For those wanting to compare and contrast Dickov's record

This out of work manager has quite good stats; Can you guess who he is ?

Team Nat From To Record G W D L Win % Motherwell 14 October 1998 18 September 2001 123 41 31 51 33.33% Preston North End 29 August 2004 2 June 2006 101 45 35 21 44.55% Derby County 2 June 2006 26 November 2007 69 31 14 24 43.63% Nottingham Forest 31 December 2008 12 June 2011 126 53 36 37 42.06% Total 419 170 116 133 40.57%

Billy "Will be on megbucks, way out of our league" Davies?

Billy "Will be on megbucks, way out of our league" Davies?

Not suggesting we move for him Singe,I like others want to see PD improve his percentages, just mentioning such a good track record and he's been out of work for over a year now.

Edited by BP1960

Not suggesting we move for him Singe,I like others want to see PD improve his percentages, just mentioning such a good track record and he's been out of work for over a year now.

and in a higher league too.

But of course, a much greater budget

I wonder if he would consider such a drop to us, theoritical if PD went.

I'd love to see a backlash to this week from the team.

Matt chambers has reported that PD was fuming and "a few home truths were told in there"

First mention of Joe Royle and you're all trying to suppress your collective erection but as shown in this thread he didn't get it right within a couple of seasons. The entertainment might have been better (the first third of last season aside) but the end result was the same, avoiding relegation/mediocrity. Let's just stick with a manager for once and give them our backing. Swapping manager every one or two seasons has gotten us nowhere. We have a young dedicated manager who seems to be able to sell this club pretty well and bring in decent players. Anyone thinking hence we must have a decent budget to play with is living in a dream world. Beyond the first 11 we have maybe half a subs bench of real seasoned first team pros, beyond that it's all kids with barely a season of experience between them. I don't think i've ever seen our squad this thin but Dickov has made the choice to have a first 11 that can really compete and put faith in the kids coming in and plugging holes when we need them. The budget must be pretty small to only sustain the numbers we have. Despite the poor performances against MK Dons and Walsall I still think the Sheff W game shows we have the quality to create chances even against a team from the Championship when we have a full team. Dickov should get the full season minimum, unless it's a total disaster and we're bottom and cut adrift which I very much doubt will happen.

The reaction on here to our start is pathetic, we've played 2 games and got one point. The maximum we could really have hoped for was 3 because let's face it, MK Dons away is pretty much a write off. The grass is not always greener as we've found out again and again. If we brought a new manager in you'd get the same old cliche "can't wait to get on the training field, the hard work starts here bla bla bla" and people would be salivating at the mouth about how impressed they are by the things he's saying just like every time we appoint a new manager. One month later and no change in performances or results and we're in the same situation with the pressure slowly building on the board to act. Does this really sound that appealing? Maybe just once we could as fans back a manager long term instead of happily accepting and actually perpetuating this bollocks system of repeatedly gambling on a new man coming in (who's probably failed countless times at other clubs previously) and hoping they will deliver instant success.

<snippy snip>.

The reaction on here to our start is pathetic, we've played 2 games and got one point. The maximum we could really have hoped for was 3 because let's face it, MK Dons away is pretty much a write off. The grass is not always greener as we've found out again and again.

<snip snip>

Amen.

It's like it's May, with 2 games to go and we're 6 adrift at the foot of the table, not the start of a new season.

Time people, give it time.....

First mention of Joe Royle and you're all trying to suppress your collective erection but as shown in this thread he didn't get it right within a couple of seasons. The entertainment might have been better (the first third of last season aside) but the end result was the same, avoiding relegation/mediocrity. Let's just stick with a manager for once and give them our backing. Swapping manager every one or two seasons has gotten us nowhere. We have a young dedicated manager who seems to be able to sell this club pretty well and bring in decent players. Anyone thinking hence we must have a decent budget to play with is living in a dream world. Beyond the first 11 we have maybe half a subs bench of real seasoned first team pros, beyond that it's all kids with barely a season of experience between them. I don't think i've ever seen our squad this thin but Dickov has made the choice to have a first 11 that can really compete and put faith in the kids coming in and plugging holes when we need them. The budget must be pretty small to only sustain the numbers we have. Despite the poor performances against MK Dons and Walsall I still think the Sheff W game shows we have the quality to create chances even against a team from the Championship when we have a full team. Dickov should get the full season minimum, unless it's a total disaster and we're bottom and cut adrift which I very much doubt will happen.

The reaction on here to our start is pathetic, we've played 2 games and got one point. The maximum we could really have hoped for was 3 because let's face it, MK Dons away is pretty much a write off. The grass is not always greener as we've found out again and again. If we brought a new manager in you'd get the same old cliche "can't wait to get on the training field, the hard work starts here bla bla bla" and people would be salivating at the mouth about how impressed they are by the things he's saying just like every time we appoint a new manager. One month later and no change in performances or results and we're in the same situation with the pressure slowly building on the board to act. Does this really sound that appealing? Maybe just once we could as fans back a manager long term instead of happily accepting and actually perpetuating this bollocks system of repeatedly gambling on a new man coming in (who's probably failed countless times at other clubs previously) and hoping they will deliver instant success.

/\

This!

Not advocating getting rid of Dickov just yet, but it is pretty worrying to see the pre-season optimism draining away three games in.

Interestingly, in his most recent interview he echo's most of the fans frustrations, including the need to stop the senseless back passes, cut out individual errors and avoid overplaying the tippy tappy football. He also wants more attacking action with the wingers heavily involved.

Hope he can get this through to the players.

Interestingly, in his most recent interview he echo's most of the fans frustrations, including the need to stop the senseless back passes, cut out individual errors and avoid overplaying the tippy tappy football. He also wants more attacking action with the wingers heavily involved.

As regular reader and contributer to this board I bloody hope he's not looking on here for tactical advise if thats the case then Dickov Out!

It's ok having wingers, but we need someone in the box to take advantage.

At the moment we've Simpson who's more interested in playing with his back to goal and Slew who hasn't played 30 games in his career.

I would hope that Dickov is banging down Corney's door stating the need to bring in an experienced striker cos if he's not and this is the squad we're going with, then we're in for a battle and sub 3000 gates come Autumn.

Stats for super Jim Gannon?

They were around 44% when we appointed Penney.

He probably got similar at Motherwell, but not Posh and certainly not Vale.

It will have dipped sharply in the first part of his return to County. But I think they ended last season with a run of 8 wins and a draw in 10 home games. Not so hot on the road though, although 2 wins in 3 games this season.

As County manager he improve their league position every season he was there. Including last season where their slide down the Conference was only reversed when he returned to the club.

Edited by opinions4u

It's not the fact we're only two league games and a Cup game in that's the problem here. Can anyone not understand that as a fanbase we probably possess one of the most frustrated. Anyone thinking fans are going to sit and clap their troubles away is deluded. The fanbase, or at least the paying supporters, need a release and it's not happening.

That is not to say it is fair to demand a spectacular season. We are all clear what Dickov is working with, but he's not the only one. And he's got more than a lot would like to believe. Simon Corney is a shrewd man and there isn't a chance he would whisper certain phrases without knowing there was a slight chance it could happen. We're well used to not having money to BUY players, but the wage bill is as competitive as it can be.

How would people describe Dickov's two years thus far? The only reason why some are backing so heavily at present is because it is a new season. It's odd how that 'fresh start' can change people's opinions. New season yet same woes. Same characteristics, same idle manager. Those who expect supporters to sit by as we concede some quite frankly appalling and embarrassing goals are again deluded. Dickov is refusing to budge on Tarkowski when it it blatantly obvious he's struggling. He also refuses to change tack, change his style. He backs his players to the hilt and there are too many in a comfort zone.

For two years we sat through some very poor football, very poor performances, and some very poor management. Are we really that shocked to see alot - I'm half and half - criticising Dickov? Frustrations are boiling over. There are some can see the clear overlap from last season into this one. Slow starts, meek home performances, flat tempos (barring the opening half hour against Sheff Wednesday - more motivation agains supposedly superior opposition?), and ultimately a lack of variation from the management team?

The fact Walsall were able to impose themselves for so long is a warning sign. The only thing I was pleased with, barring the booing at full time, is that fans are going to the correct place to voice their concerns. Because that's what they are - they're concerns, and they're, in my estimation, very much justifiable. Dickov warrants real criticism and I can't work out why there are some who seem content. I want the very best for this club and I'm not seeing it.

I will be there on Saturday and the one after that. I won't ever get on the backs of the players. That's unhelpful. But my patience wears extremely thin. I can't defend a man when I see nothing worth defending. What do you see, LeylandLatic? Apart from the budget excuse (because that's what it is, imo). I don't mean to appear critical of you - I respect your opinion, I do, but I am genuinely curious as to what you see worth defending Dickov for.

I'm behind Dickov. I think he's got good players to work with, but if the results fail to come he's not only facing a tough crowd, but also a ruthless Chairman who will get rid of him.

As regular reader and contributer to this board I bloody hope he's not looking on here for tactical advise if thats the case then Dickov Out!

In my long experience some managers don't know as much about the game as some fans, football is a simple game over complicated by a plethora of tactics.

I thinks it's good he's seeing what most see, and hopefully can put things right.

Edited by BP1960