Scholes to manage Oldham!

One Day Maybe.. certainly has the footballing brain on the field and i'm sure he could pass that on, but he does seem like a quiet guy - he always shy's away from media attention and rarely does any television interviews, is he really cut out to be a manager?

I'd hope so, i'd like to give him a go, sometime in the future.

Edited by Latics_Fanatic

i'd give him a go once PD has moved on.

1. he's an oldham fan - how many have ever managed the club - unique.

2. he's a football man through and through, not a PremierLeague puff.

3. he's a fiery little sod - wouldn't take :censored:, and would dish it out when necessary.

4. he's grounded - common sense, no nonsense.

5. knows his football inside out (coaching, tactics etc)

6. all alternatives are crap

7. he's an oldham fan...

2. he's a football man through and through, not a PremierLeague puff.

3. he's a fiery little sod - wouldn't take :censored:, and would dish it out when necessary.

4. he's grounded - common sense, no nonsense.

5. knows his football inside out (coaching, tactics etc)

6. all alternatives are crap

7. he's an oldham fan...

Is he a bit quiet for that sort of job?

7. he's an oldham fan...

He said in the Telegraph in 2009:

"People automatically think I'm an Oldham fan, but I have always been United. My dad took me to a few games, but it was always really hard to get tickets for Old Trafford. He was an Oldham fan so, from the age of nine or ten, he started to take me to Boundary Park because we could get in! "

He said in the Telegraph in 2009:

"People automatically think I'm an Oldham fan, but I have always been United. My dad took me to a few games, but it was always really hard to get tickets for Old Trafford. He was an Oldham fan so, from the age of nine or ten, he started to take me to Boundary Park because we could get in! "

I've seen more quotes where he says he's a big fan. Also saw a quote where he said he was routing for us in the 94 semi final, despite being on their books. He's also been seen on a numerous occasions at BP.

Seriously, some people are up themselves, totally unrealsitic and stupidly unfair. He's always laid claim to being a fan. Like many others, that doesn't stop him supporting a big club, especially one he's played for all his life. - lay off him, FFS. Grow up and get real.

Paul Scholes he is and Oldham fan.....

Seriously, some people are up themselves, totally unrealsitic and stupidly unfair.

Would you like to be more specific?

He's always laid claim to being a fan.

Although the Telegraph article linked above suggests not quite as committed as some believe.

lay off him

I can't see anybody having a go at him.

FFS. Grow up and get real.

Why are you ranting? I don't get it.

I've seen more quotes where he says he's a big fan. Also saw a quote where he said he was routing for us in the 94 semi final, despite being on their books. He's also been seen on a numerous occasions at BP.

Seriously, some people are up themselves, totally unrealsitic and stupidly unfair. He's always laid claim to being a fan. Like many others, that doesn't stop him supporting a big club, especially one he's played for all his life. - lay off him, FFS. Grow up and get real.

Paul Scholes he is and Oldham fan.....

We know he's said he used to go to BP with his dad because they couldn't get into OT. We know he goes to BP with his sons. We know he's said Frankie Bunn and Andy Ritchie are his favourite players. We know the rarely-wrong Chron described him as "a lifelong fan of the Boundary Park outfit" and Alan Hardy said "he is a Latics fan".

We know it was rumoured that his name was linked to the anonymous funding of the pre-season trip to Northern Ireland in 2003, after Chris Moore disappeared over the horizon with the season ticket money and the Club was in administration.

We know he's said "People automatically think I'm an Oldham fan, but I have always been United".

We know some people are fans of both United and Latics, and I'd love to know he's actually said he's a Latics fan. I'd be interested to see any quotes where he's said it.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

The guy is loaded, after he "retired" at united he could easily have come to Oldham, he could have played for us for free and it wouldn't have affected his bank balance. He might be a bit of a fan but I think his heart is at united. to all that post on here, if you were in his shoes and were a lifelong latics fan, you would have done everything possible to play for your beloved club, especially if you were financially secure. The money wouldn't have mattered, it would be the feeling of putting on the latics shirt at bp.

The guy is loaded, after he "retired" at united he could easily have come to Oldham, he could have played for us for free and it wouldn't have affected his bank balance. He might be a bit of a fan but I think his heart is at united. to all that post on here, if you were in his shoes and were a lifelong latics fan, you would have done everything possible to play for your beloved club, especially if you were financially secure. The money wouldn't have mattered, it would be the feeling of putting on the latics shirt at bp.

He did say in an interview that he would have considered it but was never asked.