coventry interested in speaking to PD

One name I heard mentioned on Saturday was David Eyres, he's apparently said he'd want to become a manager one day and is currently working as an agent meaning he'll have a few contacts. Though whether he'd have us playing the right sort of Football I wouldn't know......

Can he still play left wing ?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One name I heard mentioned on Saturday was David Eyres, he's apparently said he'd want to become a manager one day and is currently working as an agent meaning he'll have a few contacts. Though whether he'd have us playing the right sort of Football I wouldn't know......

Isn't he Chris Taylor's agent?

Oh yeah,Reid would be amazing.....didn't he break everyone's hearts last season when he took away Warren Feeney .......our goal machine.

He obviously knows a good player when he sees one!!!

I would place his managerial record and pedigree at a significantly higher level than the other two.

So if we did get rid then wouldn't cost us either?

Not quite - I believe how it works is that's it's classed as a 1 year rolling deal - i.e - he always has a 1 year contract until it is broken.

We loose him to another club - we are settled at the rate of 1 year left on his contract

We sack him - we have to pay him off for the 1 year deal

Not quite - I believe how it works is that's it's classed as a 1 year rolling deal - i.e - he always has a 1 year contract until it is broken.

We loose him to another club - we are settled at the rate of 1 year left on his contract

We sack him - we have to pay him off for the 1 year deal

If that's true then it was a :censored:ing stupid decision as getting rid of him at any point would cost the club a year's salary. Yes, we'd get compensation based on a one year contract IF someone else wanted him but, given our recent track record of managers, why the :censored: would we bank on that?!

Saying that, I'll be glad if it is true if Coventry are genuinely interested in him. They won't be though; why would they?

If that's true then it was a :censored:ing stupid decision as getting rid of him at any point would cost the club a year's salary. Yes, we'd get compensation based on a one year contract IF someone else wanted him but, given our recent track record of managers, why the :censored: would we bank on that?!

Saying that, I'll be glad if it is true if Coventry are genuinely interested in him. The won't be though; why would thy?

I get the impression it's weighted in our favour. We get rid of him he gets the rest of the season (or possibly to June 30th) if someone comes in for him we get a year compensation. It would be easily doable I reckon.