Honest question

i don't see who we'd bring in... but Corney must be seriously thinking over the next few weeks about Dickov's future and who would be available.

but... Corney backed PD to bring in Derbyshire, Baxter and Wabara and that means he'd be fair to give him a few games to get them to gel. Coventry will be a big test on Saturday - they will be proving they are good enough to their manager and our manager will be proving he's good enough to everyone

Of our seven games, five of them have been against teams who've started well and sit in the top ten of the league. We've been as good as County, Stevenage, Walsall etc, but they have been teams who have been hard to beat and on form. Someone said give PD until fifteen games, i'd agree, but things are getting to the 'really have to improve quickly' stage.

i don't see who we'd bring in... but Corney must be seriously thinking over the next few weeks about Dickov's future and who would be available.

but... Corney backed PD to bring in Derbyshire, Baxter and Wabara and that means he'd be fair to give him a few games to get them to gel. Coventry will be a big test on Saturday - they will be proving they are good enough to their manager and our manager will be proving he's good enough to everyone

Of our seven games, five of them have been against teams who've started well and sit in the top ten of the league. We've been as good as County, Stevenage, Walsall etc, but they have been teams who have been hard to beat and on form. Someone said give PD until fifteen games, i'd agree, but things are getting to the 'really have to improve quickly' stage.

These players are pretty safe signings, Derbyshire having proven he's decent in the higher leagues, Baxter being offered a new contract at Everton and Wabara being a good player on loan. The only good sign over the past few games are the actual performances of the new signings and Montano (I didn't see Montano today so can't comment on todays performance but previous matches he's been good).

I'd hate it if Corney was to sack Dickov then wait for weeks to bring in a new manager, if he goes we must replace him immediately, or swiftly at least within 1 match. And I agree with keeping him until the Coventry game but I can't see him getting much longer if we lose or have another boring draw in front of a home crowd, which will only be bolstered over 3000 by the travelling fans most probably.

Why is it whenever we get to this situation, which is pretty often, do people always start throwing the names of past managers/players around which have proven to be no better in the past.

Made me laugh the post above saying Dowie as manager, Ritchie as number 2 and Big Joe on the board. Why not get Palmer in to coach the strikers, Jobson defensive coach, Henry and Milligan to marshal the centre mids and Holden to coach the wingers just to make sure ;)

Sorry but one reason Dickov has got time is because he was a breathe of fresh air and nothing to do with the club - if he goes let's do the same again please, a new man with new ideas and backroom staff, not going back to the past.

Dowie for me, all day long. Until Chris Moore sold his entire team from under his nose he was doing pretty well...

Why is it whenever we get to this situation, which is pretty often, do people always start throwing the names of past managers/players around which have proven to be no better in the past.

Made me laugh the post above saying Dowie as manager, Ritchie as number 2 and Big Joe on the board. Why not get Palmer in to coach the strikers, Jobson defensive coach, Henry and Milligan to marshal the centre mids and Holden to coach the wingers just to make sure ;)

Sorry but one reason Dickov has got time is because he was a breathe of fresh air and nothing to do with the club - if he goes let's do the same again please, a new man with new ideas and backroom staff, not going back to the past.

Will you be laughing when our local derby is against Wexham?????????????

Billy Davies

Out of work and lived in Preston when there so knows the area.

He will have had big pay-offs from past clubs so question is, is he willing to take us on?

Phil Brown was on GMR and didn't deny he had applied for the Bury job - 'the quality of applicants is always high no matter what jobs available - all jobs are work for managers'

So as its a job and employment, no reason why no manager aside from Redknapp wouldn't want it......

like any of us, its a job and a living at the end of the dau regardless of league.

Ever since there was a strong hint at the start of the season that SC was thinking about suggesting Dickov changes his no.2 I've been waiting for an experienced tactician to come in alongside PD. Taggart is a poor mans Penney - never seen anyone help less during a match than him, can't organise the back 4 at all, I simply do not understand what he brings to the table. PD needs now more than ever a wise old head to his side. Given SC hasn't changed things seems to me that PD refused to remove Taggart and thus the current poor form will ultimately lead to his demise. I reckon it's no better than 50:50 he lasts the week.

Always been a DICKOV IN kind of supporter, mainly cos I like the camaraderie he seems to get within the squad and also the quality of players he is able to attract will be lost if he is gone, but his ability to attract the Montano's, Baxter's and Derbyshire's of this world is simply papering over the cracks of his completely inept tactics and lack of awareness of what is going on with his players on the pitch.

Did not expect to be saying this after watching pre-season but I am in the DICKOV OUT club now unless SC can convince him to get rid of that pathetic no.2.

Edited by eyres_28

The problem is not the back four! 8 goals against - this is top of the table form. The problem is goals for. Now remind me who is the striker and who is the defender in our management team?

We need a Director of Football like a hole in the head. We just need someone to get the best out of a squad which is good enough for this league.

I am not advocating a director of football role for Latics cos I think they are super doper. It was just to say that PD's seemingly greatest asset of attracting decent players to the football club wouldn't be lost, whilst his seemingly (at present) inability to get the best out of said players would be lost.

Edited by Lags

jeez, this again?

What's Jimy Frizz up to these days? Maybe he would come in to manage us again?

Ian Stott on the board, Bill Umston in as coach..........Andy Holden in to coach the defence, Neil Adams in for the wingers......

Sly, my point is that the club is on its knees, ive been to one game all season and Im back in Lancashire not Canada.

The attendences speak volumes, some are so blinkered and take the piss to easily. The club needs a shot in the arm to get the fans back, look what happened when Big Joe came back, the 7000 who turned up are still there, but wont spend the money on the :censored: being witnessed over the last year.

as is said in another post, Robbie Fowler is getting his name out there. Fowler has huge experience at many levels of the game, has a no nonsense persona, is used to the GM area (city) and is actually an astute business man (you need to wheel and deal at this club).

we've missed out Robins.

Sheridan! Really?? Belle Vue gate.

Dowie and Corney? after the dispute over wages?

Joe would certianly be by fat the best man to be Director, but we can't afford such a position.

Like Joe, Fowler has a head for business (as well as being a scouser who played upfront for city,England - okay, i'm stretching it now)

as is said in another post, Robbie Fowler is getting his name out there. Fowler has huge experience at many levels of the game, has a no nonsense persona, is used to the GM area (city) and is actually an astute business man (you need to wheel and deal at this club).

we've missed out Robins.

Sheridan! Really?? Belle Vue gate.

Dowie and Corney? after the dispute over wages?

Joe would certianly be by fat the best man to be Director, but we can't afford such a position.

Like Joe, Fowler has a head for business (as well as being a scouser who played upfront for city,England - okay, i'm stretching it now)

Did you mean that?

Seriously though, with the players we've got, and the fact that three of them have only just arrived, I'd give it another 5 games. I want PD to stay and prove his doubters wrong because I honestly believe that he can do a good job if we can just get that run going.

Edited by Bristolatic

I've never been raving about a DoF being at the club, but I recently watched a Football show and Brian McDermott and The Posh chairman both agreed that every club should have one.

As many know, I've been 'Dickov Out' for a very long time. I wouldn't have him anywhere near the club, not as DoF, Manager, Assistant, Kit Man or even doing Billy's job!

I'd like to see a fresh face in (Robins was my choice but we've missed the boat), so now I'd say probably Sean Dyche.

However, I think it's a fairly safe bet that we will appoint Ritchie again.

Sly, my point is that the club is on its knees, ive been to one game all season and Im back in Lancashire not Canada.

The attendences speak volumes, some are so blinkered and take the piss to easily. The club needs a shot in the arm to get the fans back, look what happened when Big Joe came back, the 7000 who turned up are still there, but wont spend the money on the :censored: being witnessed over the last year.

We got 7000 versus tranmere?