Not wanting to beat the club here..but

How hard is it to do a mail merge? This is poor- if the club have asked for turnstile operators and they get more responses than they thought they should still reply to everyone who applied.

Perhaps taking the opportunity to promote the club shop, part-season tickets, the supporters coach to Crawley etc at the same time.

Every stamp is a marketing opportunity.

Says they couldn't reply to everybody individually, they may have sent a bog standard rejection letter to all applicants who weren't successful?

By the looks of the article they didn't. The article looks like an attempt at the bog standard rejection letter without paying postage.

i applied for it, but because i'm not 18 until March i can't be trusted to handle money... I did get an email to say that though and that they'd keep my details on record.

been after a part time job for a while now and seem to get rejection emails daily, to be fair to Latics they were better than most places! (incidentally, if anyone has a part time job that doesnt need experience or someone who is 18, im a good worker!)

i applied for it, but because i'm not 18 until March i can't be trusted to handle money... I did get an email to say that though and that they'd keep my details on record.

been after a part time job for a while now and seem to get rejection emails daily, to be fair to Latics they were better than most places! (incidentally, if anyone has a part time job that doesnt need experience or someone who is 18, im a good worker!)

Fair enough. I'm just being a sceptical barsteward then :~p

This being the club who seemed intent on humiliating their ex-webmaster on the official site when they binned him off (without ever replacing him).

I can't say I'm remotely surprised.

Yeah but that guy was a dick anyway! It's not like he worked a 14 hour day, including a reserves game, on the day his aunt died..... oh.

As someone who works matchdays people forget all those invovled only do matchdays and outside of the club do have other jobs familes etc and from what i know about the orginal advert the person you apply Tony Bugby does not having anything to do with it maybe its down to him to reply.

I'm a big believer in people applying should get feedback if they dont get it.

Out of order.

Tbf it's only a :censored:ty turnstile job on a Saturday. What feedback could they give? "Uh, sorry, you haven't got the job, but here's where you went wrong in case you apply for another turnstile job".

Most businesses don't give you any feedback for full time positions so the club really haven't done anything wrong by not contacting the applicants individually, because let's be honest, most people won't be arsed either way whether they got it or not, it's a free season ticket more than anything else.

Tbf it's only a :censored:ty turnstile job on a Saturday. What feedback could they give? "Uh, sorry, you haven't got the job, but here's where you went wrong in case you apply for another turnstile job".

Most businesses don't give you any feedback for full time positions so the club really haven't done anything wrong by not contacting the applicants individually, because let's be honest, most people won't be arsed either way whether they got it or not, it's a free season ticket more than anything else.

Why shouldn't an application for a ":censored:ty" job like that be afforded the same level of courtesy as a higher level job? It's about acknowledgement and thanks not feedback. However, I don't agree that most places don't offer feedback. The vast majority do, albeit you usually need to ask.