Tranmere Highlights

Grounds, not for the first time left a player unmarked.

Looking at the clip Grounds had come into the centre to pick up other players and Montano was ball watching instead of picking up the Trannie. Hence the shouting at him by other Latics after the goal.

Can't remember which Tranmere player it was who put his studs into Matt Derbyshire's thigh in the second half, should have been at least a yellow but wasn't even given as a foul. Didn't show that either. Very poor refereeing.

Can't remember which Tranmere player it was who put his studs into Matt Derbyshire's thigh in the second half, should have been at least a yellow but wasn't even given as a foul. Didn't show that either. Very poor refereeing.

It was right in front of the assistant (liner in my book) I clearly lip read him say to the Ref, "I didn't see it". Then how the f&*k could you give the throw in!

Edited by Lags

Guest Scratch2000uk

Tranmere missed two glorious chances just before half time, so the match looked closer than it could have been, highlight for me was Chaddy getting one past their keeper, I was going to vote for the full time whistle but i had gone by then. :OASISscarf:

Their goal scorer was left unmarked by Montano I'm afraid. Just didn't track him.

Said this at the time of the goal, its Montano who didnt track him not Grounds fault

We wouldn't have even been defending the free-kick had Wes not needless gone through the bloke who was going nowhere, was a brainless challenge to make

Correct -it was also debateable whether another defender who was almost level with Taylor who have been able to get across in time.But as you say,he was running away from the goal.

That said, I have seen red cards produced in similar cases. I just think the way referees are told to interpret the laws of the game made a red card an unlikely outcome.

Despite wishing to claim "we wuz robbed" or similar along the way!

Ronnie said to someone in the main stand it should have been a red card.

That would have been moi.

Had more than a couple of nice little conversations with him on Saturday, though at the end of the game he did call me a sad bastard (!) when i told him he'd been lucky to get the 3 points !!

He agreed with me that Taylor should have seen red, and also McGurk was lucky to not get 2 yellows in quick succession, for the trip on Croft and the dive in our box - Ronnie said it was a good job the ref was :censored: otherwise he'd have been down to 9! Surprised at his honesty really (though, in hindsight, he could have been humouring me I guess?)

Edited by slystallone