That's as bad as it gets

Apart from first 5 and last 5 mins it was terrible. No shots again apart from a few headers in the last few minutes. Another opposition who offered little but will see it as an easy 3 points.

We have good players but they appear to have little idea or direction. This is down to dickov! Again he spent half the game shouting at the 4th official for meaningless decisions.

If Corney was at the game today watching that then I think his time may be up, if not this weekend then definatly if we lose next week.

Apart from first 5 and last 5 mins it was terrible. No shots again apart from a few headers in the last few minutes. Another opposition who offered little but will see it as an easy 3 points.

We have good players but they appear to have little idea or direction. This is down to dickov! Again he spent half the game shouting at the 4th official for meaningless decisions.

If Corney was at the game today watching that then I think his time may be up, if not this weekend then definatly if we lose next week.

Corney should order him to watch from the main stand against Coventry and see it how the fans see it, another advantage is he can't argue with the 4th official from there.

First 30 mins was reasonably promising. Stupid mistake by Mvoto led to their goal and after that we were clueless.

2nd half; no fight, no passion certainly no football, just lumped it down the field where surprise, surprise the 6 foot 5 Brentford defenders dealt with it. Smith was brought on to match the players to the tactics and we had a five minute barrage at the end but frankly it was more thn we deserved and Brentford would have been kicking themselves if they had given us a point

I like Dickov and think the long term view is right BUT there is something wrong when the players don't appear to listen to instructions and I think the writing is on the wall

His instructions though mostly lead to insipid, directionless football with players terrified to trust their attacking instincts. No wonder the players are pissed off but they're not as pissed off as the fans. Reactionist comment, but it is sounding like his tight bunch of players, no longer trust him, his tactics, his judgement or his ability to send a team out to win football matches and increasingly neither do the fans….

Penney was hounded out yet finished round about the same place in the league and won as many matches over a season, Dickov is a master Spin Doctor..perhaps a career in Politics awaits?

I can't fathom how he can arrange such a decent, mid table plus standard of team and not get anything out of them.

There are clubs with worse quality players than our own making chances, scoring goals and being more successful than we are. Its not that we're lacking quality because Croft, Baxter and Derbyshire are better than this league and Montano has shown glimpses of Championship ability too. Yet goals can't be scored and barely any chances created. The only reasonable explanation is that Dickov is uninspiring and doesn't help at all off the pitch at training.

I would be calling for his head had I a replacement in store but I can't think of anybody that is established and would like to come here even with the level of players at disposal; he's manipulated us to feel some sort of sympathy and optimism towards him but that can only last a certain amount of drab matches until Corney disposes of him.

Not really Latics related, but if you're watching Birmingham you'll know that this isn't as bad as it gets!

Just proves how reliant Lee Clark was on the goals of Jordan Rhodes at Huddersfield. He doesn't have anybody in Rhodes class at Birmingham and their shoddy, dull performances prove it. Only 8 goals so far this season for them...

I can't fathom how he can arrange such a decent, mid table plus standard of team and not get anything out of them.

There are clubs with worse quality players than our own making chances, scoring goals and being more successful than we are. Its not that we're lacking quality because Croft, Baxter and Derbyshire are better than this league and Montano has shown glimpses of Championship ability too. Yet goals can't be scored and barely any chances created. The only reasonable explanation is that Dickov is uninspiring and doesn't help at all off the pitch at training.

I would be calling for his head had I a replacement in store but I can't think of anybody that is established and would like to come here even with the level of players at disposal; he's manipulated us to feel some sort of sympathy and optimism towards him but that can only last a certain amount of drab matches until Corney disposes of him.

The whole 'who would we get in' is a bit daft to me, plenty of out of work managers, plenty of punts who could potentially pay off... Enough quality at the club to see us pushing, Dickov gets em in, fair play, he does :censored: all with em....

Least people are waking up

The whole 'who would we get in' is a bit daft to me, plenty of out of work managers, plenty of punts who could potentially pay off... Enough quality at the club to see us pushing, Dickov gets em in, fair play, he does :censored: all with em....

Least people are waking up

Absolutely.

I knew this Brentford match would be the decider for a few of us fans and it's turned out that way.

I couldn't see the point of playing Simpson higher up than Derbyshire and then hoofing the ball up to him........all he did was bounce off their central defenders with half-arsed attempts and then sat on the floor with his arms spread because he didn't get a free kick/penalty.

If that was the game plan then Smith should have started.....at least he tried and he was crowded out with three defenders.

Having said that, I've come away somewhat depressed and after a lot of thought (well.......two minutes) can't think of a single positive point.

I suppose we gave it a go late on, switching to a 2-4-4 formation and Matt smith very unlucky not to snatch a point.

But we were toothless. Hoofed it. Clueless.

As poor a performance as any I've seen this season.

He can't change it. He doesn't know what to do. So it is time for a new manager.

I suppose we gave it a go late on, switching to a 2-4-4 formation and Matt smith very unlucky not to snatch a point.

But we were toothless. Hoofed it. Clueless.

As poor a performance as any I've seen this season.

He can't change it. He doesn't know what to do. So it is time for a new manager.

PD says plenty of positives to take out of the match. I wasn't there so i'm just going off fans' who went reactions.

Que?

On Twitter. Seems more worried about his tax brand going up than the football team he plays for. Says they should take the money from people who don't want to work or do anything with there life's (very few choose to be on benefits) instead of the rich as they work hard for their money. Like they haven't cut pay and benefits for the poor enough already. Don't know why I let it bother me as he just comes across as thick :censored: who knows nothing about politics or the hardship some people face everyday.

Just after the match was the wrong time to express his worry about increasing tax for the rich.

It's me he had that discussion with. He does seem naive. However, to aim :censored: at him for having that discussion, saying it shows he's not upset enough is a total crock of :censored:. A football game should not equal any fan's life, nor any player's. Particularly one who did not play. I despair.

It's me he had that discussion with. He does seem naive. However, to aim :censored: at him for having that discussion, saying it shows he's not upset enough is a total crock of :censored:. A football game should not equal any fan's life, nor any player's. Particularly one who did not play. I despair.

You are right. I think it was his views that pissed me off more than when he said them. Just letting things get on top of me with my wife's work trying to cut her pay in half. Then I see this dopey bugger talking about things he knows nothing about. Don't think he'll need to worry about higher tax band soon. Going off his intelligence levels and what would appear his football ability.

Edited by oldhamains

PD says plenty of positives to take out of the match. I wasn't there so i'm just going off fans' who went reactions.

Positives? We passed the ball to each other for 15 minutes.

We defended with some degree of comfort.

We hoofed the ball forwards a lot.

We threw the kitchen sink at it for 10 minutes.

Yeah I saw that discussion and it surprised me. A young professional footballer from not the nicest bit of Newcastle/Tyneside ought to know some people out of work. They are not going to be happy that he is going on like that. I'm a little bit surprised that we are paying him enough for him to be earning over £40k, but perhaps it wasn't him he was moaning for.

Although the government/Lib Dem side of it have announced that the threshold for some new tax "avoidance" investigation task force is £1million in assets, including house. He might well know someone who falls into that category.

Positives? We passed the ball to each other for 15 minutes.

We defended with some degree of comfort.

We hoofed the ball forwards a lot.

We threw the kitchen sink at it for 10 minutes.

So just our average saturday afternoon then ?

I know he has to focus on any positives but don't treat us like idiots...

Yeah I saw that discussion and it surprised me. A young professional footballer from not the nicest bit of Newcastle/Tyneside ought to know some people out of work. They are not going to be happy that he is going on like that. I'm a little bit surprised that we are paying him enough for him to be earning over £40k, but perhaps it wasn't him he was moaning for.

Although the government/Lib Dem side of it have announced that the threshold for some new tax "avoidance" investigation task force is £1million in assets, including house. He might well know someone who falls into that category.

Perhaps even though he comes from Newcastle he can formulate his own opinions? Shock horror.