Beyond the Boundary 2

More than open to name suggestions. How about The One Amigo?

Here's a tip: It's a good thing to have lots of pictures, some can't understand simple English comprehension.

Good luck with the project mind, it's not easy trying to get guest writers.

The Beyond the Boundary from the close season when we were in administration is still used as bog reading material in my parents house.....

Why did the fanzine stop in the first place?

Good luck with it, though. Getting people to contribute can be hard work - it was when I used to send newsletters out for OASIS (Although I suppose you could nick stuff off OWTB?).

I would suggest just sending them out electronically to begin with to save on overheads and test popularity...

Edited by JoeP

maybe an online fanzine would be better you can spread editorial deadlines? Then if its popular do a monthly print one full of the best content and some special articles, funny stuff to sell at the ground!

Plus if you do an online one you could bring in video and other rich media content and get people to follow through social networks :)

Personally think it is a very good idea - we miss something like this at Oldham.

PM if this is serious would love to hear more about your ideas.

Edited by Oh Heck C-Beck

A friend of mine does a lot of freelance journalism and as a Liverpool fan got himself a job working for Liverpool's magazine and other things such as The Anfield Wrap which is a an award winning podcast. He is a very intelligent bloke who is the most knowledgeable football fan I know. But the starry eyed overly positive drivel he writes is almost sickening.

Contrast that with Exceeding Good Pies (EGP) the now defunct Rochdale fanzine, which use to write some quite critical things about how the club was run and the performances on the pitch. It shut down because the powers that be at Rochdale ended up refusing anyone at the club permission to speak to EGP. Without the close links of the club it soon shut down.

I would certainly give beyond the boundary 2 a read, but it needs to find a balance between realism and getting and keeping the club on board.

A friend of mine does a lot of freelance journalism and as a Liverpool fan got himself a job working for Liverpool's magazine and other things such as The Anfield Wrap which is a an award winning podcast. He is a very intelligent bloke who is the most knowledgeable football fan I know. But the starry eyed overly positive drivel he writes is almost sickening.

Contrast that with Exceeding Good Pies (EGP) the now defunct Rochdale fanzine, which use to write some quite critical things about how the club was run and the performances on the pitch. It shut down because the powers that be at Rochdale ended up refusing anyone at the club permission to speak to EGP. Without the close links of the club it soon shut down.

I would certainly give beyond the boundary 2 a read, but it needs to find a balance between realism and getting and keeping the club on board.

Why's it have to keep the club on board? Fanzines were always an alternative/independent view that were generally disliked by the clubs (BTB too). We're down to the bear minimum but if we're going to start monitoring what's written to the point where it's not written if the club dislikes it, we might as well give up now.

There's a fine line but we're all in it together at the end of the day and an if there's another way of getting the 'fans' view across that doesn't necessarily tow the line, it's not a bad thing.

Why's it have to keep the club on board? Fanzines were always an alternative/independent view that were generally disliked by the clubs (BTB too). We're down to the bear minimum but if we're going to start monitoring what's written to the point where it's not written if the club dislikes it, we might as well give up now.

There's a fine line but we're all in it together at the end of the day and an if there's another way of getting the 'fans' view across that doesn't necessarily tow the line, it's not a bad thing.

If it is just a group of fans swapping stories and opinions then how is it any different from this website?

If it is just a group of fans swapping stories and opinions then how is it any different from this website?

This is a forum, no actual articles are on here. Personally I think it would be good to have balance though as you have said. You could have one contrib who is more negative and one who is more positive, thus giving balance. If it was to be too positive or to negative, then it could alienate some people.

There's a similarity - this is the only internet forum I write on. There's no other subject as close to my heart that makes me arsed to write bollocks. If there's no alternative view then we might as well all just buy a programme with that logic.

I'd be all for a paper fanzine, BTB was quality.. Too young to appreciate it at the time but I've got masses of my old man's. I'm not advocating a Corney bashing magazine, that would be stupid. but a non-official trake on things would be class.

Would love to see the return of BTB or equivalent, would definitely part with a few quid every home game for it. It could also have benefit for player share, if not a share of any profit then at least some free advertising.

Someone gave me a burnley fanzine from the early 90s recently and despite the age of it and the club involved it was still a decent read.

As long as previous experience is not a requirement i'd be happy to try my hand at an/a few article/s. Not that i have any idea what to try writing about probably better if i was told what kind of article you would like/covering and i would try my best. Be nice to get a bit of a tradition back at the club that most other teams seems to have.