Trialist Striker

IMHO. Average goals per game, can be misleading, if you look closer at some strikers records, you will see that they've scored the bulk of their goals for one club, that they were happy at, with a much higher goals per game ratio. We might be the club for him that he scores 20 for!

Strikers who score goals for any and all clubs they play for, are probably out of our reach financially. (I'm hoping Dan Taylor will be this player for us)

If he can contribute to team performance and bring other players into play and provide cover for say Simmo in the link role. Just saying we could do worse.

from what ive heard this trialist could do a job as a centre forward or on the wing but not a goalscorer , eccleston is certainly not what we need. Get a goalscorer in dickov

Edited by 4froale

Eccleston came on as 2nd half sub v Tottenham in Baltimore

Seems to have played whole game v Torotno and set up one and missed one.

And played v AS Roma

Played v Fulham back end of last season

Would be suprised for us, more likely a Championship side.

Mega coup if we can lets hope he is not another that thinks he is a cut above, if it happens

I wouldn't call a player who has only scored 5 in 37 appearances on loan in league 1 a coup Singe

IMHO. Average goals per game, can be misleading, if you look closer at some strikers records, you will see that they've scored the bulk of their goals for one club, that they were happy at, with a much higher goals per game ratio. We might be the club for him that he scores 20 for!

Strikers who score goals for any and all clubs they play for, are probably out of our reach financially. (I'm hoping Dan Taylor will be this player for us)

If he can contribute to team performance and bring other players into play and provide cover for say Simmo in the link role. Just saying we could do worse.

I think that's a very valid point. I think it was Twis who also said that if he can be a player who provides genuine assists; then he would become just as valuable a player as the person on the end of them.

If he's playing ahead of Simpson; but lays on chances that Simpson takes; he's doing a good job. If he's laying on chances for the likes of Furman, or M'Chamgama, Croft or Wes, then again - he's doing a good job. He doesn't have to putting them away himself to effect us scoring goals....

That said - a striker who looks to be in the box 9 times out of 10 to get on the end of things is still, by the looks of it, a priority.

Could be Dan Taylor? Might be Matt Smith? But - PD could still pull a rabbitt out of his hat and bring in that missing link

mk dons are interested , we could give wednesday an nudge and try to get him on a season long loan , they did take our best player after all our player of the season for two years in a row.

Edited by 4froale