Rotherham friendly on tour today.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another prediction after being beaten by York City this Saturday,

"The lads were jet lagged and found it difficult to acclimatise" :wink:

Another prediction, it won't matter if he plays two different XI's at Bootham Crescent as i'll be seeing double anyway given how much I plan to drink...

Another prediction after being beaten by York City this Saturday,

"The lads were jet lagged and found it difficult to acclimatise" :wink:

Yeah, I see what you mean. It'd be much better if he said:

":censored: me, we're lazy and :censored:. Our season will get no better. Latics fans - don't even bother coming to matches. In fact, fold the club now. We can't do the basics right, and I'm clueless and have no idea what to do about it - the players don't care...actually, neither do I. Relegated by November."

Yeah? :wink:

No, perhaps my point is managers now seem to have stock excuses trawled out after every result which are so predictable.

"We were never at the races".

"That was not acceptable and the players know that" (a phrase used several times during a season).

are just a couple of examples.

One we don't get these days is "the supporters were different class".

No, perhaps my point is managers now seem to have stock excuses trawled out after every result which are so predictable.

"We were never at the races".

"That was not acceptable and the players know that" (a phrase used several times during a season).

are just a couple of examples.

There aren't too many managers who enjoy the media. There again - they suffer, imo, from poor questions.

I covered a match last week and Jim Gannon was excellent. Gave insightful questions insightful answers. Talked beyond the cliched stuff and spoke about football. Was quite refreshing.

Dean Furman says it instead......http://www.oldhamath...2853041,00.html

Interesting to read.

Far too early in our preparation to worry but...

still the same old talk:

of sloppy goals

being up against a big side

that you can see why they are one of the favourites to go up (from league 2)

etc. etc

What I hope to see is a progression and improvement throughout the friendlies so that we are ready for the wendies at home.

Don't panic Pikey!

I think the problem with being overly critical of the phraseology used in post defeat interviews, is that we support a club that gets turned over more times than a cheap whore. Therefore, we're well used to hearing them (the post defeat interviews, not cheap whores...) so they do become a little repetitive.

There's only so many things you can say after a defeat.....

At least if emphasises the most glaringly obvious issue we have - no proven strikers.

I just hope the club have plans to bring in ASAP on return to UK and not just trialist after trialist.

Let's hope the Special One is getting the £20m+ bank transfer sorted to the Etihad as I type!

Interesting to read.

Far too early in our preparation to worry but...

still the same old talk:

of sloppy goals

being up against a big side

that you can see why they are one of the favourites to go up (from league 2)

etc. etc

What I hope to see is a progression and improvement throughout the friendlies so that we are ready for the wendies at home.

Don't panic Pikey!

I know it was just a friendly, but this is one trait that needs eradicating this season, cost us a lot of points last term.

Yeah, I see what you mean. It'd be much better if he said:

":censored: me, we're lazy and :censored:. Our season will get no better. Latics fans - don't even bother coming to matches. In fact, fold the club now. We can't do the basics right, and I'm clueless and have no idea what to do about it - the players don't care...actually, neither do I. Relegated by November."

Yeah? :wink:

Is that a prediction ?..will check it out in December :wink:

According to Matt Chambers, two of the trialists that featured were Portuguese. That's one reason to be out there I guess!

Athletic got through the game, which featured four trialists including two from Portugal, without picking up any injuries.

According to Matt Chambers, two of the trialists that featured were Portuguese. That's one reason to be out there I guess!

Might have been a couple of Portugese waiters from a nearby bar to make up the numbers.