw the line? is it right that they can take advantage of season ticket holders by shifting the goalposts in terms of rules for claiming incentives?

The offer should have remained for ST holders or should have gained them discount whether it be £5-£10, if they really do have to fork out for huge police costs.

As stated, i will not be attending, but will be supporting because, even if some may dispute it, i do give a :censored: about this club and i want it to suceed, but i can't agree with them in this instance.

I Will be working and having already arranged to go Fleetwood doubt i'll be able to do the City game. People mention about police costs i can remember the last time we played City in a friendly at Boundary Park. I arrived at the ground at 2.15 getting a txt of my younger brother deciding he wanted to come. So i waited by the time he arrived we where refused entry.

The game which was pay on the day ment Man City fans where everywhere we tried the main stand, no luck we waited and walked down to the players lounge, what made me laugh was Sylvain Distin was not able to gain entry and they where trying to get Alan Hardy to allow him access along with some City fans. Me and my younger brother walked up to the main stand, at the point the gates opened a group of City fans charged in, if i remember knocking a steward out the way we didnt.

The next option was to walk around to the Lookers where a steward told us to walk to the Chaddy and let us. We where stood all game we lost 6-0 or something. But got are revenge later on that season knocking them out the FA cup. Thing is it could of turned nasty outside as there was quite a few Oldham and Man City fans eager to get in.

Personally i think £15 is a bit much but at the sametime can anyone on here really expect Latics to play Man City and let fans in for free? if that was advertised as that more kids may snap up the Childrens season tickets. If it does turn out to be Man Citys first time or a few of there players fairplay and i hope there is plenty of them we should take advantage of it.

How often have we heard the last few seasons why dont we play the likes of Man City or Man United at home?

Im being honest, its a principle thing with me. I wouldn't have paid a quid to go. What was advertised is not being promised.

If a home league game had to have extra police for some reason and the club said "sorry season ticket holders, its a tenner / £15 in" there would be uproar. But the same principle still applies.

If we were told at the start of may. "Voucher would not be valid for a Manchester club friendly" I'd have accepted that. I wont be lied to though, which is what the club have done.

I think thats as much as I have to say on here on the subject.

But there again in the main that won't happen due those who are stating £15 is too much on here. Cos those are the ones that actually attend BP. Oddly quite a few who are stating the opposing view don't go anymore. :censored:ing bizarre if you ask me!

Except the ST holders are not enough for the club to break even Lags. We need more and only one thing will get new and old fans back, a bit of excitement.

It does make me wonder what will happen if we ever do get promoted. I hope that people appreciate that prices will go up. Will people want to boycott then?

Im being honest, its a principle thing with me. I wouldn't have paid a quid to go. What was advertised is not being promised.

If a home league game had to have extra police for some reason and the club said "sorry season ticket holders, its a tenner / £15 in" there would be uproar. But the same principle still applies.

If we were told at the start of may. "Voucher would not be valid for a Manchester club friendly" I'd have accepted that. I wont be lied to though, which is what the club have done.

I think thats as much as I have to say on here on the subject.

Considering we arranged the brum game first. Don't you think it could have been a bit of a chance opportunity and the only way for it to go ahead was to Change plans? I'm sure the club would have said that if they thought it was going to happen but obviously that wasn't the case.

This is our club. If the officials can't take an opportunity to make money from the clubs own supporters then how can they make money? If supporters can't embrace money making opportunities for what they are, then what are the club officials supposed to do? If supporters resent spending some extra cash on their own club then who else will provide income? if you support the club then why are so many bitter and twisted at paying for the club? Too many people want as much as possible for as little. Is this your club? does it need money? Boycott your club because it's engineered a way of raising a bit of cash. Really???

Some people should seriously think about moving to Yorkshire or Scotland....

I've had a season ticket for 23 years, I've never used the vouchers for 10% off at the club shop*. Why? Its nopt about money. Its about Principle.

Simple business point which seems to be missed.

Dont treat your most loyal customers like :censored: - cos you'll be sorry when they are gone.

*I know that is only about £5 sometimes £10 a season, but it builds up if every fan used their vouchers.

Edited by pukka