Boycott the City Game?

Why? members are still debating it. When they're all done it will disappear down the board all by itself.

because i have come to the conclusion that being an Oldham fan is bollocks and always will be?

On a serious note.. the 'debate' is just causing more and more tension between members and people will be giving their numbers out over Twitter.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

because i have come to the conclusion that being an Oldham fan is bollocks and always will be?

On a serious note.. the 'debate' is just causing more and more tension between members and people will be giving their numbers out over Twitter.

I don't do twitter brother so wouldn't know. I have an account but it's pretty much dormant. As for the tension, trust me no matter what the subject you'd have a few who just wanna play internet warrior's with their pet hates. Much like life really. there are some sad souls.

I doubt they will be playing a game 2 days in. We all hear the importance of pre season, its were they do the hard yards in training. Mario and David will have barely got the sand from between their toes. They play Wolfsburg a week later, my money is on that being their first proper outing. At best we will get Hart, Milner, Lescott and Nasri if their 4 weeks break started the date they were knocked out.

Having said that to any lemons willing to believe they will play their first team please get down to BP and hand over £15 be you City or Oldham.

If your wanting to watch Balo, Silva etc why not spend a little more and take in a proper City 1st team game? Its only down the road and you get to see all the stars.

I've voted you down, not because of your post, but because of your sickening sig. Probably the most insensitive one I've seen on here.

I think we should look at it like, this if we get a poor turnout the next time we get a big team in a friendly (and we will at some point) then the price will be much lower. If we get a full house and loads turn up we get much needed extra revenue.

On a side note how many memorable friendlies have we had?

Edited by GlossopLatic

#anywherein10minutes

I think we should look at it like this if we geta poor turnout the next time we get a a big team in a friendly and we will at some point then the price will be much lower if we get a full house and loads turn up we get much needed extra revenue.

Worth a thread on its own.

Some from my younger days ...all at BP

Burnley 61/62 Floodlight Inaugural match . Burnley a top club at the time. . drew 3-3

OFK Belgrade First foreign team to play at BP I think. 61/62 won 3-1

FC Thun, from Switzerland, 66/67 won 9-2 with John Collins scoring six

Internacional from Brazil 74/5 lost 0-1

Burnley 61/62 Floodlight Inaugural match . Burnley a top club at the time. . drew 3-3

Didn't Burnley play in a friendly to celebrate the opening of the Ford stand?

To my recollection Latics lost 6-0 and the lower rows spectators sat in the stand got drenched.

Edited by BP1960

So none in the last 35 years then

The bottom line of this friendly is if we get told via a statement from either club that the odd world class player will play some part then most people will go.

If we get told its kids then not many will go.

If we get told the stars are going but dont turn up then both clubs will look silly.

Edit: If we get told nowt then make a choice and stop moaning about it.

Edited by oldhamoafc

I think we should look at it like, this if we get a poor turnout the next time we get a big team in a friendly (and we will at some point) then the price will be much lower. If we get a full house and loads turn up we get much needed extra revenue.

Beat Rochdale 5-2 at BP in '88 to win The Rose Bowl, Frank Bunn Hat-Trick

Beat Everton 2-1 in Joe Royle's first return to BP with Everton - Andy Barlow's Testimonial '95

'Ernie for England' 1-1 draw at Dale 2003

Beat Rochdale 5-2 at BP in '88 to win The Rose Bowl, Frank Bunn Hat-Trick

Beat Everton 2-1 in Joe Royle's first return to BP with Everton - Andy Barlow's Testimonial '95

'Ernie for England' 1-1 draw at Dale 2003

Good.

Roger Palmer Testimonial of course too. Man City , 1991.