Mr Corney speaks to the masses

Boom. There goes another thread.

Quite, but if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

We're too worried about the opposition and have been since Southampton dicked us 6-0, that's the day Dickov's tactical bottle started to go. It went completely after Peterborough rolled over us 5-0… :censored: happens, he should have moved on - he didn't…….and now is paying the price for sitting back game after game allowing the other team to gain the initiative. Even when we get in front, most of the time he panics and shuts up shop which invites the pressure on, with an inevitable outcome.

I watched pre-season 2010 and told my brother who'd missed it that Dickov was a breath of fresh air after Dave Penney. I predicted that we'd break our 3 goals in 1 game hoodoo quickly and start scoring more freely. However, I also suspected that we'd get a few tonkings along the way. I could live with that provided it didn't happen too often and the team continued to play with endeavour and purpose.

Unfortunately, the defeats mentioned above really chopped PD's nuts off and he's suffered from tactical conservatism for the most part since.

I believe our January to May form in both 2011 and 2012 was down to teams being tactically ready for us in the return games and, a few games aside this season, they already appear to have our number which is a big worry.

I'm still backing the current management team to learn from their mistakes and start getting the best out of what is a very good squad of players. The Doncaster cup game is pivotal though in my opinion. It is winnable and the financial benefits could be crucial to us keeping our holy trinity. Lose it, especially on the back of a couple of poor results against Bournemouth and Hartlepool, and I think SC will make a change, albeit with a heavy heart.

I think the cheap season tickets will only apply after a certain number of adult applications. The only problem with this is that fans can only apply, expecting to pay the full amount, and any reduction would be a bonus. Would that tempt more people to apply?

Can't see why he wants City at home if we get to the 3rd. round.

Agree budgets dont matter said it since scunny went up - get the right team together and GET THEM TO PLAY and budgets mean :censored: all

One look at last seasons final league table suggest that they do mean a hell of alot over the course of a season. Lets see where Tranmere are in May.

That said the fact that Tranmere are where they are and we are where we are in spite of it only being November is clearly a dissapointement particularly when you factor in the budget they have is smaller. The tone of that interview and the fact he has gone on two public "outbursts" does suggest that while he is behind Dickov and does want him to succeed his patience has its limits. look at the next 4 fixture Bournemouth (A) Hartlepool (A) Shrewsbury (H) Doncaster (H) FA Cup. getting something from Bournemouth will be tough and if we do I think thats a bonus, but the hartlepool and Shrewsbury games have to yield atleast 4 points then the FA Cup game with Donny is clearly crucial if Dickov gets 4 defeats their then I think he could be gone Football is often a game of fine margins and those 4 games really could make or break our season we take wins in the league and progress in the cup then we go into the christmas period with our tails up ready to go for the second half of the season.

I think the cheap season tickets will only apply after a certain number of adult applications. The only problem with this is that fans can only apply, expecting to pay the full amount, and any reduction would be a bonus. Would that tempt more people to apply?

Can't see why he wants City at home if we get to the 3rd. round.

It seemingly worked at Hartlepool last season they sold a shed load and IIRC a significant amount over what the fans needed to get the cheapest price.

It wouldn't surprise me for him to ask the Hartlepool directors how successful it was overall when the reduce pay-on-the-day income is factored in when we play them in a week.

As for why he wants City at home, we beat them pre-season, and in our last competitive game, it will be a full-house and we have a very good chance of being on TV.

Seem to have lost Doncaster away on the 27th from your list. We are on target for 49 points at the moment and just the 4 points from Hartlepool and Shrewsbury this month puts us on target for 48 points. That is not what we need. Corney knows we need to be well placed by Christmas to weather the inevitable slump in the New Year.

I like what he said but if he is really trying to protect their 'investment' I would have thought league 2 football is the last thing he wants and that undoubtedly is the direction we are going in. Please God and Dickov prove me wrong!

Seem to have lost Doncaster away on the 27th from your list. We are on target for 49 points at the moment and just the 4 points from Hartlepool and Shrewsbury this month puts us on target for 48 points. That is not what we need. Corney knows we need to be well placed by Christmas to weather the inevitable slump in the New Year.

I like what he said but if he is really trying to protect their 'investment' I would have thought league 2 football is the last thing he wants and that undoubtedly is the direction we are going in. Please God and Dickov prove me wrong!

One look at last seasons final league table suggest that they do mean a hell of alot over the course of a season. Lets see where Tranmere are in May.

That said the fact that Tranmere are where they are and we are where we are in spite of it only being November is clearly a dissapointement particularly when you factor in the budget they have is smaller. The tone of that interview and the fact he has gone on two public "outbursts" does suggest that while he is behind Dickov and does want him to succeed his patience has its limits. look at the next 4 fixture Bournemouth (A) Hartlepool (A) Shrewsbury (H) Doncaster (H) FA Cup. getting something from Bournemouth will be tough and if we do I think thats a bonus, but the hartlepool and Shrewsbury games have to yield atleast 4 points then the FA Cup game with Donny is clearly crucial if Dickov gets 4 defeats their then I think he could be gone Football is often a game of fine margins and those 4 games really could make or break our season we take wins in the league and progress in the cup then we go into the christmas period with our tails up ready to go for the second half of the season.

If we suffer 4 defeats from those fixtures then he would have to go imo. Nice guy or not, the club has to come first, and 4 defeats would see us entrenched in a serious relegation dog-fight.

I know a Doncaster fan.

When they were doing well he said it was luck , they were winning games that they were being outplayed in.Looks like he is right.

Two home defeats like us last week & didn't even score.

They have 16 fit professionals he says ....if we don't make Round 3 at home to them , I fear for the worst.

He's right if the other games are like when they won at Tranmere.Tranmere battered them particularly in the second half,Doncaster got out of their half twice in that period and scored both times.Their only shot on target in the first half hit the woodwork.

He's right if the other games are like when they won at Tranmere.Tranmere battered them particularly in the second half,Doncaster got out of their half twice in that period and scored both times.Their only shot on target in the first half hit the woodwork.

Wish we had that sort of luck!!!