The defensive midfielders

Yet again the manager persisted with his two beloved defensive midfielders, with the usual big gap betewen stikers and central midfield, to make it worse both shot their bolt after an hour leaving Coventry to make the tactical substitutions that mattered.

Baxter is no front runner and should have been switched to central midfield behind a front two, this manager has no vision whatsoever.

Edited by BP1960

Yet again the manager persisted with his two beloved defensive midfielders, with the usual big gap betewen stikers and central midfield, to make it worse both shot their bolt aftef an hour leaving Coventry to make the tactical substitutions that mattered.

Baxter is no front runner and should have been switched to central midfield behind a front two, this manager has no vision whatsoever.

I think the word is ex manager.

I think the intention is for Wes and Furman to interchange to support the front players.

However Dickov has proved time and time again that the players don't listen to him or follow out his instructions on the pitch. He comes out with the usual flannel after the game and I was hoping that he would turn it around but today has confirmed for the very last Tom that he can't.

If Dickov doesn't walk then I'd be more concerned if Corney doesn't act...that will signal the intent of the board and future direction of the club!

I agree.

And it's Furman who goes. Do any of us think he would have signed a contract if our officials hadn't have inserted a little clause? Now he's a capped international he isn't interested.

Wesolowski was outstanding today. My best player by a country mile.

Wesolowski was good, but his legs had gone and for that reason should have been substituted, Furman was poor and showed no leadership whatsoever.

Edited by BP1960

Wesolowski was good, but his legs had gone and for that reason should have been substituted, Furman was poor and showed no leadership whatsoever.

i agree completely. In fact, it was his tiring - and Furman's lack of interest - that allowed Coventry to build up that late pressure. We had been controlling the midfield and then we lapsed. That is when Dickov should have acted. To all of us it appeared he was... and then he forgot he had told Simpson and Smith to warm up. He seemed content but every fan knew we were under a little pressure.

It didn't help that M'Voto became sloppy, either.

Byrne?? one thing Dickov did right today was tell him to stop hoofing the thing whenever he got it. A move would break down in the first half when it came to Byrne, and the ball would go out for a goal kick

I honestly don't mind him hoofing it. Defensively he's excellent for me. Just what we need.

I didn't see what happened but part way through the 2nd half mvoto had some sort of meltdown - i could see byrne telling him to get his :censored: together.

After Wesolowski and Furman had both shot their bolt a coach and horses could have been driven through the Latics defence, no wonder Mvoto was shaky.

I honestly don't mind him hoofing it. Defensively he's excellent for me. Just what we need.

fair enough, he is a good defender and a hoof to get pressure off is fine and exactly what we need sometimes. but when we're building from the back, or trying to, a floaty ball over the heads of the strikers is useless. he stopped it second half and he ended up having an alright game

fair enough, he is a good defender and a hoof to get pressure off is fine and exactly what we need sometimes. but when we're building from the back, or trying to, a floaty ball over the heads of the strikers is useless. he stopped it second half and he ended up having an alright game

The problem is the midfielders don't give the CBs any options. They either have to hoof it, or it goes back to the keeper, who hoofs it. It's too predictable - opponents press our full backs, and sit tight on Wes/Furman, and we're :censored:ed - no outlets.

Furman in particular didn't want it yesterday. He didn' show for the ball, want to receive it or use it, went hiding, and left Wes out to dry by trying to cover 2 players work. He's a game one is Wes, and he tried, but becuase of the workload he'd put in, he was fecked after 70mins.

I don't know what's up with Furman - that game was crying out for someone from the centre of the park to take it by the scruff of the neck. It was calling out for our captain to do that. He didn't. Again.

He's gone backwards this season, back to the player we saw in his 1st season under Dangerous Dave.

Wes can't do it on his own.

It's tie for a shake up in CM - and or me, Furman is the one for drop out. Dave Mellor comes in for me......

Furman in particular didn't want it yesterday. He didn' show for the ball, want to receive it or use it, went hiding, and left Wes out to dry by trying to cover 2 players work. He's a game one is Wes, and he tried, but becuase of the workload he'd put in, he was fecked after 70mins.

I don't know what's up with Furman - that game was crying out for someone from the centre of the park to take it by the scruff of the neck. It was calling out for our captain to do that. He didn't. Again.

He's gone backwards this season, back to the player we saw in his 1st season under Dangerous Dave.

Wes can't do it on his own.

It's tie for a shake up in CM - and or me, Furman is the one for drop out. Dave Mellor comes in for me......

Completely agree and said this earlier in the week. But you watch him go from March onwards when he needs to put himself in the shop window. Agree with the Mellor shout as well, this kid is one of the best footballers at the club and isn't getting a look in. Mystifying...