Letter Re: New Stand and Nimby reaction

On a serious note, i work with 1 of the nimby's from the street backing onto our carpark (carlton way?) and she says the residents are happy with the plans in principal but want some issues clearing 1st such as will it be open 24 hours and so on. I have also been told the main stand is a listed building which is why the changing rooms and shop etc aren't moving to the broadway stand

I have also been told the main stand is a listed building which is why the changing rooms and shop etc aren't moving to the broadway stand

I think work can still be done on a listed property, it's just that a different set of processes have to followed in order to get permission.

I think work can still be done on a listed property, it's just that a different set of processes have to followed in order to get permission.

Need to get listed building consent but it normally means old inefficient materials would have to be used and the style of the building would need to be retained. Seems stupid for it to have been given listed status though unless it was an attempt to protect the club.

Why would the main stand be a listed building - it's not a piece of beautiful architecture or an historical place, it's just a :censored:hole - get it knocked down and rebuilt.

I had a look on the register of listed buildings and couldn't find it. I think the reason no further changes are being made solely rests at the 'money' door, which is probably the biggest reason of all.

I'd be amazed it was indeed listed - really amazed, but that said, wasn't a multi-storey car park in Oldham listed and couldn't knocked down?

The main stand has all sorts of electrical wires attached to the outside of the building, above the ticket office, and they're not even behind any form of trunking. The fire escape stairs move & flex when people go on them, and the door frames have bloody great gaps bewteen them and the bricks........and that's just the outside.

It needs dropping and starting again, so the whole host of issues and problems it has currently can be re-done and corrected with a new stand.

We just need a Russian or Arab to give us a spare 5 million or so

Why would the main stand be a listed building - it's not a piece of beautiful architecture or an historical place, it's just a :censored:hole - get it knocked down and rebuilt.

The Park Hill flats in Sheffield are listed buildings

1108298561_e468476a69.jpg

and I know what I'd rather have overlooking my house

It would be good if in his next video blog SC could clear up or at least shed a little light on the plans for the Main Stand, changing rooms etc.

I'm probably in a small minority of people who actually like the Main Stand in an olde mill type of way. Refurbishment is the way to go for me.

I'm in agreement, needs renovating but adds character to the ground

I have heard from a good source that it is 'listed' but yes it probably is more the facade, and just because a building is listed doesn't mean you can't gut it or indeed demolish it, depending on the Grade of listing.

The old Radclyffe school building was listed, but indeed that was demolished after a couple of arson attempts and god knows what else...