FA Cup 1st round draw

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's quite a distance, I wouldn't call Latics-Stoke a derby. Not saying there isn't a rivalry but what's caused it?

No idea, but I guess their (Shrewsbury's) nearest rivals would have been Wrexham when they were in the same division, or Crewe. As for Hereford, I don't think they'll have anyone closer apart from non league teams.

A49 derby, both at opposite ends of the a49 Id think telford where there bigger rivals but obviously there leagues apart. Bit like us adopting hudders and tranmere as a derby coz of united/ciry/rochdales absence

Kidderminster ground details

Capacity: 6,238 (Seated 3,140)

Address:

Hoo Road, Kidderminster, DY10 1NB

Main Telephone No: 01562 823 931

Were Hereford and Shrewsbury traditionally on opposite sides of a domestic war?

Hereford has been in both Wales and England. It's probably still legal to fire an arrow in to a Welshman's eye on market day.

Fairly sure they have a habit of executing Lancastrians in Hereford too.

Edited by opinions4u

Laws:

UK (some of these do not apply in Scotland or others in Wales):

It is lawful to kill a Scotsman in York if he is carrying a bow and arrow.

It is illegal for taxi drivers to carry rabid dogs or corpses.

A taxi driver must ask passengers if they are suffering from plague or smallpox.

A member of the House of Commons is not allowed to resign his seat. However, if one wants to leave the post, he applies for (and is automatically granted) the Stewardship of the Aylesbury Hundred, which is a job with no duties or pay but which makes him ineligible for membership of Parliament.

Anyone entering the Houses of Parliament while wearing a suit of armour is liable to be arrested.

It is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament (I'm not sure what punishment is inflicted on offenders).

Any whale washed up on the shore is the property of the Queen, so she can use its bones for her corset.

In Hereford you can shoot a Welsh person on a Sunday, with a longbow, in the Cathedral Close.

You can shoot a Welsh person with a bow and arrow in Chester, inside the city walls and after midnight.

It is legal for a male to urinate in public, as long it is on the rear wheel of his motor vehicle and his right hand is on the vehicle.

Women are permitted to go topless in Liverpool provided they work as a clerk in a shop selling tropical fish.

A bed may not be hung out of a window.

It is illegal for a lady to eat chocolates on a public conveyance.

It is illegal to be drunk on licenced premises.

Any person found breaking a boiled egg at the sharp end may be sentenced to 24 hours in the stocks.

Any boy under the age of 10 may not see a naked mannequin.

It is illegal to eat mince pies on 25th December.

In London it is illegal to hail a taxi while suffering from bubonic plague.

Sticking a postage stamp (showing the head of the queen, which they all do) on an envelope upside down is considered treason.

It is illegal to go within 100 yards of the queen when not wearing hose, socks or stockings.

It is illegal for any commoner's pet to have carnal knowledge of an animal belonging to the monarch.

A pregnant woman may relieve herself anywhere she likes, including (if she requests) in a policeman's helmet.

A hackney carriage (i.e. taxi) driver must (still) carry a bale of hay and a bucket to feed and water his horse [Thanks to Paula Wilde for reminding me of this one]

It is illegal for a London taxi driver to take more than one day off work in any week unless he gives 10 days notice (presumably to the licensing authority).

It is also illegal for a London taxi driver to pick up a passenger who flags him down, although he is permitted to display an illuminated sign saying he is available.

Also in London you may not carry a plank, pole, ladder, wheel, hoop or tub along the footpath, although you can carry it across the path to load it into a vehicle.

Children in London are forbidden to play any game, fly a kite or slide on ice or snow in the street.

Under a 1906 act of Parliament it is illegal to go to a fancy dress party dressed as a soldier or sailor.

In London it is an offence against the law to beat a carpet in the street, or to beat a doormat in the atreet after 8:00a.m.

Laws:

UK (some of these do not apply in Scotland or others in Wales):

It is lawful to kill a Scotsman in York if he is carrying a bow and arrow.

It is illegal for taxi drivers to carry rabid dogs or corpses.

A taxi driver must ask passengers if they are suffering from plague or smallpox.

A member of the House of Commons is not allowed to resign his seat. However, if one wants to leave the post, he applies for (and is automatically granted) the Stewardship of the Aylesbury Hundred, which is a job with no duties or pay but which makes him ineligible for membership of Parliament.

Anyone entering the Houses of Parliament while wearing a suit of armour is liable to be arrested.

It is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament (I'm not sure what punishment is inflicted on offenders).

Any whale washed up on the shore is the property of the Queen, so she can use its bones for her corset.

In Hereford you can shoot a Welsh person on a Sunday, with a longbow, in the Cathedral Close.

You can shoot a Welsh person with a bow and arrow in Chester, inside the city walls and after midnight.

It is legal for a male to urinate in public, as long it is on the rear wheel of his motor vehicle and his right hand is on the vehicle.

Women are permitted to go topless in Liverpool provided they work as a clerk in a shop selling tropical fish.

A bed may not be hung out of a window.

It is illegal for a lady to eat chocolates on a public conveyance.

It is illegal to be drunk on licenced premises.

Any person found breaking a boiled egg at the sharp end may be sentenced to 24 hours in the stocks.

Any boy under the age of 10 may not see a naked mannequin.

It is illegal to eat mince pies on 25th December.

In London it is illegal to hail a taxi while suffering from bubonic plague.

Sticking a postage stamp (showing the head of the queen, which they all do) on an envelope upside down is considered treason.

It is illegal to go within 100 yards of the queen when not wearing hose, socks or stockings.

It is illegal for any commoner's pet to have carnal knowledge of an animal belonging to the monarch.

A pregnant woman may relieve herself anywhere she likes, including (if she requests) in a policeman's helmet.

A hackney carriage (i.e. taxi) driver must (still) carry a bale of hay and a bucket to feed and water his horse [Thanks to Paula Wilde for reminding me of this one]

It is illegal for a London taxi driver to take more than one day off work in any week unless he gives 10 days notice (presumably to the licensing authority).

It is also illegal for a London taxi driver to pick up a passenger who flags him down, although he is permitted to display an illuminated sign saying he is available.

Also in London you may not carry a plank, pole, ladder, wheel, hoop or tub along the footpath, although you can carry it across the path to load it into a vehicle.

Children in London are forbidden to play any game, fly a kite or slide on ice or snow in the street.

Under a 1906 act of Parliament it is illegal to go to a fancy dress party dressed as a soldier or sailor.

In London it is an offence against the law to beat a carpet in the street, or to beat a doormat in the atreet after 8:00a.m.

We should all train in archery, master it and then see if Mark Hughes fancies Sunday lunch in Hereford sometime to show there's no hard feelings about "that" goal....

Edited by JoeP

I hope my adopted son doesn't hear about that one when I take him on a Bring Your Child To Work Day. It's only about 200 yards to a corgi as the randy baby owl flies.

Hereford/Shrewsbury is a derby?!

The further South you go the distance between derb games seems to get bigger. I Know Shrewsbury actual derby is Telford and know Worcester dont like Hereford either but always been told always been some sort of rivalry between the two.

http://www.shropshirelive.com/2012/01/23/significant-police-operation-to-be-in-place-for-hereford-v-shrewsbury-match/

Edited by oafctom

Yes only 40mins from me delighted as im sure is mightybosh

The more I think about it, the happier I am that we got this tie.

Fairly local, new ground, quality pies despite being expensive! But most importantly it's a chance to see the current Latics team as it is (maybe minus Derbyshire) as if it wasn't for this game the next one would be in February for me which is Cov away when Wabara, Baxter and Derbyshire are unlikely to be here. If this is our high point of the season I'd like to see what it's like at least once!