Has tonight delayed the inevitable?

Although i'm happy about the three points. Hartlepool are dire, and for people to thank luck that we beat them, tells a story.

Dickov's first few months were great, but ever since, it's been mainly a downward spiral, with the occasional upbeat performances. I'm getting rather bored of it now, a team, that on paper should be doing better, but are constantly lacking on the pitch.

I'm not sure who's to blame for it though, Is it the players inconsistency? Is that why they are here anyway? or, is it down to Dickov to get out of them, what other managers couldn't get from them?

Last night's win reminded me a bit of the win at Stockport under Penney - just enough against a woeful side.

I wish Dickov would learn to stop persisting with players that don't perform - he's got form with this with Kuqi.

Really hope last night's win is the catalyst for another decent run of performances, as there have been games under Dickov where we've been outstanding. It just doesn't happen often enough and we don't seem to know how to keep things fresh.

Knew before kick-off we would win, we will also beat Shrewsbury and Doncastor twice. We will start dreaming of a late push up the table and a cup run before another poor run. He will do just enough to keep his job until the end of the season, it seems like to me on the outside that the players like him. They want him to stay, but don't respect him or aren't motivated by him enough to do more than that.

I said at 1-1 that it's a typical Dickov performance. We've thrown away too many points this season against some very poor sides, if Dickov manages to claw back some of these points in tougher games then he'll deserve to stay but last nights result doesn't get him out of the hole he's dug by failing to beat the likes of Walsall, Coventry, Bury, Scunthorpe etc

The problem I have with this is not that people saying we should be beating those teams at home as I think we should at least beat a couple of them. Since they are all likely to be at best mid-table come May. It's people saying we have to beat Hartlepool as they are bottom and in a bad run of form but expect us to beats teams struggling but in a good run of form when we play them (or in Coventry's case starting a good run).

It's a bit of a logical fallacy, for example Leon Clarke is the divisions top scorer despite not playing in this division for the first 5 games. If we had played Scunny without him (or were going to play them in December when Clarke is unavailable) then yes we should have beaten them but instead we played them after Clarke had been there a while and he scored. Sometimes, over the course of a season thes things even themselves out but at the moment IMHO we've been a bit unlucky with the fixture list so far.

The problem I have with this is not that people saying we should be beating those teams at home as I think we should at least beat a couple of them. Since they are all likely to be at best mid-table come May. It's people saying we have to beat Hartlepool as they are bottom and in a bad run of form but expect us to beats teams struggling but in a good run of form when we play them (or in Coventry's case starting a good run).

It's a bit of a logical fallacy, for example Leon Clarke is the divisions top scorer despite not playing in this division for the first 5 games. If we had played Scunny without him (or were going to play them in December when Clarke is unavailable) then yes we should have beaten them but instead we played them after Clarke had been there a while and he scored. Sometimes, over the course of a season thes things even themselves out but at the moment IMHO we've been a bit unlucky with the fixture list so far.

Ok Scunthorpe was maybe an exception as they should have had 4 by half time. But Coventry were awful when we played them and I don't even think we tested their keeper, I haven't mentioned Carlisle who were in a poor run of form as were Bury and we were comfortable against Walsall and basically gave them a point. I don't expect us to beat them all, I just wish they'd play to their full potential for 90 minutes instead of just 45

His passion and enthusiasm is admirable and is probably the reason he is still manager of our football club. For his efforts alone he deserves a little success, the vast majority of our players past and present have always shown him their upmost respect and he is a very popular figure within the club. However, being popular does not guarantee your position.

The next month or so one way or another will determine whether he has a future at the club. I think he will be in charge for the cup game no matter what happens in the next two games as at this stage I think it's too late for a new man to come in and make any difference.

We haven't won 3 league games on the spin in Dickov's two and a half seasons and it would be a massive boost going into the cup tie if he could finally break that hoodoo!, however, I just can't see that happening.

I hope I'm wrong but I think a draw on Saturday and two defeats to Doncaster will finally seal his fate!

I think it has delayed the inevitable if I'm honest however I'd like to give him the opportunity to turn this round although his future is very much in the balance. He needs to follow this up with a win on saturday what we get something in the league against Donny its a bonus but we have to beat them in the cup.

I think for once us fans have been fair on a manager and if we do get rid I hope we show similar patience with the next manager. They will still have to get some results but I think judging a manager on his 3rd season is an acceptable time frame given the constraints of the club.

This seems familiar, remember that game vs Barnsley in November 2004? At the time Talbot's job was on the line, we got a fluke victory, then pushed onwards with an 8 match winning streak leading us to the FA Cup 3rd round victory over City. Only for it all to come unstuck in February 10 match losing streak