Furman - African Nations Cup

Except that's when the African cup of Nations is.

Think we should really be looking to get him on a longer deal.

Plus possibly a marketing opportunity.

Starts on 19th January. Transfer can be done and dusted by then.

Final on the 10th February, so if we don't flog him he can help our FA Cup run to the semi-finals.

Edited by opinions4u

Possibly except it would be unusual for someone to sign a player prior to the African cup of nations. Especially when they can wait 6 months and get him on a free.

Not really players have been known to have been sold and bought or the contracts agreed while playing at the Euro championships and world cup.

Not really players have been known to have been sold and bought or the contracts agreed while playing at the Euro championships and world cup.

1.) They aren't the African cup of Nations (stating the obvious I know but that was my point)

2.) Those events take place in the summer so it's a different transfer window. i.e. You can often get those players on a free transfer as opposed to having to wait 6 months to do so.

If anybody wants a South Africa shirt, Lovell Soccer are dishing them out at £29.99 a pop. I'm sure the Latics club shop will add a number and Furman's name if required. 5% cashback via PlayerShare WebShop.

http://www.spendandraise.com/xtra/shop/productlist.php?q=South+Africa+soccer+shirt&search=Search&rb=#

Starts on 19th January. Transfer can be done and dusted by then.

Final on the 10th February, so if we don't flog him he can help our FA Cup run to the semi-finals.

Think that they normally join up with their countries about 2 weeks before it starts?

Anyway, don't you recieve a bit of money if their in the national squad?