• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unless most latics fans watched notts county more than twice last year, how can you say he is past it?

he may have had few injuries but they also changed manager 3 times which may be the reason he was dropped, it could have been a personality clash with the new staff.

I can cope with a loss of form but hes had plenty of injuries last season and hes getting on a bit. Soccerbase says he got 11 goals last season. Maybe past it is a bit too much but hes only going to get older so while he could probably do a jon for us with all his baggage is really worth it. When i have see him the last few times he looks to me like his legs are starting to go...

The Hardy story is something along the lines of Hughes grabbing Hardy by the troat and fing and bliding at him after a match. Something along those lines i cant remeber it exactly

If he was to be a bit-part player wage demands wouldn't be an issue. As the main striker it's a high risk transfer.

He played 28 league games last year. He's slowed down significantly, he suffers from injuries, and I refuse to believe he his attitude to both the game and life in general has altered much.

If he was 33/34 I'd say push it further, but at 36 and on the wane I say leave it be.

I refuse to believe he his attitude to both the game and life in general has altered much.

Supposedly given up drinking to focus on his career.

Or he was going to try to give up drinking to focus on his career.

Heard this towards back end of last season.

Gets on high horse

He should of done that in 2004

Gets off

(Gets on Razza's high horse)

He waits till he's 36 to do that?

All I know is that if I had a chance of a propsperous and lucrative football career I wouldn't touch a drop of alchohol/drugs and i'd keep my diet pretty damn spot on. There's time for all being nutritionally irresponsible (if you like) when your career is over and you can confidently say that you've given it your very best.

(Gets off)

Edited by PhilStarbucksSilkySkills

(Gets on Razza's high horse)

He waits till he's 36 to do that?

All I know is that if I had a chance of a propsperous and lucrative football career I wouldn't touch a drop of alchohol/drugs and i'd keep my diet pretty damn spot on. There's time for all being nutritionally irresponsible (if you like) when your career is over and you can confidently say that you've given it your very best.

(Gets off)

Whilst at Latics, didn't Denis Irwin used to drink orange juice when he was in the pub with the rest of the team? Look what happened to him.*

* - it is also relevant that he was a bloody brilliant player.

Whilst at Latics, didn't Denis Irwin used to drink orange juice when he was in the pub with the rest of the team? Look what happened to him.*

Orange juice! Damn it, that was my missing ingredient*

* 1 of them anyway

I think the difference between a great player and an adequate one can be a fine one. So often it comes down to attitude and how a player chooses to apply themselves. The difference between being a regular boozer (or even a regular casual drinker) and being teetotal could be very significant.

If you behave like a typical sunday league footballer then there's a good chance that's all you'll ever be. And I've seen some very technically gifted players at that level.

Edited by PhilStarbucksSilkySkills

Tbh I don't want this turd anywhere near my club again, especially after his assault on Alan Hardy and parting shot at Corney over supposed monies owed. He's a Grade A bellend, and i'd rather go with kids upfront than him.

100% agree

Surely Corney wouldn't have him within 1000000000mls of the training ground.