Sheff Wed Match

You'll enjoy the food, top notch , one of the best around, some of the courses are smaller than others, but great quality.

got to disagree - way over priced and ordinary at best.

last time (and only time) i have been for food which was some time last year i had their homemade sausages.

£12.50 - 2 sausages on a lump of mash with gravy. I know thats what to expect with that kind of dish, but the sausages were nowt to shout about and just not worth that sort of money.

You can do it cheaper by buying some potatoes, sausages and veg from tescos and cooking it yourself.

Had it been £6-8 i may have a different view - just think none of the dishes are briliant and the food overall is way over priced given he actual quality.

Anyway, this is a football forum not a cookery ranting forum! Here's to our 3-1 win tomorrow, simmo, slew and crofty!

Two contrasting reviews, I hope you enjoy it when you go.

Thought I'd have a look at some others bearing this in mind, so here they are from trip advisor, some excellent like mine, some similar to shefflatic

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g528791-d732186-Reviews-The_White_Hart_Inn_at_Lydgate-Oldham_Greater_Manchester_England.html

got to disagree - way over priced and ordinary at best.

last time (and only time) i have been for food which was some time last year i had their homemade sausages.

£12.50 - 2 sausages on a lump of mash with gravy. I know thats what to expect with that kind of dish, but the sausages were nowt to shout about and just not worth that sort of money.

You can do it cheaper by buying some potatoes, sausages and veg from tescos and cooking it yourself.

Had it been £6-8 i may have a different view - just think none of the dishes are briliant and the food overall is way over priced given he actual quality.

Anyway, this is a football forum not a cookery ranting forum! Here's to our 3-1 win tomorrow, simmo, slew and crofty!

Only so much you can do with a sausage and mash IMO.

Chees pal, table booked there.. As it happens, I didn't even ask about the game... Hopefully it will be on but I've not actually eaten there before and £40 a couple for 5 courses is a quality offer.. Ta

How was the white hart?

How was the white hart?

Really decent. Melon soup, a black pudding topped with an apple puree starter, Red Mullet with a balsamid reduction and cheese and coffee for 'afters'... The meal deal was limited,in terms of choice and portions were relatively small but visaully and taste wise, it was spot on. Well worth the £20 each that it worked out at.. Didn't see the game but wasn't all that arsed to be fair.. Roll on Saturday. Cheers again

Really decent. Melon soup, a black pudding topped with an apple puree starter, Red Mullet with a balsamid reduction and cheese and coffee for 'afters'... The meal deal was limited,in terms of choice and portions were relatively small but visaully and taste wise, it was spot on. Well worth the £20 each that it worked out at.. Didn't see the game but wasn't all that arsed to be fair.. Roll on Saturday. Cheers again

Glad you enjoyed it.

call me a cheapskate, but they've even done this on Valentines Day, and it's a good place to take mrs sidg then.

:first: