same old mistakes

I'm waiting a while before judging whether Dickov has improved/gone backwards from last year. But if it's obvious a fair way into the season that he hasn't learnt from mistakes made in previous years and is leading us to a position that's similar to/worse than previous seasons then I'd think it'd be worth taking a gamble on a different manager.

IMO success this year is more important to PD's future managerial reputation than it would be to our future club stature. Keeping us treading water year on year is alright but it won't represent success to many other chairmen who might be thinking of employing him.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

This post, and also what joe said on the previous page are absolutley bang for me.

This is not a reaction post to losing two games against some good oppo, as others have said it's the manner. We are small 3rd division club, we will get beat quite a lot, I can accept that to certain degree. However there is much wider issue's. Dickov seems a geniunely nice bloke, he seems able to attract some decent players to the club, but does he get the best out of them? Tactically he is so one dimensional it's unture. That's ok though because he learning his trade, well he's had over two years to watch football never mind all the managers he played under; and two years in his one sub is stick the big man on. Predicatble. We must be one easiset teams to scout. How many leads have we given away under his tenture? So how is he motivating the players? Why can we only play at a good tempo for sixty mins, dickov said about ten days ago the players where breaking all their own fitness levels recorded from the previous pre-season. An then against sheff weds after an hour we're fooked. Again.

Im sick to the back teeth of we're skint, what do you expect. Well Corney keeps finding fees for playes; Ciask and Montano spring to mind.

Corney is very astute, he runs a tight ship but look back and every manager he's had, he's backed. This is the key for me, has dickov in his time at the club got the absloute best out of his squad and his COMPETITIVE BUDGET? Does he look like he has progressed as a manager? Has he impproved any of the players, in particular any of the kids?

People talk about giving managers time but are we honestly saying that two and a bit years isn't enough time to be seeing improvments, or the side and dickov to be learning from their mistakes. I don't expect us to go up, but there is no way with how he has been backed and the time he's had in the job, that we shoud be struggling as we have previously, an i suspect we will again this year.

I've said before when critcising players or the management i don't want them to fail. On the contrary i'd love to see dickov do well particularly as he seems a decent sort. This is his squad an you do need ten games to get a feel of where your season is going. I hope he proves me wrong and makes this post look silly with a top half finish. An above all i'd love it if we're not highlighting issues that we saw last season and the one before....

Sadly, I doubt it.

This post and the preceding on from 'UpTheLatics' are definitely bang on for me - it's not about losing to the likes of MK Dons and Sheff Wednesday - it's about the attitude and approach to the game that is still way off what it should be. I subscribe to the 'it's too early to judge' school of thought and will, along with the vast majority, give the team more time to settle and establish a rhythm that shows what we are about.

But...and there's always a but - the early signs are somewhat worrying - both from the players and the management team. Let's see how the next few games unravel - then we will be in a far better position to judge.

I am turning up on Tuesday evening - I trust that the team will too. :mainstand:

but what was the difference between him and Jones? Jones roused his side both on the touchline and in the changing rooms. Can Dickov do that? Can he really get the best and extra from his players? No. He's proved that already.

Thats just simply not true. The difference was jones has championship quality players to change it with. Feck all to do with rousing speaches, his championship quality players werent firing, so he took them off and brought some more on.