Managment attitude change?

I made a comment the other day about Taggert having Saturdays off but today it looked like he had his head in gear

months of them all sitting there drinking brews with their feet up was pissing me off

it seemed though they all realised they where in a fight to keep their jobs because it seemed there was a different attitude on the bench

Dickov and Taggert both shouting instruction to players all first half! plenty of communication come back and forth from the players and it seemed to have an impact especillaly with Taggert talking to his back 4 and the keeper

alot less arguing with the 4th official today and more encouragment to the players

but did anyone see Dickov go crazy at the Montano change? I think he was under the impression that Croft was coming and he went nuts at Taggert! for such a big man Taggert lokked a little worried

good to see though! better work ethic on the pitch and off today all round

and off topic but quick note for Grounds who had his best game for the club today and hopefully wont let the Preston goal knock him back a stride!

Edited by palmer1

Dickov and Taggert both shouting instruction to players all first half! plenty of communication come back and forth from the players and it seemed to have an impact especillaly with Taggert talking to his back 4 and the keeper

There was no change from the back 4; we have had a good defence all season. Taggart clearly doesn't need to be barking at them all match to get a reaction and a quality display. Taggart has been quiet most games this season and they've got clean sheets or only conceded through the fault of a midfielder's wayward pass.

But yes, there was a togetherness, between team and manager today that seemed to contribute to the win.

Just think about the celebrations for the goals. Bouzanis running from his net to celebrate with the team. There is a real sense of spirit and camaraderie between the players that some teams just don't have.

no we have not had a good defence all season, we have conceded :censored: goals and Scunthorpe should have had a hatfull against us in the forst half

there have been mistakes fro defenders and golakeepers! a lot we got away with some we didnt (another today)

but considering we had 4 fullbacks playing at the back for most of today we coped very well with good communication

we may not have conceded as many as other teams but it could have been much better without the mistakes

I thought the exact opposite. They looked even more unprofessional than usual.

First half we had the farce over who should be marking at corners. For the first two or three corners there was clearly a Preston player who wasn't being marked. The players shouted over to the bench, who just didn't seem to give any help to the players other than just looking a clipboards.

Then in the second half, Croft clearly wanted to come off and had been signalling to the bench and pointing at his leg. Our management team decide to ignore this and replaced Montano.

The win today showed what the team can do. Shame we don't have a management team that can get the best out of them on a weekly basis.

I thought the exact opposite. They looked even more unprofessional than usual.

First half we had the farce over who should be marking at corners. For the first two or three corners there was clearly a Preston player who wasn't being marked. The players shouted over to the bench, who just didn't seem to give any help to the players other than just looking a clipboards.

Then in the second half, Croft clearly wanted to come off and had been signalling to the bench and pointing at his leg. Our management team decide to ignore this and replaced Montano.

The win today showed what the team can do. Shame we don't have a management team that can get the best out of them on a weekly basis.

You've choose the wrong day for your crusade brother

Lags, totally understand and appreciate your point. It was a fantastic display and I enjoyed the performance from start to finish. Just trying to add a bit of perspective, the players excelled, the management team were poor. Just my opinion.

I take it you are a Dickov outer the CD,s?

I ask because they are a team, they work together - managment and players

you cant just give the players credit and believe it has nothing to do with the managment who set up training, pick the team and supply tactics

Edited by palmer1

I usually sit in the RRE so was deposed today and sat in the main stand paddock behind our bench, I made of point of watching what Dickov & Taggart did as when I've sat there before all I've seen is the reported Dickov arguing with the 4th official and Taggart texting and drinking coffee.

I was impressed with Taggart today, he was constantly on at Bouzanis and telling him to keep concentration which is something I usually shout at the lads plus Deano shouted over to him about who was supposed to be picking which player up at corners and he put him straight. Dickov too hardly argued with the 4th official, there were a couple of times but he was right each time. Both of them did their jobs today, if they've given themselves a kick up the arse then I like their reaction.

I thought we should have made some subs at 3 up, so was a little disappointed the subs didn't happen earlier. I'd forgotten we'd already used 1 up when Tarky had to come off, at 3 up Baxter's work was done so I'd have like to have seen him come off earlier but it was right to take him off and with Furman's call up Mchangama needed a run out as he will play next week. Montano had been limping for a bit so it was either him or Croft and for me it was right to take Montano off, if he is in the groove now there was no point aggravating the knock he took. Plus, Croft could do with getting more 90 minutes under his (sizeable :lol:) belt. He did look like he was blowing and possibly carrying a knock but then he went and ran round like a mad one so there was nowt wrong with leaving him on.

And yes Dickov went mental when we let that one in which is good to see, he emphasizes the importance of clean sheets and was angry we didn't get one today, they didn't deserve to score and I want my manager to be on top of it especially at 3 up. If I was him I'd use that this week in training, yes we were good going forwards and for 80+ going backwards but we have to be on top of our game for 90+ minutes.

Edited by beag_teeets

I usually sit in the RRE so was deposed today and sat in the main stand paddock behind our bench, I made of point of watching what Dickov & Taggart did as when I've sat there before all I've seen is the reported Dickov arguing with the 4th official and Taggart texting and drinking coffee.

I was impressed with Taggart today, he was constantly on at Bouzanis and telling him to keep concentration which is something I usually shout at the lads plus Deano shouted over to him about who was supposed to be picking which player up at corners and he put him straight. Dickov too hardly argued with the 4th official, there were a couple of times but he was right each time. Both of them did their jobs today, if they've given themselves a kick up the arse then I like their reaction.

I thought we should have made some subs at 3 up, so was a little disappointed the subs didn't happen earlier. I'd forgotten we'd already used 1 up when Tarky had to come off, at 3 up Baxter's work was done so I'd have like to have seen him come off earlier but it was right to take him off and with Furman's call up Mchangama needed a run out as he will play next week. Montano had been limping for a bit so it was either him or Croft and for me it was right to take Montano off, if he is in the groove now there was no point aggravating the knock he took. Plus, Croft could do with getting more 90 minutes under his (sizeable :lol:) belt. He did look like he was blowing and possibly carrying a knock but then he went and ran round like a mad one so there was nowt wrong with leaving him on.

And yes Dickov went mental when we let that one in which is good to see, he emphasizes the importance of clean sheets and was angry we didn't get one today, they didn't deserve to score and I want my manager to be on top of it especially at 3 up. If I was him I'd use that this week in training, yes we were good going forwards and for 80+ going backwards but we have to be on top of our game for 90+ minutes.

All fair points, I'll take it from someone who had a ringside seat. Let's hope this improvement continues.

I thought we should have made some subs at 3 up, so was a little disappointed the subs didn't happen earlier. I'd forgotten we'd already used 1 up when Tarky had to come off, at 3 up Baxter's work was done so I'd have like to have seen him come off earlier but it was right to take him off and with Furman's call up Mchangama needed a run out as he will play next week.

While you're on the topic, do you think M'Changama will replace Furman next week? It seems like a perfect replacement but I thought Simpson would get a look in.

I thought they were excellent today both of them constantly talking and giving an air on confidence from from the bench which must help the team.

Furman was annoyed about the marking at corners but the bench sorted as soon as he told them.

the opening post, did you think I saw all that from the back of the Chaddy?

Right, I'm with you now. It was the corner and subbing incidents that peed me off. You didn't mention anything about these in your original post. I thought they were a Taggert / Dickov cock up. If you and the rest of the paddock think It wasn't them I'll shut up.

what did i see today?

Between Dickov and Taggert, I can't say it looked to much different to any other game (from my main stand paddock view)

I believe the squad togetherness is down to to dickov....i believe there are freindships within the team which you wouldnt get in some squads. What i saw today was 11 people who wanted to keep their manager in his job....who want to keep him in his job for weeks / months to come. All they have to do now is repeat it.....week in week out.

I didn't go Tuesday but what i saw today was a team who worked hard for each other and the club and gave 110%. If i get 110% from them every week - i don't mind getting beat and i wouldnt be calling for the managers head.....its as simple as that