Baxter happy to stay at BP

What loan period...........it's a 4 month contract as he's a free agent isn't he?

For all Dickov's obvious failings the vast majority of the players he has brought in have tended to 'Love it' at the club. He must create a feel good factor around the club and training ground.

All we need now is to climb the league, win a few games, score a few goals and all the negatives will be forgotten.

I would try to tie Baxter down for the season at least, he's shown already that he has something different to offer. When he's fully fit he's going to be a real handful!!

if we can sign Taylor and Brown on 2 year contracts why not Baxter who comes with a much higher reputation, wants to saty and has already shown hunger and ability.

get him signed, now. stuff this short term bollocks which, i can't help thinking, is a major reason for us constantly stuggling.

stuff this short term bollocks which, i can't help thinking, is a major reason for us constantly stuggling.

Do you not remember the mess we were left in by Penney's signings? How much did they cost the club to pay off?

No. A club in our position needs to be more cautious with contracts. We will be better off for it in the long run.

Baxter is still a little bit of an unkown quantity. But I think if he continues his form and proves his fitness within the next month or so he'll be given a contract to the end of the season with maybe an option for another year at the end (if he'll accept that). He has the potential to be a huge asset for us, so I think Corney will paying special attention to his contract situation.

Do you not remember the mess we were left in by Penney's signings? How much did they cost the club to pay off?

No. A club in our position needs to be more cautious with contracts. We will be better off for it in the long run.

Baxter is still a little bit of an unkown quantity. But I think if he continues his form and proves his fitness within the next month or so he'll be given a contract to the end of the season with maybe an option for another year at the end (if he'll accept that). He has the potential to be a huge asset for us, so I think Corney will paying special attention to his contract situation.

Correct he does have the potential to be a huge asset for us. At times in the hour he's played he's looked in a different league to the other 21 on the park. Given he's on a 4 month contract by January he probably will be. If he's to become that asset then we need to tie him up now.

It's great to hear that he's happy here and I hope it stays that way and he keeps performing, but...

It's only been a week and a bit that he's been here! I'd be amazed if he still wants to be here in 4 months if he does fulfill his widely regarded potential and if things go the other way I'm not sure either him or the club would want the contract to be extended.

It would be great if everything worked out but I think there's a long way to go before talking about a longer deal.

Would I be right in thinking that, because he's under 24, then so long as we offer him a contract we'll be entitled to a fee if he moves in January?

I'm not sure, but I would expect someone you sign for merely 4 months is unlikely to oblige anyone to much of a fee, if any. A tribunal would look at how much time you had spent nurturing the player.