one last chance

I don't want to see Dickov leave….yet, but i'm glad that a growing number of Latics fans are finally beginning to see his many short-comings, despite his brilliance at PR. For me the stats show his managerial ability - 27 wins in 94 League games, shows how patient the Latics board and fans have been. Saturday will be a tough game, Pompey have somehow put together a decent side then it's Donny, Scunny, Brentford and Coventry. Can't see where the win is coming from….

Let's see whee we are after the Coventry game, it's not just a bad start to the season, if we look back further the poor run goes back to the turn of the year. This calendar year we've won only 6 games and scored 20 goals in 25 games. The consensus when Dickov took over was he needed time, he's been given time, patience and probably more money at times than the budget has stated. If he wasn't so manipulative in getting the fans on side so early, he'd already be gone imo. 108 competitive games is an eternity for most failing managers...

I'm not saying Dickov should be sacked, but it's important we can debate his short-comings without being referred to as doom and gloomers. Even Joe during the good times had his failings highlighted, that's what Beyond The Boundary and The pub was for...

Edited by oafcprozac

Reacting so early in a season for any club has always been nuts. Reacting this early in a season where we're most likely not in a 'league title or bust' situation is the next step after nuts.

Don't think anyone could say that what happened during the 90mins last night was superb but there are players amongst our attacking line still getting fitness & bedding in so I'm hopeful of improvements there. I've always thought that you get a good idea of where your squad is after the first half dozen games of a season and then you should only really look at a league table after the Christmas period with your family around you wearing nice new jumpers.

I don't want to see Dickov leave….yet, but i'm glad that a growing number of Latics fans are finally beginning to see his many short-comings, despite his brilliance at PR. For me the stats show his managerial ability - 27 wins in 94 League games, shows how patient the Latics board and fns have been. Saturday will be a tough game, Pompey have somehow put together a decent side then it's Donny, Scunny, Brentford and Coventry. Can't see where the win is coming from….

Let's see whee we are after the Coventry game, it's not just a bad start to the season, if we look back further the poor run goes back to the turn of the year. This calendar year we've won only 6 games and scored 20 goals in 25 games. The consensus when Dickov took over was he needed time, he's been given time, patience and probably more money at times than the budget has stated.

I'm not saying Dickov should be sacked, but it's important we can debate his short-comings without being referred to as doom and gloomers. Even Joe during the good times had his failings highlighted, that's what Beyond The Boundary and The pub was for...

yep i agree prozac,i posted about getting rid of PD last season and got mullered for it.

TBH its not all his fault,he has an average team and less than average budget but in these situations you find out the ordinary managers from the gems,PD falls into the 1st cat for many many reasons.

I know i will get slated for this, but i think if the performance and reslt doesn`t improve against stevenage then we should look to replace pd as soon as possible.Barring the first few months our performances and results have been dire, i know we dont have any dosh but we are not alone in this nor are we the most skint.I don`t have a clue who we could replace him with but surely we could and should be playing better than we do given the calibre of players we have. I feel this season could be our last in this division unless big changes are made. I know pd is a genuine nice guy and can relate to the fans but i also think that this is the reason many latics fans are not demanding him to be sacked, as we have made no progress whatsoever in the three years he has been here and some if not most of our displays are pretty much abysmal. like i said, feel free to slate me for this opinion.

So sack him and you dont have any idea's who we can replace him with?

Priceless!

Edited by lancy lad

Depends on how you look at it, should PD be given time at the start of the season or do we count his form of 2 wins in 20? I don't think we should get rid 'yet' but given another 5 games, if he doesn't win 2 of them

The best time to replace a manager is when there's a better manager available.

So who's available? Who would come to Latics? Would they improve us?

Or do you stick with Dickov, as with Royle? What potential does time and stability bring?

2 wins in 20.... I think there are a few managers in and out of work who could better that.

I don't think we should get rid yet, but I think he needs to win 2 of the next 5 at least. I like him, I want us to stick with him, but I am not sure if hes particularly good.

Just like Rigsby, I posted last season (notably after Brentford away) about PD's shortcomings, and got mullered by 90 percent of this board, including one of the most outspoken critics of him right now!!

He's still making the same mistakes.

Why is it that everyone else see's the mistakes yet PD is none the wiser and is so reluctant to change his style.

It's not rocket science.

priceless?

So sack him and you dont have any idea's who we can replace him with?

Priceless!

no, i have no idea who can replace him, but things are not getting any better and since the turn of the year things are getting worse, i just think a change now could be better than waiting until we are 10 points off safety. the consensus was that we all thought we had a good first eleven, wes apart, so far our top eleven look no better than last year, add to the fact that were gonna get some more injuries and suspensions then things are gonna get even worse. The players we have we should be better than this, after 2 seasons we should have at least a style of play, be it slick passing or long ball or whatever, ATM we have nothing.

Just like Rigsby, I posted last season (notably after Brentford away) about PD's shortcomings, and got mullered by 90 percent of this board, including one of the most outspoken critics of him right now!!

He's still making the same mistakes.

Probably because the board wanted to give him time to see what happened and not jump to conclusions as that point.

yep i agree prozac,i posted about getting rid of PD last season and got mullered for it.

TBH its not all his fault,he has an average team and less than average budget but in these situations you find out the ordinary managers from the gems,PD falls into the 1st cat for many many reasons.

You also kept saying we were going bust this summer what happened?