Oldham Athletics Web Site LOL

do we really need a club website? :unsure:

even when it was usable a lot of the content was out of date or innacurate.

since they changed it & I stopped using it it's made zero difference to me.

in fact, i've found better, quicker sources for any OAFC information I need.

maybe the club could bin it completely and save a few quid? might aswell.

I don't have any problems with the site working, in terms of links, content etc., what I do have a major problem with is the completely amateur design the club chose to implement. Whoever is dropping pictures into the template containers (i.e. the player profiles) obviously does not know the first thing about how it should be done. It looks ridiculously second-rate and Lee Croft looks even fatter with his picture stretched to fit the container! Style wise, It's like going back over a decade to when companies said "Just get a site up there, I couldn't give a toss what it looks like!".

Too late now, we are stuck with it and to be honest, the news arrives on twitter before it does on the official site.

I believe that Bury earn £30k a year from their web site.

It's the big front window marketing opportunity.

They need to maximise it. Not kill it.

I hope they plan to seek compensation from the league or the hosting company for forcing this online development onto us. Can you imagine Amazon launching a new web site whereby on searching for a DVD player you get TV's and when searching for laptops you get irons. They would soon be out of business, it's laughable that the club seems to be accepting this without causing a major stink.

If the number of complaints on here are indicative I'd guess we're losing 5 figures a month!

If the number of complaints on here are indicative I'd guess we're losing 5 figures a month!

You worked there so I bow to your knowledge but am genuinely surprised that the club made at least £10000 a month from it. That's serious income.

Would also add that , however, that I would never use complaints on here as indicative of Latics supporters as a whole !